PDA

View Full Version : What's your sign?



Kingwillhe
20-10-2004, 00:10
Mine: Pisces
Idealistic, thoughtful, imaginative…rich interior life, intuitive, emotional and kind, optimistic, positive, sympathetic to other peoples feelings, prone to emotional instability, strong 6th sense, able to be serious and profound, multiple talents.

Notwithstanding grand ideas should demonstrate patience and listen to surrounding people.

Strong cravings for malt liqueur and 8 balls...no wait!

Ah sweet Jesus, yes, the reason?

Do you agree with your sign or should you seek reassignment? Simple question really. I’ve always been comfortable with my place in the Cosmos…are you?

Braders
20-10-2004, 07:14
It's me too a T..

Good points.

Modest and shy - too a degree, Yes
Meticulous and reliable - Absolutely Me!
Practical and diligent - Yes
Intelligent and analytical - I have my moments.

Bad Points

Fussy and a worrier - i don't like to take unnecessary risks.
Overcritical and harsh - Overcritical, Yes, Harsh, no way.
Perfectionist and conservative - Both, sometimes it worries me.

A Virgo!

Sadie
20-10-2004, 08:53
Positive points
Incredible amount of zest and energy - :agree:
You use this energy to help other people to reach their goals mainly because you love a challenge and think that you do things better than the others – but of course i do ! :p
A natural leader but not always chase the career ladder.
Very honest, very much of galant knight of old which extends to your manners and moral standing – simply the best in a word
Creativity, self-assertion and aim for high personal goals :hooray:

Negative points
Absent as such.
Well :eh:, maybe unwarranted modesty :rolleyes:

85StonePolarBear
20-10-2004, 09:20
Originally posted by Sadie

[B]Negative points
Absent as such.


Actually, the only negative point I can accuse you of having is that you believe in astrology (and drinking apple juice with olive oil) :p

As for me, I have no idea what my sign (Taurus) signifies, nor do I care. What is the origin of astrology anyway? How far back does it go? Ancient Rome?

Kingwillhe
20-10-2004, 09:31
As for me, I have no idea what my sign (Taurus) signifies, nor do I care. What is the origin of astrology anyway? How far back does it go? Ancient Rome? [/B][/QUOTE]

Now now Bear man...if you're going to stand in my sandbox you have to play!!!:)

85StonePolarBear
20-10-2004, 09:32
Originally posted by Kingwillhe
Now now Bear man...if you're going to stand in my sandbox you have to play!!!:)

I am playing - I voted option "3"!

Kingwillhe
20-10-2004, 09:33
Well, ok.
Didn't think anyone would actually choose Economics over Astrology....

85StonePolarBear
20-10-2004, 10:00
Originally posted by Kingwillhe
Well, ok.
Didn't think anyone would actually choose Economics over Astrology....

I must say it looks like I am a minority of one - but such was always the case with those who speak the truth - Galileo comes to mind!

FussyFrisky
20-10-2004, 10:10
it speaks volumes :p

sparky
20-10-2004, 10:20
Do people really think that the whole of the world’s population falls into twelve neat descriptions, and what they read in the paper actually applies to 1/12th of everybody?

Have voted “Don't recognize Astrology, only Economics” but would prefer just “Don't recognize Astrology”

lucytupper
20-10-2004, 10:22
Originally posted by Sadie



Negative points
Absent as such.
Well :eh:, maybe unwarranted modesty :rolleyes:


Definition of Aries : ME FIRST!

lucytupper
20-10-2004, 10:26
Originally posted by Kingwillhe
Mine: Pisces
Idealistic, thoughtful, imaginative…rich interior life, intuitive, emotional and kind, optimistic, positive, sympathetic to other peoples feelings, prone to emotional instability, strong 6th sense, able to be serious and profound, multiple talents.

Notwithstanding grand ideas should demonstrate patience and listen to surrounding people.

Strong cravings for malt liqueur and 8 balls...no wait!

Ah sweet Jesus, yes, the reason?

