View Full Version : No student visa support from AAS????

08-05-2009, 07:38
Dear all,

I want my son to attend at AAS next school year, he is now in Korea. Was informed that AAS doesn't provide student visa support for their students, was it correct? I've been working/living in and out Russia by using BUSINESS ONE YEAR MULITPLE VISA, never got Work visa. And I supposed that under this visa, I'm not allowed or add dependent in this kind of visa.

However, since AAS doesn't provide student visa support for their students..........how and what kind of visa my son must get in order to come and study and live for a few years here at AAS.

Need help please.

Best Regards,

21-05-2009, 23:45
If you are really going to live here next year, that is for the whole school year (which I assume you will do if your son is attending school here), you will not be able to manage with the visa you have been using. Russia has tightened up on these, now it is only valid for 6 out of every 12 months - see the visa forum for more details. So you will have to get yourself a proper work visa or something like that, and that should enable you to bring your son as well.
PM if you have more questions, and I will try to explain better.

26-05-2009, 00:58
Unfortunately, there is no way you will be able to reside in Russia, and your child attend AAS, on a multiple-entry business visa. This is technically illegal in any case and as other people have noted, the Border agents will keep track of the number of days you are in country and you will not be allowed to stay more than 90 days out of 180.

Your only option is to obtain a work permit (through your employer). Once you obtain this, you child will be issued with the necessary visa.

AAS will not allow your child to enrol unless you already have a visa that permits him/her to RESIDE in Russia. I would also strongly advise you not to attempt to circumvent immigration controls as it could land you, and your child, in a very difficult situation.

26-05-2009, 14:03
I agree with all the above posts and to put it in a nutshell get yourself an expat work contract.

There is residency, but that's another story unless you are married to a Russian.

26-05-2009, 14:06
Another problem is that not all who apply to enroll to get into AAS get in. There is a waiting list, and British and North American government employees get first option.