PDA

View Full Version : Banks

funkalicious
06-05-2009, 15:20
Hi,

There are a lot of banks here in Moscow and I would like to know which one would be the best for someone who will be using it primarily to save money and some sort of debit card would be nice as well.

Thanks!

GaNozri
06-05-2009, 15:51
Don't use City. Raiffaisen is OK

FatAndy
06-05-2009, 17:45
I agree, Raiffeisen is good enough.
I use Sberbank ( Savings bank, http://www.sbrf.ru/en/ ), it's semi-state, so stable but not very fast sometimes...

tukiva
07-05-2009, 10:51
Don't use City. Raiffaisen is OK

why CITI bank is not good? I would be happy to get your advice, not that i m opening account there but i m wanting to get their credit card and would appreciate any information:10168:

GaNozri
07-05-2009, 16:32
why CITI bank is not good? I would be happy to get your advice, not that i m opening account there but i m wanting to get their credit card and would appreciate any information:10168:

Service sucks. They call it Sh*tty Bank on the streets. Your better off at Sber or even VTB24. I used to bank at VTB24, but the constant lines and subprofessional staff made me move to a small boutique bank, which my friend owns.

tukiva
07-05-2009, 18:45
Service sucks. They call it Sh*tty Bank on the streets. Your better off at Sber or even VTB24. I used to bank at VTB24, but the constant lines and subprofessional staff made me move to a small boutique bank, which my friend owns.

oh,will your friend give me a credit?:nut:

GaNozri
07-05-2009, 19:00
oh,will your friend give me a credit?:nut:

You would be crazy to get credit from a small Russian bank. Most of them are Private banks catering to wealthy clients, or outright pomoykas. He gives auto credit at 22%, I would imagine consumer credit to be in the 30's.

funkalicious
08-05-2009, 10:28
Hi, thanks for your help. I went to Raiffeisen Bank and the told me I need to get my passport translated and Notarized is that right?

NMB
23-05-2009, 16:02
I have an account with VTB24. I have a debut card and do all Banking via Internet Site which works OK but is not very user friendly. I have a Rb, Euro and Sterling account and can move money easily to other overseas Banks. I do not and will not use it as my major Bank for savings.

I do not remember if passport needed translating, but this is not an un-common request for several activities i.e Work Permit and is something easy to arrange so seems OK to me.

Good luck,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ledka
23-05-2009, 16:44
I use Unicredit Bank. They have many ATMs and offices around Moscow, the service is ok. Especially I like their on-line banking, through which I can pay many bills (telephone, flat, taxes, fines, etc.).

Benedikt
23-05-2009, 23:10
..not in Russia, but in other places where i was and Raiffeisen was there... maybe i get different treatment,:o
no passport translation, no minimum fee, nothing, fair enough that some 8 or 9 years ago when the bank was new in russia and not incorporated, but a foreign bank, meaning austrian laws did apply.

but nevertheless, i think fro mall the banks around there, they are the best, most friendly service, staff speak english and russian, but most of all, i do a lot of banking via internet, if there is a problem, the 'raiffeisen team' is always quickly there to help.

dgrout2
24-05-2009, 07:32
Unicredit will issue credit and debit cards quickly and with minimal paperwork. I have a car loan with them, also dollar and ruble accounts. I don't have any experience with Raffaisen or Citi, but Citi makes me angry because there is no connection with my Citibank account in the US except for the logo.

Jasonspear
29-07-2009, 07:22
MY Finacee is opening a bank account in her name until I can get all my paperwork together, then I will be adding on when I arrive in moscow. I will be sending her money from the USA (american Dollars) for us to save so when I arrive and we get married. we will have a little nest egg. We are wondering What kind of currency would be best for our account? Euros, American Dollar or Rubles! Which would be the best to have and What advice if any for two people starting out in Moscow together do you have? Thank you for your assistance and Help. Jason