PDA

View Full Version : Overview of Internet providers in Moscow.

vovik01
30-04-2009, 19:57
Overview of Internet providers in Moscow.(some of them).
One month I used in Moscow "Starnet" Internet provider. Hard to connect router (2 or more computers) with this provider. VOIP phone working, but not good.(Price about 450 rub/month)

Next month I switch to Cobrina. Good! Nothing bad to say.(about 450 rub/m)

This month I change apartment. New provider again. Akado... Worth provider in Moscow!!! Bad customer service, bad stability of speed. Hidden charges! VOIP NOT working!!! To make it work, you MUST call him and get "outside" IP address.(300 rub to get it and 90 rub monthly for this IP). Practically this is NOT Internet. Akado local net ! Test speed to Akado local server good, but to New York(for example ) so poor ! (bad ping and slow speed). VOIP works(after you pay for IP) Advertising falsely !!! Sales gimmicks!!! (Price about 2000 rub/m.)

Also for month I use Yota (WiMax) Works GOOD! You don't need cable or installation. Just get USB device (modem) for Yota and you good to go. (4500 rub). Service FREE and unlimited. (before 1 June). VOIP works good.

andrich
30-04-2009, 21:20
Im using Akado and it seems to work fine. I can use skype without any problems to call family in Canada, and downloads seem to go pretty quickly.
I'm only paying 790 a month.

As for the customer service, I had a nice and long, but very pleasent call to their tech support when there were problems with my connectivity. They sorted me out and I was off!

vovik01
30-04-2009, 21:30
Im using Akado and it seems to work fine. I can use skype without any problems to call family in Canada, and downloads seem to go pretty quickly.
I'm only paying 790 a month.

As for the customer service, I had a nice and long, but very pleasent call to their tech support when there were problems with my connectivity. They sorted me out and I was off!
OK:-)
But for Skype you need computer. For VOIP you need WiFi VOIP phone:-)
Only 790 ? :-))))) 450 looks better:-)