PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma - what is your limit for politeness?

Kshisya
01-11-2004, 14:53
:rolleyes: okay so now tell me people what is the better evil ...:rolleyes:

I mean is it better to be a bitch to somebody or to your own self???

What is your limit for politeness?

Fa-Q!
01-11-2004, 14:55
I only ask "a little less teeth please" twice. The third request is a swift smack in the forehead.

85StonePolarBear
01-11-2004, 14:55
Is this aimed at me? Because if it is, I truly apologise; I was in a weird mood and was acting very strangely both Friday and when I posted that nonsense. I will ask for all of the garbage which bothers you to be deleted, and that is the end of it.

And even if it is not aimed at me, I really did not want to offend you of all people, and I still apologise. No polar bear hugs, no emoticons, no nonsense - just an apology, straight from the heart.

Ledka
01-11-2004, 14:59
hm... it's really a dilemma. It's always hard for me to stay tolerant. But after I really show my fighting nature I usually feel sorry. If it is a colleague of yours I'd recommend to be tolerant. It will save you other troubles. Just don't waste your emotions on this person, even if these emotions are negotive. He or she doesn't deserve that.

Kshisya
01-11-2004, 15:18

Jet
01-11-2004, 15:20
SOrry, Ksh, I will leave you alone

Fa-Q!
01-11-2004, 15:21
Seriously, if subtle hints don't work, any responsible adult will politely and matter-of-factly tell the person how it is. That's all.

jules
01-11-2004, 15:22
I can sympathise. I try to be polite whenever possible, but there is a limit. Unfortunately, if the person is a work colleague, particularly one at your level or higher, the limit has to stay pretty high - you don't want to burn your bridges if it could affect your career later... :(

85StonePolarBear
01-11-2004, 15:23
Well, I am not ALL over you, but I do not want to offend you either, so once again, regardless of whether this is aimed at me, what I did was not right and was not usually how I act, and it is best forgotten.

As for your question, just tell the person what bothers you, and see what happens from there. Maybe it is all a misunderstanding, or you do not really know that person. If the response you get proves what you thought in the first place, then tell them to **** OFF!

Kingwillhe
01-11-2004, 15:33
Originally posted by Kshisya
[ the matter is that the person is ALL over me and I don't like it! and Ii think it would be fair to let the person know as hints do not work... [/B]

Seems clear on the face of it, bothers your greatly and requires a firm response!

Have a really good friend for support (in the wings) and confront it head on. Timing/location is absolutely critical. You will have to invest some effort in planning, but it will be worth it.

I wish you the best.

Kshisya
01-11-2004, 15:33
as you already read this post I think it would be fair to delete it from public as it was aimed at you not for everybody. The few ppl who read they will get it right.

Sorry didn't mean to hurt you anyhow.

85StonePolarBear
01-11-2004, 15:36
So be it. No hard feelings; those who really know me have a very different opinion. And frankly, I never considered you a friend - true that we had a very nice exchange once and I appreciated it, but our lives go in different directions. Joking on the Site or when drunk has very little to do with real life. That is the difference between me and some of the others here.

In any case, no hard feelings - enjoy yourself.

Ledka
01-11-2004, 15:36
Originally posted by Kshisya
Ledka it is not a collegue :D (THANKS GOD!) the matter is that the person is ALL over me and I don't like it! and Ii think it would be fair to let the person know as hints do not work...

And what about ignoring? Will it help with this person?

sfjohns67
01-11-2004, 15:38
Kshisya, can my sheep and I be your friend?

Ledka
01-11-2004, 15:39
oj,
rebjata, dawajte zhit druzhno!

Kshisya
01-11-2004, 15:40
Originally posted by 85StonePolarBear
So be it. Enjoy yourself; I still believe this is a misunderstanding, but again, so be it. I will put you on my Ignore list both in the site and in real life.

Thank you. Enjoy yourself too.

sfjohns67 :rolleyes: you can't go without sheep? :rolleyes: :p

sfjohns67
01-11-2004, 15:43
No, I can't go without Kshisya...

Kshisya
01-11-2004, 15:49
sfjohns67 where is ma f**ing movie, Lebowsky??? :cry:

sfjohns67
01-11-2004, 15:53
It's in my f**king briefcase waiting for you, Bunny!

Kshisya
01-11-2004, 15:59
Originally posted by sfjohns67
It's in my f**king briefcase waiting for you, Bunny!

nu and Why????

:D when????????