PDA

View Full Version : Moscow Life/Introduction

Teej
12-04-2009, 21:53
Hi there! I'm Teej, an IB student (yes I am a teenager, but I liek to think of myself as mature, and easy to talk to) and I've been in Moscow for over a year now, but its strange... Moscow seems very isolated despite being such a large city- I feel lonelier here than in any of the smaller cities I've lived in.

I was wondering if any of you felt the same way? Or otherwise?

res
12-04-2009, 22:05
welcome teej

Teej
12-04-2009, 22:15
thankyou res

that was an insightful answer to my question :)

res
12-04-2009, 22:19
I thought it's not fair as I m not 83

Teej
12-04-2009, 22:27
niether am i

res
12-04-2009, 22:29
u mean u r not a teenager???????

Teej
12-04-2009, 22:29
I'm not 83

res
12-04-2009, 22:30
oh ,okey.

Teej
12-04-2009, 22:32
i dont quite get what you meant actually...

"I thought it's not fair as I m not 83"

res
12-04-2009, 22:36
I wrote previously that I m 83 which i m not,so chatting with u as an extremely old person didn't fancy to me.

Teej
12-04-2009, 22:37
Haha, thanks for that :P what are you doing in moscow?

res
12-04-2009, 22:44
here to complete my master Thesis.

Teej
12-04-2009, 22:48
so why moscow for that? what subject?

res
12-04-2009, 22:49
so many questions at once !!!!!!!!!! first u got to tell me about ur stay here.......U looked in to my profile????????

Teej
12-04-2009, 22:52
haha, what do you want to know?

res
12-04-2009, 22:55
u relly seems little teenager.....what is ur age?

Teej
12-04-2009, 22:57
U looked in to my profile????????

no- should I have?

u relly seems little teenager.....what is ur age?

and how do I seem a teenager?

res
12-04-2009, 23:01
be frank with ur age otherwise I need to quit our chat session

Teej
12-04-2009, 23:03
I'm 16, but why does that make any difference? :P

res
12-04-2009, 23:06
u r too young to know about my subject ..............anyways been nice to meet u.................

Mud
12-04-2009, 23:12
Hello Teej and welcome to the Expat.ru forums!

It's not about where you are but who you are with. If you are with 18 million strangers then you will be alone. If you are alone, reading, watching TV, on-line or whatever, of course you will still be alone. However if you are with just one person with whom you may relax, laugh, enjoy yourself and most importantly be yourself, you won't need to be with anybody else. Even better, a group of good friends can offer much care and support.

I encourage you to get out and meet some folks. If you are the shy type then you may need to force yourself to just show up at some events. The Book Swap is a great place to just show up. There is a meeting this Saturday at 2:00 pm. Check the Local Events Forum for details. I'd be glad to meet you in the metro and head over together so you don't have to show up alone.

Anyway dude, I commend you for introducing yourself on this forum. Good first step. I hope that you find this a great place to meet people and have a good time!

All the best!

Mud :D

res
12-04-2009, 23:17
I'm 16, but why does that make any difference? :P

chill out my dear..........I didn't have any intention to hurt u

Teej
12-04-2009, 23:19
Thanks for that mud :)

I might well take you up on that offer, it's just all a matter of managing time at the moment, plenty of work to keep me occupied just now

Margo
12-04-2009, 23:35
Hi Teej.
Moscow is the place where I was born and brought but I feel lonely here very often. So may be I understand you even being older then you.

Willy
13-04-2009, 02:38
Hi Teej.
Moscow is the place where I was born and brought but I feel lonely here very often. So may be I understand you even being older then you.

Oh Margo you need a hug?

Come to Willy for a big HUG!

Hey Margo get back here!

Where you going?

Margoooo!!!!!

It's just my lighter!

Oh well.

Teej don't worry it's getting warmer and you be able to get out of the house, there are some younger members here just put up an ad or look around more you'll find something.

Teej
13-04-2009, 21:02
Oh Margo you need a hug?

Come to Willy for a big HUG!

Hey Margo get back here!

Where you going?

Margoooo!!!!!

It's just my lighter!

Oh well.

Teej don't worry it's getting warmer and you be able to get out of the house, there are some younger members here just put up an ad or look around more you'll find something.

ok first off, that little thing there was very slightly creepy, but amusing anyway ;)

and it is a lot nicer now its lightening up again- I came December '07, so i was here for it getting warmer last year, but I'd forgotten how much of a difference it made.