Do you agree with your sign or should you seek reassignment? Simple question really. I’ve always been comfortable with my place in the Cosmos…are you?



I am PISCES too, but there are many different fish in the sea!

pengwn9
20-10-2004, 10:34
Here's mine

Sadie
20-10-2004, 10:42
Originally posted by lucytupper
Definition of Aries : ME FIRST!
no, we would politely let the fish first, and if it survives we'll catch and frie the nasty fish for trying to be rude :p

Idiot Amin
20-10-2004, 10:48
Originally posted by Sadie
no, we would politely let the fish first, and if it survives we'll catch and frie the nasty fish for trying to be rude :p

TRYING to be rude? Actually, he is quite successful, which is why he swims in the murky, PCB laden waters of my Ignore list (until someone quotes him ;)) And what would you do with such a small, bony, misshapen, deformed excuse for a minnow anyway? Not enough edible meat there even to feed a tiny kitten.

Kseniya
20-10-2004, 10:49
Sadie!!!!!!!

I am also Aries! how I love this sign. my boss Natalia is also Aries...:agree: I am a very enegretic and emotional person.....Sometimes it even puts a crimp in my life... But anyway...we are good :p

Sadie
20-10-2004, 11:24
Somebody tell something good about Gemini please..
All of a sudden at least three most important members of my family turned out to be Gemini.. Ambush.. How to live with it :confused: ;)

peyote
20-10-2004, 11:31
Originally posted by Sadie
Somebody tell something good about Gemini please..
my two best friends back home IS gemini :D

and naturally that would be a typical virgo comment. we da best!
:D

FussyFrisky
20-10-2004, 11:43
Originally posted by Sadie
Somebody tell something good about Gemini please..
All of a sudden at least three most important members of my family turned out to be Gemini.. Ambush.. How to live with it :confused: ;)

Sadie,

Twins are absolutely adorable. I can't remember one negative thing about them (my Mom is Gemini)

They are curious, cerebral, communicative, often gifted with various talents. Very entertaining as well.

peyote
20-10-2004, 11:56
Originally posted by Sadie
Somebody tell something good about Gemini please..
best girl on this forum is gemini... ;)
where the hell is she?

kak
20-10-2004, 12:03
I'm Libra
http://www.astrology-online.com/libra.htm
and I'm a Dragon (chinese sign)
surely a great mix! ;)

Sunstorm
20-10-2004, 12:34
I am Libran, but I noticed, that with ages I maybe started to acquire some of the Scorpio traits... ;)

polly
20-10-2004, 12:38
more "in-depth" astrology determines personality traits based on much more than a person's sun sign, which are what were previously referred to as "the 12 neat categories."
there is also your moon sign and your rising sign.
and all those planets and lots of "houses."
check out www.astrocenter.com for a free horoscope with your sun, moon and rising signs (you have to know the time of your birth)

i'm a capricorn, moon in scorpio and aries rising

Kseniya
20-10-2004, 12:42
Originally posted by Sunstorm
I am Libran, but I noticed, that with ages I maybe started to acquire some of the Scorpio traits... ;)

Every person has his second Zodiac sign (àññåíäåíò ïî-ðóññêè). you may find it only when an astrologer will make your personal map (for that you have to know your place of birth and precise time of birth). Actually it is possible to find out at some websites as well (I think).

My 2nd sign is Libra and like you I started to acquire to it...:p

kak
20-10-2004, 12:44
Originally posted by polly
more "in-depth" astrology determines personality traits based on much more than a person's sun sign, which are what were previously referred to as "the 12 neat categories."
there is also your moon sign and your rising sign.
and all those planets and lots of "houses."
check out www.astrocenter.com for a free horoscope with your sun, moon and rising signs (you have to know the time of your birth)

i'm a capricorn, moon in scorpio and aries rising

Regarding this, i believe you do trust a little bit in all that ;)

Sunstorm
20-10-2004, 12:52
Kakrout, It's not some silly magic that you shouldn't trust in... it's astrology. This science been practiced for ages and ages.
Are you sure you are Libra? Librans aren't so opinionated.

