PDA

View Full Version : Light Fixtures

Hick_hop
18-10-2004, 10:33
Starting to think about the massive job of kitting out the "apartment" we just bought. Is it possible to get anything like normal recessed light fixtures in this town, or is the choice between halogen, really ugly chandelliers and bare light bulb on a wire? Where are the best rynoks for finding this kinda stuff?

J.D.
18-10-2004, 10:43
Not a whole lot of receesed light fixtures in a country with mostly concrete cielings. There are lots of lighting fixture shops all over Moscow. Any rinok with related building supplies will have them.

sevan
18-10-2004, 11:16
I know a great place to get lights and light fixtures. Some of it is expensive, but some are very reasonably priced. Check out www.lighting.ru.

jules
18-10-2004, 13:36
You could also have wall sconces which throw the light up towards the ceiling to reflect down into the room - no having to drill a concrete ceiling, though you may have to drill concrete walls...

ghurka12
18-10-2004, 14:05
Dear Hip_hop

A combination of halogen and tungsten are best. A good place to wander around and look at variety is in Frunzenskaya at the materials exhibition hall there. You can see a good selection and the prices are generally a lot better than the shops.

Also try Tvoi Dom which has a good selection and where occasionally they have sales!

Don't forget that halogens generate a lot of heat and the lamps are often expensive. In addition, with regard to the recessed spotlights if they are not fitted properly, i.e. with correct cable, cable length and transformers, then they often fail. If you are using this type of fitting, then always use an electronic transformer and preferably one fitting to one transformer otherwise if your transformer fails then you lose all lights connected to it.

Best of luck....

P.S. When I was at school, it was "non illegitimi carborundum est"!!!!!

Bon
31-10-2004, 18:50
tvoi dom has 3% discount on all light fixtures, if purchased after 10 p.m.
this was a couple of months ago...i am not sure as of tdy.

best of luck!

plastique
01-11-2004, 02:26
at my apartment the "ikea lights" are mounted on wooden beams that hide the wires...pretty unique...so they line the walls and run across the ceiling