Willy
13-04-2009, 23:09
ok first off, that little thing there was very slightly creepy, but amusing anyway ;)

and it is a lot nicer now its lightening up again- I came December '07, so i was here for it getting warmer last year, but I'd forgotten how much of a difference it made.

Sorry I can be creepy sometimes.

good luck!

Korkelia
13-04-2009, 23:40
Hi there! I'm Teej, an IB student (yes I am a teenager, but I liek to think of myself as mature, and easy to talk to) and I've been in Moscow for over a year now, but its strange... Moscow seems very isolated despite being such a large city- I feel lonelier here than in any of the smaller cities I've lived in.

I was wondering if any of you felt the same way? Or otherwise?

Loneliness is the thing inside. It has nothing to do with the city. However, many large cities can give that impression.
I wish you could shake this feeling away.
Loneliness and boredom are sisters of the same disaster. Don't let them overtake you.
I would like to join Mud and invite you to my Book Swap Club. You can get free books in English there as well as meet a lot of people.

Good luck, mon ami!

tukiva
14-04-2009, 11:36
i agree with Korkelia,loneliness and boredom are almost twins, make urself busy with different things and u wil not have time for such thoughts at all

adiizwan
14-04-2009, 12:04
Greetings earthlings...

Its interesting to Book Swap club... errr but what is Book Swap Club actually? Explain? Just swapping books?

I can say that boredom and Loneliness will occur when you have very very very tight money to spent. Its true... many people that have alots of money they will not feels boredom or loneliness even tho they are alone. They would spent those money like crazy. :D Many things in this world that we would like to enjoy needs money to spent.

No money..... got boredom and loneliness. :idea:

Korkelia
14-04-2009, 12:56
Greetings earthlings...

Its interesting to Book Swap club... errr but what is Book Swap Club actually? Explain? Just swapping books?

We exchange books and DVDs in English. But most of time we talk. It is nice to meet people in a friendly atmospher somewhere.

You can check more info re my club here:
http://www.expat.ru/forum/local-events/140939-april-book-swap-club-event.html#post516384

or here:
About Book Swap Club - Book Swap Club (Moscow) - Meetup.com (http://www.meetup.com/BookSwapClub-Moscow/about/)

I can say that boredom and Loneliness will occur when you have very very very tight money to spent. Its true... many people that have alots of money they will not feels boredom or loneliness even tho they are alone. They would spent those money like crazy. :D Many things in this world that we would like to enjoy needs money to spent.

No money..... got boredom and loneliness. :idea:

You are so wrong =))))

adiizwan
14-04-2009, 13:14
Hmmmmm.

Dear Leyla..

This is the first time i heard about book swaping. Its like a barter trade rite? almost?

Its seems to be interesting. I wish i have the opportunity to join this events.

Let say if i dont have a books or Dvds to swap... but i want to take books from the book swap event...am i be allow to do that? or should i pay?

If i have a books / Dvds to swap but no one wants my books or Dvds, can i still take others book/dvds?

Korkelia
14-04-2009, 14:08
Hmmmmm.

Dear Leyla..

This is the first time i heard about book swaping. Its like a barter trade rite? almost?

Its seems to be interesting. I wish i have the opportunity to join this events.

Let say if i dont have a books or Dvds to swap... but i want to take books from the book swap event...am i be allow to do that? or should i pay?

If i have a books / Dvds to swap but no one wants my books or Dvds, can i still take others book/dvds?

If you don't have any books to swap or give away - you are still welcome to come and take something. You can take as many DVDs/books as you like.
And you don't have to pay. There is no money involved.
Usually, we leave books on the table. If there is a book you find interesting - just take it :-) it's yours.

With or without books you are welcome. And you can take books or DVDs.
They are there for free and for anyone who is interested.

adiizwan
14-04-2009, 14:16
ohh myy goodness...

This kind of event really exist in this hard kapitalist world we live in. Sooo noble!!. I couldnt imagine if i do that at my area. I am sure there would be one person who will come and take all the books and Dvds ( for free of course ) and the person would sell it at other places with high price.

i want to ask u alot of questions...is it possible to private msg such as YM or gtalk or skype Leyla?

vikas
14-04-2009, 19:47
Hi friends how are you doing....i am also new in moscow...

so many questions at once !!!!!!!!!! first u got to tell me about ur stay here.......U looked in to my profile????????

Teej
14-04-2009, 22:14
bonjour!

how is the big city treating you vikas? anything we can do to make your move here easier to deal with?

adiizwan
15-04-2009, 08:52
im hungry....

Teej
15-04-2009, 18:45
I second that