PDA

View Full Version : Hello everybody :)

Kliopa
12-05-2009, 17:45
I'm a russian 22-years-old student in Moscow State Linguistic University.
I'm looking for english-speaking people here. I love art: different kinds of music: :piano: and :1306:
painting:
:11109:
movies:
:tv:
and theatre:
:applause:

I need speaking practice badly and would like to meet everybody who can help me with it :uk::)

Kliopa.

robertmf
12-05-2009, 17:54
I'm a russian 22-years-old student in Moscow State Linguistic University.
I'm looking for english-speaking people here. I love art: different kinds of music: :piano: and :1306:
painting:
:11109:
movies:
:tv:
and theatre:
:applause:

I need speaking practice badly and would like to meet everybody who can help me with it :uk::)

Kliopa.

Welcome Алло и Привет !! You have come to the correct place. exPats.ru Members are very good at both Russian and American dialect English. exPats.ru has events like the monthly book swap (Korkelia/Leyla) where you can meet with exPats and the like ... also sports events at bars ... after 3 drinks you will be fluent in English !!-PP In addition to being "artistic", do you shoot pool http://www.expat.ru/forum/sports/132498-where-study-playing-pool.html

Beware of the :uk: POMs like **Carbo**. They will give you the wrong accent :Loco:

Are you cute ? Watch out for **Mud** and **Willy** (although Willy may be :inlove: just now). :goblin:

Mud
12-05-2009, 22:06
Hello Kliopa and welcome to the Expat.ru forums!

You may find most of the gatherings referred to by Robertmf (except the pool group which Robertmf included in his post) on the Local Events forum:

Local Events - The Moscow Expat Forums (http://www.expat.ru/forum/local-events/)

Just show up and say 'hi'. Do try to avoid me per Robertmf's warning. I have a terrible case of "contagious male pattern, I'm old enough to be your father, baldness" :goldy: and I don't want you to catch it.

I do hope that you meet a lot of nice expats and Russians alike to practice your English and have fun!

All the best!
Mud :thumbsup:

Kliopa
14-05-2009, 17:12
Hi, robertmf!
Thanks for yor advices:) I guess after 3 drinks I'll speak even in Chinese!! :idea:Yes, I'm cute that's why Mud should be beware of me:boxing:

Kliopa
14-05-2009, 17:29
Hi, Mud!
I haven't caught whether you want me to avoid you or not? I have a lot of friends older than me by half and I often tell them: "I don't care how old you are, I always have my own way!":soccer:

Mud
15-05-2009, 13:08
Hi, Mud!
I haven't caught whether you want me to avoid you or not? I have a lot of friends older than me by half and I often tell them: "I don't care how old you are, I always have my own way!":soccer:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Of course you don't need to avoid me. I am quite harmless.

I was just joking to play along with Robertmf's post. He teases me by saying strange and unpredictable things about me and I sometimes respond. He cannot help himself ~~~ he's from Philadelphia! He just doesn't know any better! Let's just agree to overlook his inane comments.

Anyway, you are certainly more than welcome to join in any of the fun already mentioned (even if you happen to note that I too may attend).

cheflgf
15-05-2009, 13:30
hi there im new to moscow and im an english native would love to chat and learn new thing PM me.my name is lawrence

Mud
15-05-2009, 13:59
hi there im new to moscow and im an english native would love to chat and learn new thing PM me.my name is lawrence
Hi cheflgf and welcome to the Expat.ru forums!

I hope that you enjoy the site, make lots of friends and find good information.

All the best!
Mud :verycool:

Kliopa
15-05-2009, 14:07
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Of course you don't need to avoid me. I am quite harmless.

I was just joking to play along with Robertmf's post. He teases me by saying strange and unpredictable things about me and I sometimes respond. He cannot help himself ~~~ he's from Philadelphia! He just doesn't know any better! Let's just agree to overlook his inane comments.

Anyway, you are certainly more than welcome to join in any of the fun already mentioned (even if you happen to note that I too may attend).

I guess you are good friends with Robertmf:beerbros: That's nice. And where are you from?

Kliopa
15-05-2009, 14:11

Hi, cheflgf!
I'm here to practise my English. You are an english native.
Well, you'll have to speak to me!:neiner:

Mud
15-05-2009, 14:21
:shhhhhh:
I guess you are good friends with Robertmf:beerbros: That's nice. And where are you from?
I've actually never met him. Once I learned that he is from Philly, I have stayed away ~~~ he he he~~~!! We just joke around on this site from time to time.

Where am I from?

Here and there, ~~~ ANYWHERE but Philadelphia! :10241:

OuterSpace
15-05-2009, 15:00
I've actually never met him. Once I learned that he is from Philly, I have stayed away ~~~ he he he~~~!! We just joke around on this site from time to time.

Where am I from?

Whats wrong with Philly ? Mud :)
i have 2 American colleagues from Philly and they are cool and nice people ...

Mud
15-05-2009, 15:09
Whats wrong with Philly ? Mud :)
i have 2 American colleagues from Philly and they are cool and nice people ...
I am sure that your colleagues are just fine except for one thing ~~~ they're from Philly~~ he he he!! ;)

jimm1909
16-05-2009, 08:35
welcome!

Kliopa
18-05-2009, 23:00

Where am I from?

Honestly, I like travelling very much but now I know that I can travel all over the world but the only place I shouldn't visit is Philadelphia! :mooooh:Thank a lo..

Well :545:...well I think you shouldn't have told me that...
Now I just feel obliged to visit Philadelphia!! I'm dying of desire to see this city!!:Loco:

Bobby D
19-05-2009, 00:58
Ah Mud, my dear chap. As you know there are only a few of us quintessential English gents in Moscow. Surely the right accent to have...haha

Margo
19-05-2009, 01:02
which accent do you want to introduce?