PDA

View Full Version : Black Rings under the Eyes

DPG
30-10-2004, 01:05
Right, basically whether I'm tired, refreshed, exhausted, feeling full of beans etc etc I always have rings under my eyes that make me look tired/like a heroin addict (ok, perhaps not quite that bad)/someone with flu...

It doesn't matter how much sleep I get they never go away. They certainly haven't always been there, in fact I've only really noticed them in the last 6 months or so...

I don't smoke, never taken drugs, don't drink much, eat quite well...I'm only 25 (and a half!) so it isn't old age!!

Any ideas on how to rid myself of the buggers?!

Haven't tried anything as yet - do slices of cucumber over the eyes actually do anything other than make one look a prat?!

Cocheese
30-10-2004, 03:38
DPG, I saw that you said you eat well, but I've heard that darkness under the eyes is a sign of iron deficiency. It could just be an old wives' tale though...

Smurfette
30-10-2004, 04:30
cucumber slices, it really works!

Sheepy
30-10-2004, 07:42
How about a concealer? ;)

DPG
30-10-2004, 08:32
Originally posted by Sheepy
How about a concealer? :)

I forgot to add - make up is not an option!:)

lucytupper
30-10-2004, 11:16
Take your pick, cos there aint no remedy bud!

FussyFrisky
30-10-2004, 11:17
you are wrong, DPG.

Maybe not a make-up, but there are some very good creams that would help you to get rid of this.

For instance, Estee Lauder cream is really effective ( I saw a result , because my female friend uses it)

Just buy it ( a shop-assistant will think you are buying a present for your g/f anyway) and apply every evening before your go to bed.

DPG
30-10-2004, 11:23
Frisky - That's the kind of stuff I'm looking for (someone else also recommended it by PM)...

Is there an exact product name I should ask for, or will Estee Lauder 'krem dlya kozha' be sufficient??

Thanks!

FussyFrisky
30-10-2004, 11:30
DPG,

I'm going to Arbat Prestige today anyway. I will ask a shop-assistant and let you know name/price via PM later on.

85StonePolarBear
30-10-2004, 11:36
Originally posted by DPG
Frisky - That's the kind of stuff I'm looking for (someone else also recommended it by PM)...

Is there an exact product name I should ask for, or will Estee Lauder 'krem dlya kozha' be sufficient??

Thanks!

These days, there is probably a male equivalent as well - and Arbat Prestige carries a full line of men's cosmetics (Biotherm Homme, Lancome Homme, Clinique and others).

kniga
30-10-2004, 11:57
DPG,

Slap a couple of British bangers on your eyes. Boscoe says they are the best in the world for everything!

DPG
30-10-2004, 12:36
Originally posted by FussyFrisky
DPG, I'm going to Arbat Prestige today anyway. I will ask a shop-assistant and let you know name/price via PM later on.

Much indebted! Thanks!!

Kniga - They are good for everything, but I prefer to cook them!! Have you taken delivery of your sausage.ru ones yet?? What did you think??

Olim
30-10-2004, 13:02
Unfortunately, dark circles are an inherited trait. You can only do so much with creams and concealers. The best advice I can give to minimise dark circles is plenty of sleep and water, but if you have a natural propesnsity to dark circles, there is not a great deal you can do.

kniga
30-10-2004, 14:15
DPG,

Yes, I ordered the standard breakfast bangers and found them to be quite good. They are a little fuller and contain less "sawdust" than original bangers I have eaten, but they are sure to please even the English taste buds. I also ordered the Hot Italian sausages, which I found not to be very hot, but tasty. I will order more and try other variants. Worth the money.

J.D.
30-10-2004, 14:15
So what's the big deal. Yours aren't near as bad as Al Picino and it doesn't seem to have impeded him too much.

FussyFrisky
30-10-2004, 14:37
Hey DPG,

I'm back from Arbat Prestige with bad and good news.