Kseniya
20-10-2004, 12:54
Originally posted by kakrout
Regarding this, i believe you do trust a little bit in all that ;)

Kakrout, you think that astrology is not truthful...?? When you know characteristic of a person you may guess what is his/her Zodiac sign. I suprise by myself that sometimes when I do not know someone's sign I can guess who is he by his glance....;)

polly
20-10-2004, 12:58
Originally posted by kakrout
Regarding this, i believe you do trust a little bit in all that ;)

at least a little bit. my horoscope is emailed to me everyday! =)
unfortunately, it's not been too accurate as of late.

sparky
20-10-2004, 13:01
Is astrology classed as a science, I have not heard it in that context before?
This science been practiced for ages and ages

Sunstorm
20-10-2004, 13:07
ElectricDave, according to your writing stile you haven't heard of many things before :) But don't despare, you have the whole world to explore!! Cheers :D

sparky
20-10-2004, 13:12
Is that a yes or no?

polly
20-10-2004, 13:13
i think you can call it a science. there's lots of scary math involved, charts and all that crap, and it has to all be pinpoint-precise in order to have accurate results.
it may not be very respected, but i think you can call it a science. at least loosely.

kak
20-10-2004, 13:25
To answer to everyone here: I do not trust at all in astrology. and of course it's not a Science for me.
We are all different people on this earth. I believe that the way we are educated influence us, but planets don't ;)

polly
20-10-2004, 13:31
tha's ok, dude.

Kseniya
20-10-2004, 13:33
Originally posted by kakrout
To answer to everyone here: I do not trust at all in astrology. and of course it's not a Science for me.
We are all different people on this earth. I believe that the way we are educated influence us, but planets don't ;)

it's Ok, up to you to decide:)
I am not trying to impose my views to someone...

85StonePolarBear
20-10-2004, 13:45
Originally posted by Sadie
Somebody tell something good about Gemini please..
All of a sudden at least three most important members of my family turned out to be Gemini.. Ambush.. How to live with it :confused: ;)

If they are members of your family, they are good no matter their sign :). And you of all people are far too intelligent to believe in astrology!:p (but that emoticon does not sufficiently depict a polar bear's long tongue)!

Kshisya
20-10-2004, 13:48
Originally posted by Sadie
Somebody tell something good about Gemini please..


Sadie!!!!! since when you need any confirmations that we are de best???!! :D Just look at ME!!!!! :hooray: :nut::respect::gorgeous: :p


Originally posted by Sadie

All of a sudden at least three most important members of my family turned out to be Gemini.. Ambush.. How to live with it :confused: ;)

humanbeing wouldn't survive without us :rolleyes: GeminiS ...and you are another proof of my statement :p

Kseniya
20-10-2004, 13:51
Kshisya! Such a cute baby on the pic...Yours? :)

Sadie
20-10-2004, 13:52
It’s not a poll: who believes in what. But there’s no need to reject something if you are being in blissful ignorance of the subject. Have all those who deny astrology at least tried to study it? No. They just chose to believe in it not as they don’t bother ‘bout it. What’s the sense of argueing without arguments? A more honest approach would be “I do not know whether or not there is smth in it”.
I do not believe in astrology, because it would be as stupid to say that as to say: “I believe in algebra” or “Physics”. I know there is a certain connection, and you can follow this dependence if you are willing to and open minded. Signs do determine people’s behaviour, character, interrelationships etc.

But there are so many charlatans in this area due to many still mysterious things, that they simply undermine astrology’s authority. In general I think it is a pretty exact science. I believe we should stop this nonsense like: do u believe in God, astrology, UFO. At least have a respect for all those who had been studying all these things and as some of you say “believing” in it for ages before you smart one were born to reject everything :p

85StonePolarBear
20-10-2004, 13:53
Originally posted by Kshisya
Sadie!!!!! since when you need any confirmations that we are de best???!! :D Just look at ME!!!!! :hooray: :nut::respect::gorgeous: :p

