PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant in Moscow

Kat09
16-04-2009, 13:35
Hi,

Im a first time pregnant in Moscow (9 w), considering giving birth here.

Anyone else in same situation?

/Kat

Willy
16-04-2009, 13:59
Hi,

Im a first time pregnant in Moscow (9 w), considering giving birth here.

Anyone else in same situation?

/Kat

Don't do it!

Don't even consider it.

Paintballer
16-04-2009, 20:32
Don't do it!

Don't even consider it.

Why's that?

res
16-04-2009, 21:04
Why's that?

I guess Iraq's medical facilities and so doctors r better than that of Moscow.Once I've been in one of the prestigious Hospitals. Doctors were seeming to make me go through every equipment they had(Thank God some were occupied) though I had only stomach ache ,They charged me 30k for ache ,I guess u will be charged with 1000k for pregnancy though Good Luck !!!!!!!

Paintballer
16-04-2009, 21:17
I guess Iraq's medical facilities and so doctors r better than that of Moscow.Once I've been in one of the prestigious Hospitals. Doctors were seeming to make me go through every equipment they had(Thank God some were occupied) though I had only stomach ache ,They charged me 30k for ache ,I guess u will be charged with 1000k for pregnancy though Good Luck !!!!!!!

Nonsense. Nowadays Moscow got some decent private clinics and such. You guys just got to open your eyes. Iraq vs Russia - hell of a comparison.

res
16-04-2009, 21:24
Nonsense. Nowadays Moscow got some decent private clinics and such. You guys just got to open your eyes. Iraq vs Russia - hell of a comparison.

too short

kvit2009
17-04-2009, 00:14
In Russia you can find out good doctors, but you have to know them, before you get there. If you need in good service, better to pay extra $ to doctor even in privat clinic. Doctor in these country has low salary.

Willy
17-04-2009, 01:29
Why's that?

Well it could be ok if she wants her baby to have a right to Russian citizenship but it could cause problems later in life when it comes up that they were born in Moscow. Try showing someone a Russian birth certificate and telling them your not Russian.

Yes doctors can be good here I know. I went to the AMC and paid a lot for a "we don't know what wrong with you" and the wrong meds that gave me very very bad depression. Then I went to the local clinic and a very young Russian woman doctor knew exactly what was wrong and cured me. WITHOUT any extra money! She was cute too! The AMC cost me 14,000 rubles for almost killing me and the local clinic 1800 to cure me. I also broke my leg a while back and it cost very little too. I don't know why everyone says you need to bribe for good help, never happen to me.

But she may not be used to the way they do things here and might not like the way they do them, so it may be scary for her. Oh and they won't let her husband be with her.

Qdos
17-04-2009, 03:59
I heard the only equipment is two blocks of wood and a bowl of hot water, with a slap in the face for pain distraction if you pay extra...

You ever seen a vertical Russian caesarian scar, they're something else :9456:

adiizwan
17-04-2009, 04:10
my dear comrades...

Motherland Russia stretched from Far West to the Far East. Everybody in this world is Russian. :book:

Andy B
17-04-2009, 07:33
Pregnacy is treated (literally) like an illness here.

My (Russian) wife and I moved to Malaysia to have our kids as she refused to give birth in Moscow (she is born and bred Muscavite).

Paintballer
17-04-2009, 10:52
Well, then again i got a bunch of friends who just got kids and some other friends who got kids coming up, yet they are doing ok.

Probably you guys just go to the wrong places, or your command of russian is poor, thus the local doctors try and milk you like a cow.

Mud
17-04-2009, 13:36
Hello Kat09 and welcome to the Expat.ru forums!

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS! I wish you the healthiest, safest and most wonderful pregancy ever. Furthermore, you have my best and most sincere wishes for a happy, healthy and wonderful baby!

I find it interesting that so many of us men have such strong advice regarding your choice of delivery location. One can almost hear the wheels turning as we reminisce;

"Well, when I delivered my first child~~~wait a second~~~that was my wife, not me! Okay then~~~when I delivered my second child~~~oh wait a second~~~that wasn't me either~~!".

I was more of a spectator and a cheerleader than a participant. I've already~~almost~~seen more of Willy than I EVER wanted to and now, I am picturing him at 9 months pregnant, in stirrups with some sweet young gal squeezing his hand and urging him to "push!". Not a good picture.

Well I guess we can and should have our opinions, particularly when it comes to what we witnessed or a loved one has experienced. It'd be great if some of the ladies out there chimed in a bit with their experiences.

Anyway, I hope that you get a lot of good input from EVERYBODY. Enjoy this site as well.

All the best!
Mud :D

npavlovskaya
01-05-2009, 23:56
Congratulations on your pregnancy))

As for giving birth here, there are lots of options. Maternity hospitals/units are quite different in Moscow and around Moscow, and if you'd like me to I can help you find out more about them.
I'm interested because i've just left an advertising job to go into childbirth education/prenatal counseling so i have a lot of time on my hands, tons of books and i'm very enthusiastic. We could meet and see if I could help you somehow, i have some ideas.
For information you can visit my facebook profile (Nadia Pavlovskaya),
or, in case you might want to see some references, a couchsurfing.com profile, I think I'm listed as Nadia Pavlovskaya there too.

is4fun
02-05-2009, 00:42
Congratulatins! Giving birth in Moscow is no problem whatsoever.

TD
02-05-2009, 00:56
My daughter was born in Moscow and there were no problems... there are lots of private clinics around and many that specialize in maternity -- hopefully some folks who have been through this recently will share some info here

update: The hospital we used was the Kremlin one at the end of Rublovka near the MKAD - at the time it only cost us about $300 (1993) -- the facilities & staff were pretty darn near to western quality even at that time. The price is obviously much higher now, but I am sure this is still one of the better places around.

whynot
02-05-2009, 14:04
COngratulation.

We went to Perinatal and all was PERFECT.

Other friends had the same good experience.

Ask for and english speaking doctor is you do not speak russian.

Перинатальный медицинский центр - ведение беременности и роды в Москве (http://www.perinatalmedcenter.ru/)