PDA

View Full Version : new to Moscow - good Evangelical church 4 expats?

JJBerk
11-05-2009, 21:05
Hey!
I am new to Moscow, and looking for a solid (and active/fun) evangelical church. Any suggestions? I would strongly prefer a church/function aimed at other young expat professionals. Thank you and God bless
JJ

rusmeister
11-05-2009, 23:36
The Orthodox Church is evangelical, but I imagine not in the sense that you mean.
Still, you're jolly well welcome at my church, if you ever want to check it out (Moscow region) and I know of one that friends attend in Moscow...

MickeyTong
12-05-2009, 00:44
The Orthodox Church is evangelical....

Really? My door has been knocked on by Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons, the Salvation Army has tapped me for spare change in the pub and Hare Krishna folk have tried to sell me books.......but I've never been proselytised by a Russian Orthodox evangelical. Are there any in Scotland?

ultimotattie
12-05-2009, 01:23
Really? My door has been knocked on by Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons, the Salvation Army has tapped me for spare change in the pub and Hare Krishna folk have tried to sell me books.......but I've never been proselytised by a Russian Orthodox evangelical. Are there any in Scotland?

There's a buddhist monastery spiritual retreat thing in Scotland, but no Orthodox evangelists that i've seen...

MickeyTong
12-05-2009, 03:53
There's a buddhist monastery spiritual retreat thing in Scotland...
Samye Ling, Eskdalemuir :12115:

rusmeister
12-05-2009, 07:52

You're assuming that western Protestant proselytism (door-to-door knocking and tracts, for example) is the same thing as evangelizing. If you read the Scriptures you'll notice that the Apostles preached in places where people went to seek the truth (synagogues, Mar's Hill, etc.) Philip ran across a eunuch who was specifically looking. You don't find them seeking out and collaring people who don't want to hear it. A person who isn't looking wouldn't listen, even if God sent back someone from the dead to tell them the truth.

Here's one place...
The Orthodox Community of St. Andrew - Welcome (http://www.edinburgh-orthodox.org.uk/history.html)

Jean08
13-05-2009, 02:34
Hello brother.... My name is Jean. i would recommend U to go for International christian Assembly(ICA) its a active & fun filled christian fellowship gathering whr U can meet people from all around the world..... Evry sunday thr will be service held near metro "cherkizovskaya". I certainly Hope its the place for U.... If U need ne help plz mesg me, ill let U know evrythng....

Hey!
I am new to Moscow, and looking for a solid (and active/fun) evangelical church. Any suggestions? I would strongly prefer a church/function aimed at other young expat professionals. Thank you and God bless
JJ

Mud
14-05-2009, 16:45
:wavey:Hello JJ Berk and welcome to Moscow and the Expat.ru forums!

You may be interested in the International Christian Fellowship (ICF):

http://www.icfmoscow.org/

Please note that this is NOT the International Christian Assembly (ICA), (which is, I believe, part of the Assemblies of God USA), mentioned in Jean08's post.

The website will tell you most things which you may want to know. I find it to be a theologically strong, bible-teaching, grace-oriented, active community. It is NOT "charismatic" in the sense of an emphasis on 'speaking in tongues', etc... It does have a good mix of young professionals, expats and Russians, kids and seniors. The services are in English, (with Russian translation available for those who need/want this through head-sets). The church meets just off of Novy Arbat near Metro Arbatskaya, (directions are on the site).

If you have any interest then you may Private Message (PM) me through this site or just show up.

All the best!
Mud