PDA

View Full Version : married with Russian, how long TRP, and what about dependent from previous married

kimkiti
11-05-2009, 19:32
I'm going to get married with Russian lady next week, and will start the process of TRP as soon as received the Marriage Cert.

I've one child from previous marriage, and he is 16 years old. Now he is living in Singapore. I'm planning to bring him to Russia for attending BIS high school this coming next school year 2009-2010.

My questions are:

1. Can I also apply TRP for my son at the same time with my application?
2. How long does it take to get the TRP approved for my case with married Russian?
3. The school will start in August. Supposed during this period between May - August, the TRP still not yet approve, what kind of visa I should apply for my son to come. By the way, I have currently Business One Year Multiple Visa, Not Work Visa.

Waiting for some suggestion with much thanks.

Kim

Bels
12-05-2009, 13:09
I'm going to get married with Russian lady next week, and will start the process of TRP as soon as received the Marriage Cert.

I've one child from previous marriage, and he is 16 years old. Now he is living in Singapore. I'm planning to bring him to Russia for attending BIS high school this coming next school year 2009-2010.

My questions are:

1. Can I also apply TRP for my son at the same time with my application?
2. How long does it take to get the TRP approved for my case with married Russian?
3. The school will start in August. Supposed during this period between May - August, the TRP still not yet approve, what kind of visa I should apply for my son to come. By the way, I have currently Business One Year Multiple Visa, Not Work Visa.

Waiting for some suggestion with much thanks.

Kim

Some difficult questions here of which I haven't experienced, as I didn't have non Russian children who wanted to enter Russia.

But I would suggest that whilst you are waiting on the acceptance of your TRP, your son would come to Russia as a minor under your business. Alternatively arrive on a personal invitation visa, arranged by your wife. Another option would be to contact the school that he is going to study in, and ask them for an invitation.

I would assume that TRP application for yourself would include mention of your son.

TRP can take as long as 7 months to get an answer, and while it's in process you and your family are going to find your time together difficult.

First of all I suggest you try and get yourself a good work contract, and contact contact your local FSO office with your wife as soon as possible for advice.

Bels
12-05-2009, 21:02
What!! No responses!!! There must be others with children outside Russia who have applied for TRP, and we need your response. I can advise of what I have stated. If anyone who has had more experience, then please disagree with me.

kapione
13-05-2009, 09:01
why not give accurate + helpful info for that person , instead of giving doom+gloom ? stop dropping the ball, give the complete process
I know you went through it ,I know in my case ,you never told me the easiest way to go through this process.

I know when I offer information I know , I have gone through it myself, then tell people to PM me if they have anymore questions

When are any other people here on EXPAT going to take my lead ?
seems with every new day people are just out for themselves

I thought EXPAT was for helping Expats in a very different world than ours

nyinrussia
13-05-2009, 14:25
As I have stated in similliar threads they do not issue trp to children even in my case where my russian husband is their father. Hence they have had to get russian citzenship. I found this out the hard way.

Okay let me correct that statement they will issue but you are not subject to the quota because of your marriage, but your child will be which makes it more difficult. Either way there would be no way (highly doubtful) of getting him a TRP by August. My suggestion would be to try a student visa and contact the british school you plan for him to attend maybe they can assist in the process.

Bels
13-05-2009, 22:04
why not give accurate + helpful info for that person , instead of giving doom+gloom ? stop dropping the ball, give the complete process
I know you went through it ,I know in my case ,you never told me the easiest way to go through this process.

I know when I offer information I know , I have gone through it myself, then tell people to PM me if they have anymore questions

When are any other people here on EXPAT going to take my lead ?
seems with every new day people are just out for themselves

I thought EXPAT was for helping Expats in a very different world than ours

I get lots of PM,s. And I do help when it's personal and shouldn't be made public. However in most cases this site is designed to help and I really do believe in helping large groups of expats at the same time with information.

I really do believe assistance is here, and not on the PM. Do you honestly want to deal with personal common questions on PM? Because it does get very boring after a while. Especially when you realise that what advice you have given could have been useful to many others at the same time.

I'm sorry, but I am tired of PMs unless it is very personal and not useful to other expats as a group.

If you have something of value to give, please give to all Expats and all potential Expats.

Bels
13-05-2009, 22:23
As I stated of which many question before doing the right thing. You should go with your spouse as soon as possible to your lacal FSO and get your application as soon as possible. Because it may well be slow.

First thingis to get your documents together. Your marriage documents of course. Your children's birth certificates legalised. Your police police check is a first as it takes time. Where are you from? UK or USA? Laws and contacts are different. But whatever you must get your police check and then get it legalised. This is work you must do before you even start your application. It helps to state your nationality when asking questions here.

kimkiti
14-05-2009, 21:03
Hi and thanks for everyone. Sorry for absent, I was out of the country.

Every reply and comments are useful and very much appreciated. After all, we're all expats, let's smile.

Under my circumstances, I think I will do as follows:- (By the way, I managed to have two passports).

First passport: I will use to apply for TRP after I got the marriage certificate which will be next Monday. All necessary documents like criminal checking is under way and should get all documents, medical checking ready for submitting TRP beginning of June.

Second passport: I will use to apply for Multiple One Year Business Visa, starting from 01-Aug, and will apply for my son under this visa. Then, he will have visa to come and attend school in August. But big big doubt is that, under this visa, one must not stay in the country more than 180 days per year. Should I let me son go to neighbor country (visa run) and come back with new date of immigration card? Or What is the correct way for dependent under this kind of visa. Sounds very stupid for me, but can not think of any better solution.

Do you mean that despite of I received TRP in the future, I still can not apply automatically for my son whom is under 18 years old??? Anyone knows about this???????

Again, thank you and very much hope that my case will also be useful knowledge for others.

Thanks and best regards,
Kim

SV1973a
15-05-2009, 02:35
Hi Kimkiti,
I too have two passports.
However, the one passport with your visa, that is the one they are going to place the TRP in !!!
Kind regards,
Stefan