Bad news: Estee Lauder brand is temporary out of stock. They have Clinique , though, (and you must know that Clinique is distributed by Estee Lauder in Russia), but it costs 1249 Rubles.

Good news: I've bought Clinique Bonus Set for 649 Rubles : mascara, rinse-off eye make-up solvent and a cream you want to try.

Here is an offer: I can give it away for FREE , it looks like a sample and will be enough for a week or so. If it doesn't work you won't buy the bigger one.

Mascara and a rinse-off eye make-up solvent I will keep for myself ( presumably you don't need mascara, do you?)

DPG
30-10-2004, 14:52
That would be great - extremely kind of you indeed!

You are right - no need for mascara at all - long dark eyelashes already!!;-)

Have PMed you.

Smurfette
30-10-2004, 16:07
If you're going for clinque then All About Eyes is very very good. Its 20 for 15ml in the UK.

DPG
30-10-2004, 17:06
Originally posted by Smurfette
Its 20 for 15ml in the UK.

Seeing that a bottle of 10 or even 12 year old Single Malt costs approximately that much, I know which one I'd buy if I were faced with the choice!;)

Smurfette
30-10-2004, 17:17
ah but thats cos you're male and there are less social pressures to look good all the flipping time

Maine Surfer
30-10-2004, 18:06
spray some Windex :)

stefania2003
30-10-2004, 19:12
Yes, inherited plus Moscow STress. Only advice is to yes, use concealer if it really bothers you and leave Moscow.

Braders
30-10-2004, 19:28
DPG you on a promise lad ;)

I've always thought the same about areas around my eyes to tell ya the truth, right in the corners they are darker than they are supposed to be (i'm sure) might give some of these creams a whirl.

Ned Kelly
31-10-2004, 16:55
i just looked in the mirror and was confronted with cracked marbles for whites of my eyes. what to do?

Smurfette
31-10-2004, 17:01
optrex

kniga
31-10-2004, 17:06
Ned,

Change your brand of beer. Switch from that cheap Baltica 3 you've been swilling and try "Velvet," which will smooth out your frightening eyes and your mood at the same time.

Ned Kelly
01-11-2004, 14:42
kniga, just knocking the froth off a cold coopers pale ale after an evening working in the garden. no cracked eye-balls in sight today.

kniga
01-11-2004, 18:14
Ned,

You're a lucky lad! I just had a Baltica 3 myself because that's all that was available where I was...

boscoe
01-11-2004, 19:31
DPG then Braders then Ned - is the whole world turning Gay???

:eek:

Braders
01-11-2004, 20:00
Originally posted by boscoe
DPG then Braders then Ned - is the whole world turning Gay???

:eek:

I've got to look my best for.....ehhhh, ME!

I've always had a soft spot for you though Boscoe ;)

DPG
01-11-2004, 20:18
Well Braders, I just met FussyFrisky who very kindly gave me a little pot of something for the eyes - will let you know how it goes mate!!

Boscoe - You too have lovely eyes duckie!!;)

boscoe
01-11-2004, 20:34
eeewwww! I'm never reading this folder again - get me outa here!

Smurfette
01-11-2004, 22:38
oooh forgot to say, circles under the eyes is also a sign of dehydration - make sure you're drinking enough fluid (the non-alcoholic sort, sorry). Water is cheaper than creams, I think...

Sooo tired... :)

FussyFrisky
01-11-2004, 22:47
the truth is that I kindly gave him 2 little pots *of something* ( in fact I had Braders in mind) , but it's obvious he doesn't need even one - no black rings , nothing visible at all.

FAKER!

Kshisya
01-11-2004, 23:07
Originally posted by DPG

Thanks!

DPG this advice is really worth following. When at Estee Lauder you can ask them for "crem dlya glaz & ot sinyakov pod glazami" :)

I used their Good Morning Eyes cream some time ago all I had to do is just to put a lil of creme on eyes in the morning and in 20 mins you have fresh baby look. They don't produce this brand now coz they regularly change collections but definitely have something similar so Estee Lauder does work :)

hope that Frisky's stuff will help you out :)

Smurfette
01-11-2004, 23:10
Lol, Kshisya - I'm not sure he needs anymore help to pamper himself!
As much as I approve of men being well groomed, when they start swiping your cosmetics it's gone too far!

