PDA

View Full Version : New Passport, Visa in Old Passport...

kallemo
18-05-2009, 10:15
Dear All!

I am a bit worried. I have recently got a new Passport from the Swedish embassy in Moscow. At the same time, the old passport was obliterated (holes were stamped into it...). I am now in Moscow on a 3 months business visa.

The problem is that the business Visa is in the old passport (which is not 'valid' anymore). I will return to Sweden on 21st of May, the last day of the 3-months Visa.

Can I expect any problems when trying to leave the country, like, that they claim that my Visa is not valid since it is associated with the old passport?

Do I have to transfer the Visa to the new passport before I leave Russia?

Thanks in advance!
Karl

fco1922
26-05-2009, 01:11
You should contact the Federal Migration Service and have them issue a visa/exit permit in your new passport.

electrokitchen
26-05-2009, 11:00
Dear All!

I am a bit worried. I have recently got a new Passport from the Swedish embassy in Moscow. At the same time, the old passport was obliterated (holes were stamped into it...). I am now in Moscow on a 3 months business visa.

The problem is that the business Visa is in the old passport (which is not 'valid' anymore). I will return to Sweden on 21st of May, the last day of the 3-months Visa.

Can I expect any problems when trying to leave the country, like, that they claim that my Visa is not valid since it is associated with the old passport?

Do I have to transfer the Visa to the new passport before I leave Russia?

Thanks in advance!
Karl

Yes you have to transfer the visa into the new passport. I did that, I was told to. This is almost the only country in the world that doesn't accept old valid visas in old passports.

Judge
26-05-2009, 14:10
The above two posters are right.A mate was in the same situation and didn't transfer the visa,the guys at the border didn't let him leave Russia.