PDA

View Full Version : Temp Residency and Work Permit-I can recommend

Firefox
20-05-2009, 10:26
After long search for right way to go about TRP process -I have finally made my application for Temporary Residency (through an agency)
It has been a painless process and hope to complete all formalities this summer.
Let me know if somebody who needs agency details

SV1973a
20-05-2009, 10:54
Hi Firefox,
I have done the whole TRP-process all by myself.
Perhaps you can share with us, exactly what your experiences are. I mean; what did you have to do yourself (medical tests, what documents to collect,...) and where did you have to go too (and how many times, how long to wait,...) ?
Then also, how much did this cost ?
From my side, I can explain about my experiences with the `do-it-yourself` way.
This may be very useful information for fellow forum members who are also considering to apply for the TRP. Some people advise to go through an agency, while others advise to do all by yourself. I do not know which one is best, but if you and I inform about our experiences, people may have a basis to make a comparison.

Firefox
20-05-2009, 12:42
I am very much aware that the process of TRP - though very tedious can be handled by ones self.
However I had limitations in my lack of Russian language, knowledge of Moscow,and importantly lack of time in my business.
I had decided to use an agency to help me through the process.

As I have No Russian wife or Russian roots and have been in Moscow just over 2 years- I was informed that a quota will need to be purchased for me- which I understand is expensive.

I have agreed to pay over usd10K for this process in stages. Apart from getting my Police certificate appostiled from UK and spending a day (all Fast Track -no queue) at state clinics (in the agency car with translator) for blood/skin/XRay etc tests) I have not had anything else to do.I have not even had to Notarise my docs here in Moscow. All done for me.

SV1973a
20-05-2009, 15:27
Wow, that is impressive for two reasons :
1. you must be about the first non-CIS national (without Russian wife or Russian background) that applied for TRP
2. 10k that is a an awful lot of money for TRP
But indeed it looks like it was a relatively fast way to get things done.
Did not you have to show up at the FMS in person ?
I will write about my experiences in a later post.

Bels
20-05-2009, 18:20
I am very much aware that the process of TRP - though very tedious can be handled by ones self.
However I had limitations in my lack of Russian language, knowledge of Moscow,and importantly lack of time in my business.
I had decided to use an agency to help me through the process.

As I have No Russian wife or Russian roots and have been in Moscow just over 2 years- I was informed that a quota will need to be purchased for me- which I understand is expensive.

I have agreed to pay over usd10K for this process in stages. Apart from getting my Police certificate appostiled from UK and spending a day (all Fast Track -no queue) at state clinics (in the agency car with translator) for blood/skin/XRay etc tests) I have not had anything else to do.I have not even had to Notarise my docs here in Moscow. All done for me.

Is it guaranteed that you will get the quota? And that you will have a successful application? Is it really worth all that mmoney for you to get a TRP. Let us not forget that you will have to do it all again within a year for PRP. I can only hope that you are not being ripped off. It's a lot of money for such a risk, and for what??

Perhaps you are making a mint here, of which you can't achieve in the UK, which would be a very unusual situation. Please tell us your secret of what is special in Mocow, that is not available in your comparatively richer home country.

Firefox
20-05-2009, 19:06
My friends there is no secret- I am a consultant in and eventually intend to settle in moscow.(work permits nowadays are messy and not cheap)
I made application for TRP in February and almost there = On the long run it will be money well spent.

there is no question of me losing my money as agency is owned by people from UK and very transparent.