DPG
02-11-2004, 14:10
Well, I started the treatment last night.

I wasn't sure whether the stuff was supposed to be mixed with liquid or taken with food so I mixed half of it with my orange juice and put half on some toast instead of Marmite...

...still got the rings this morning (although it's terribly kind of Frisky to say that she couldn't see them!)!!;)

FussyFrisky
02-11-2004, 15:31
Originally posted by DPG
I wasn't sure whether the stuff was supposed to be mixed with liquid or taken with food so I mixed half of it with my orange juice and put half on some toast instead of Marmite...

I worry for you kid.

don't mix it with jelly ok?

DPG
02-11-2004, 16:02
Kid hey!?

I guess that means that the other pot of Johnson and Johnson whatever it was that I found in the bathroom and then rubbed liberally over my face before meeting you must have had the desired effect!!

You have to admit, I don't look bad for a 67 year old!!

[Footnote - I actually do have 3 packs of jelly at the flat!!]

FussyFrisky
02-11-2004, 16:20
Originally posted by DPG

[Footnote - I actually do have 3 packs of jelly at the flat!!]

blackcurrent jelly, mint jelly or keywai jelly?

Warnings: Keep it out of eyes and ears.

DPG
02-11-2004, 16:35
Orange, Strawberry and Raspberry I think...soon to be mixed with vodka and allowed to set...

I think you mean Kiwi above?

FussyFrisky
02-11-2004, 16:50
sure thing kiddo, I couldn't tell a difference between ky and kiwi anyway.

DPG
02-11-2004, 16:59
I was being sarcastic...missed the emoticon, sorry!

I hope you can tell the difference otherwise, you are in for an experience that probably doesn't bear thinking about!!

FussyFrisky
02-11-2004, 17:07
:)

FussyFrisky
03-11-2004, 09:21
Just to tail this thread, an info for those who are still interested : a list of the most advanced eye creams

1.L'Elixir Des Glaciers Vos Yeux ,Valmont - 7050 Rubles

2.Age Expert Yeux ,Yves Saint Laurent- 1939 Rubles

3.Repairwear Intensive Eye Cream,Clinique - 1431 Rubles

4.Seeing is Believing, Oriflame -300 Rubles

DPG
03-11-2004, 14:16
Just to tail your tail, I have a question that stems from being a guy who knows nothing about this cosmetic stuff:

HOW ON EARTH CAN SOMEONE THINK ABOUT SPENDING $243 ON A POT OF CREAM?????????

Thank you!;)

FussyFrisky
03-11-2004, 14:57
I actually gave a wide range of prices : from 7050 to 300 rubles .

some women will be starving for months in order to buy this expensive stuff. I would not ( just in case you are interested to know my opinion).

above all, there are some people ( do we like it or not, do we accept it or not) who never look at price tags. They buy what they like regardless of the price.

Don't crucify me, it's not my fault.

DPG
03-11-2004, 15:07
I know (definitely wasn't having a go at you!)...in fact that leads me to my next question:

Why is one brand of this stuff $10 and another $243?? IS it simply the 'prestige' of saying to one's pafosniy friends that 'I bought X and it cost $x' or it is genuinly better??

I can believe what you say about women starving in order to buy this kind of stuff, pretty sad I reckon...

veejay
03-11-2004, 15:56
Re: why are some products more expensive than others, check out the latest issue of Vogue (RF)...they have a detailed explanation for this...:-)

DPG -- if the cream you got doesn't suit your needs, try a product from Origins called Eye Doctor for dark circles under the eyes...works great, lasts a very long time, and not overly pricey. Only problem is that you have to got the UK to buy it...:(