PDA

View Full Version : Your struggle with Russian

Frida
23-04-2009, 19:19
Dear all!
What do u do struggling with Russian? What is worth for u in Russian language learning? Do radio, tv, films, cartoons help?
I am university-educated Russian tutor.

mariasobolevna
19-05-2009, 12:56
I'm a tutor, too, and my student has a very good progress, watching Osenniy Maraphon with me. Of course, it's not JUST watching and listening - we do the exercises (like: who said that? or: how do you think, what this expression means - you should have text version of the film) and then he writes a story after each episode (monological) as a hometask.

Frida
19-05-2009, 18:08
Thats a good method but I would like to know the peculiarities of teaching British or American students

Bels
19-05-2009, 23:57
Thats a good method but I would like to know the peculiarities of teaching British or American students

Are you joking? Of course there are differences in American and English. But learning Russian? I don;t think you would have any difference at all for example teaching Americans together with British English students. As far as I knoe both languages undertand each others differences, and most certainly the British do, so no problem. The problem is with the foreigners, not the Native speaking English.

Philip73
20-05-2009, 02:04
Are you joking? Of course there are differences in American and English. But learning Russian? I don;t think you would have any difference at all for example teaching Americans together with British English students. As far as I knoe both languages undertand each others differences, and most certainly the British do, so no problem. The problem is with the foreigners, not the Native speaking English.

And the bells strike stupid o'clock once more! What on Earth are you on?