Again, I know nothing about signs, but indeed this is just more good news as anyone who has a sign in common with Kshisya has got to be a great person! ;) (making up for yesterday's fun in the three word thread by expressing my real opinion ;) ;))

kak
20-10-2004, 13:54
Originally posted by 85StonePolarBear
If they are members of your family, they are good no matter their sign :)

it's off thread but you can have some as...les even in your own family :p

85StonePolarBear
20-10-2004, 13:56
Originally posted by kakrout
it's off thread but you can have some as...les even in your own family :p

Awww...come on....don't ruin such a nice thought...peut-etre il y a des branleurs dans ta famille mais celle de Sadie est parfaite comme elle ;) ;) ;)!

Sadie
20-10-2004, 13:58
Originally posted by 85StonePolarBear
Awww...come on....don't ruin such a nice thought...peut-etre il y a des branleurs dans ta famille mais celle de Sadie est parfaite comme elle ;) ;) ;)!
now that was mean, i don't speak this damn Farsy :p


Originally posted by Kshisya
humanbeing wouldn't survive without us GeminiS ...and you are another proof of my statement
I definitely am ;)

Kshisya
20-10-2004, 14:00
Originally posted by Kseniya
Kshisya! Such a cute baby on the pic...Yours? :)

silly vuman :rolleyes: not "yours"!! tis ME :rolleyes: after the course of this damn anti flu medication...wanna play? :p

85StonePolarBear
20-10-2004, 14:00
Originally posted by Sadie
now that was mean, i don't speak this damn Farsy :p

LOL - you know I would NEVER say anything bad about you - and that is FRENCH, not Farsi :p - the latter is spoken only by Idiot Amin, whose vocabulary is limited to expressions that he must have learned in some bordello in Teheran - and I know for a fact that even HE does not have one bad thing to say about you!:evilgrin:

Kseniya
20-10-2004, 14:01
Originally posted by Kshisya
silly vuman :rolleyes: not "yours"!! tis ME :rolleyes: after the course of this damn anti flu medication...wanna play? :p


:D :D :D :D :D :D
I am not silly... You look cute on that pic:)
I wanna play!

85StonePolarBear
20-10-2004, 14:05
Originally posted by Sadie
At least have a respect for all those who had been studying all these things and as some of you say “believing” in it for ages before you smart one were born to reject everything :p

Well, I was born before you were - but I think you know that I hold you in the highest esteem regardless of what you believe. If it makes you happy, why not - and if I really thought it was something bad, I would not be posting in my lighthearted "cuddly polar bear" style with emoticons - I would be researching facts the way I did for that unfortunate father who is seeking potentially dangerous therapy for his ill son. I also know that you and most of the others in this thread are smart enough to avoid astrologers who charge thousands for some sort of reading.

Kseniya
20-10-2004, 14:10
Originally posted by 85StonePolarBear

I also know that you and most of the others in this thread are smart enough to avoid astrologers who charge thousands for some sort of reading. [/B]
Dear Polar Bear:)

If the astrologer is professional in his field I can trust him (know one who is not a "sharlatan" and I trust in horoscopes made by him). Do not think that I am a fan of all these things, but it is interesting to know my personal characteristic (and it is possible to find out from my personal horosc.) :bookworm: I am almost Taurus as I was born on April,18th actually...

85StonePolarBear
20-10-2004, 14:18
If someone could post or PM me a link to Taurus characteristics, I'll see whether they match my personal traits - if nothing else this is fun :).

Sadie
20-10-2004, 14:22
here (http://astral-wizard.com/taurus%20stars%20horoscopes.php3)

85StonePolarBear
20-10-2004, 14:27
As a taurus, you have a great deal of sensuality and artistic flare.
Hmmm...maybe...but lately I have not had an opportunity to express it - maybe that's why I'm selling my pipes to get back into photography.

As a taurus, you are usually attentive of other peoples thoughts and emotions.

Yes - except when Idiot Amin takes over :p - will find out right now what Idi Amin's sign was ;) ;) ;)!

As a taurus, you are loyal to your friends and family and are often the one that people feel they can depend upon.

