PDA

View Full Version : Travel to Minsk

plgt
15-10-2004, 17:02
Anybody has good tips about Minsk? I'm going there in a couple of weeks time, I know nothing about town.

Hotels, restaurants, clubs, pubs places to have fun

Tx

Tatya
16-10-2004, 11:07
HI, IT IS MY NATIVE CITY. THE BEST CHOICE OF THE HOTELS IS YUBILEINAYA HOTEL IN MASHEROVA AVENUE, IN THE CITY CENTER. THE WORST ONE IS MINSK HOTEL IN SCORYNA AVENUE. IT IS THE MOST PRICEY AND IS OWNED BY PRESIDENT ADMINISTRATION. THE GREAT EATERIES ARE RAKOVSKY BROVAR(GREAT BEAR, MANY EXPARTS), ZHURAVINKA, PATIO-PIZZA... CLUBS- REAKTOR, TONNEL, WESTWORLD CLUB

Fallen Angel
18-10-2004, 08:57
The best tip about Minsk is GIRLS!!! You gonna meet too many pretty girls there:)) It's true,some of them absolute beauties.
As for lunch I'd recommend a Palace of the Republic,can't remember an address,but ask everybody knows this place with a huge square and the huge building in the middle.There is a restaurant downstairs with good food and dirt cheap prices(you can have a 3 course meal for $3-4!!) But those prices are good only at lunch time.

Graffiti
18-10-2004, 10:13
I stayed at Zhuravinka hotel (abt US$120 a night). I understand it is currently the best in Minsk. Fairly decent, no major complaints. The restaurant in Zhuravinka is nothing special. Actually all the places I've been to were nothing special. I like the city though - clean, quite, not overcrowded like Moscow. And they guys looked just great! :))

plgt
18-10-2004, 11:22
Thanks for suggestion, appreciate very much. The more you have the better is. Yes fallen angel I heard about nice looking girls

Fallen Angel
19-10-2004, 08:28
Yes,the girls are very friendly and nice! As for clubs, try Bronx, Madison, Shaiba. It's quiet,clean city. I liked cafe called "Beze".Try draniki (potato pancakes), they are very delicious there! Good luck