PDA

View Full Version : UK/Russia citizenship - will I need an internal passport when in Russia?

igoryasha
13-04-2009, 23:37
I am a UK/Russian citizen. Iíve lived in UK since I was ten years old. I am 25 now, havenít been in Russia since 2000, I want to travel there this June for duration of four months.

A friend said that I will be required to have a Russian internal passport to either travel within the country or when leaving. Does anybody know if this is true?

If it is I am told that there are likely to be complications on issue because the internal passport is stamped if the person has served in the army.

Can anybody advise me what my options are if I am:

- no longer registered at an address in Russia (the passport is stamped: prinjat na utchet na postojannoje zhitelístvo)

- currently studying at a British University

- have both a UK passport and a Russian external passport

Thank you for your advice,

Igorí

Qdos
13-04-2009, 23:44
Why don't you simply ask the Russian Consulate in London? :suspect:

igoryasha
14-04-2009, 14:34
I've asked the Russian consulate in Edinburgh about travel to Russia who have said it is absolutely fine to travel there and there will be no problems since my external passport states 'prinjat na utchet na postojannoje zhitelístvo' in UK.

I have not asked them about the internal passport because that is something that has come up from a conversation with a friend just days ago. I want to know more about this from other people because the outcome of this could be quite significant and once I am in Russia I cannot simply go by what has been said to me at the consulate or the friend, hence posting in this forum.