PDA

View Full Version : Russia visa application process for US men still require special background info?

charder
19-10-2004, 16:05
On one of the local Russia visa sites, there is the following:

"NEW! FOR US CITIZENS ONLY.
Starting May 1, 2002 additional supplement to the Questionnaire-Form #95 is required to all male US citizens of age 16-45 who are going to apply for Russian visa. Please click here to view or print this form if you qualify. After that, just print, sign and send it with other required paperwork."

None of the other sites that I visited are offering that statement any more. Do the Russian consulates still require it?

J.D.
19-10-2004, 16:11
I had to do one this past summer.

pengwn9
19-10-2004, 17:20
We did one last month and form 95 is no longer required for adult men. They have a new idiot form.

It's not quite as invasive but similar. Unless you have formal training in international espionage or explosives construction, you shouldn't have any trouble with the new one. But you'll need the address and phone number of every school you've ever attended. Oh well, could be worse.

Reverend
19-10-2004, 19:19
It is all based on the propensity for American men to plant explosives and otherwise commit mahem in Russia. Very well known in the world.

charder
19-10-2004, 21:41
Pengwen - Where did you get the form? I have not had any success in finding a place to download it.

"We did one last month and form 95 is no longer required for adult men. They have a new idiot form."

pengwn9
20-10-2004, 10:54
We got the visa forms from the Moscow US embassy.