Yes

As a taurus, you have lots of love to give and have a shy but romantic inner self.

Hmmm...too personal to get into on the open board

As a taurus, you can be very orderly, appreciate harmony and enjoy nature.

Yes

As a taurus, you can appear to be reserved yet are usually attentive and calm.

Perhaps..

As a taurus, you have lots of patience and are content when you feel secure with money and love.

Yes...

As a taurus, you get attached to objects around you and appreciate their hidden meanings and values.

Very much so..
Your negative points include;-
As a taurus, you can be over materialistic and possessive.

Not 100%

As a taurus, you can have a tendency to be stubborn and not enjoy change.

No.

As a taurus, your reserved nature often leaves others thinking that you don't want to join in as much as they would like.

To some extent

As a taurus, you will often rather wait a long time for something and get the best than compromising your dreams.

YES - and this one gives me problems from time to time in business and in my personal life :(.

As a taurus, you can be blunt and insensitive in a tense situation but regret your words and feel embarrassed the following day.

Only when I was Broadmoor Bob - I regret ALL of that ***p!

FussyFrisky
20-10-2004, 14:29
Originally posted by 85StonePolarBear
If someone could post or PM me a link to Taurus characteristics .

Bear,

there are great books *Love signs * and *Sun Sighs* by Linda Goodman. They are incredably informative and, what is more important, poetic, humorous and fun to read.

Idiot Amin
20-10-2004, 14:31
I used to celebrate my birthday on January 1 as my tribe did not keep proper birth records. Of course, as President for Life I could choose any sign I wanted - but regrettably there is no Jackass in the horoscope, even in the Ugandan Kikuyu version!

Sunstorm
20-10-2004, 14:42
Linda Goodman's books are great! I guess they are fun to read even to those who does not give a darn about astrology!

Kseniya
20-10-2004, 14:45
Originally posted by Sunstorm
Linda Goodman's books are great! I guess they are fun to read even to those who does not give a darn about astrology!

I agree with you, Sunstormy :)

Kingwillhe
20-10-2004, 14:47
Have to start calling you ShareBear! Having fun yet?:D

peyote
20-10-2004, 15:02
astrology as science as voodoo. read and dare to argue afterwards... (http://www.astrology-and-science.com/a2-cfa.htm)

but of course virgos are skeptical, aren't they?
:D

Kingwillhe
20-10-2004, 15:13
From your Website Peyote, and the reason for choice #3 since I have never heard of an instance where two Economists have behaved any differently!

Now excuse me while I move to the Chemotherapy room for meditation prior to consulting the I Ching.

(hmmmm, another subject to Post?):D

peyote
20-10-2004, 15:40
Originally posted by Kingwillhe
From your Website Peyote, and the reason for choice #3 since I have never heard of an instance where two Economists have behaved any differently!

Now excuse me while I move to the Chemotherapy room for meditation prior to consulting the I Ching.

(hmmmm, another subject to Post?):D LOL

and who says economy is a science?
:D

polly
20-10-2004, 15:47
Originally posted by Kingwillhe
From your Website Peyote, and the reason for choice #3 since I have never heard of an instance where two Economists have behaved any differently!

Now excuse me while I move to the Chemotherapy room for meditation prior to consulting the I Ching.

(hmmmm, another subject to Post?):D

chemotherapy!!!
gosh i hope you meant aromatherapy!

85StonePolarBear
20-10-2004, 15:48
I think he means Ethanolotherapy!

plastique
20-10-2004, 15:53
anyone who know me can tell i am a Virgo...

but the newspaper horiscopes (i feel) are written so generally that they can be applied to almost anyone and many--if you read the all- are variations on what each other has said...

Kingwillhe
20-10-2004, 15:58
Originally posted by 85StonePolarBear
I think he means Ethanolotherapy!

Yes, that one also!

The "Chemotherapy Room" is an invention based on Hunter S Thompson's very real "Chemotherapy Chair", where he retired to meditate and get high!!

:)

legend
14-11-2004, 20:08
aries, but can't figure out the relevance