PDA

View Full Version : Question

VirtualCloud
12-10-2004, 14:22
Was wonderting whether you are asked for your registration at the airport on leaving Moscow?

I have a friend coming from the UK for a few days only...thought it'd be ok if we didn't get him a registration.

Thanks.

Evil Ned Kelly
12-10-2004, 14:24
They don't at Sherry II. Don't know about Domodedovo.

tommo
12-10-2004, 14:25
If he's here for less than 3 days he doesn't need registration.

VirtualCloud
12-10-2004, 14:27
yes i know that. he's here for about a week though, staying at my place....didn't want to get into all that trouble with registration. as long as we dont get caught in the street, i guess he should be fine without one.

Surok
12-10-2004, 14:40
I was at Sheremetyevo two weeks ago with two westerners - walking from the car park to the airport building - and the militia stopped them and asked to see their documents.

The girl who was leaving squeaked in under the three day rule.

But - if I hadn't been there, I think they would have tried to get money out of her.

Just my 2c.

Guest777
12-10-2004, 14:57
My friend had a visitor from the UK in August. She was planning to get proper registration for him as he was staying here for 8 days, but people at the agency told he it was not worth the trouble as 3 out of 8 days were days off and the registration process takes 3 days. He was never stopped in the streets and left via Domodedovo airport with no trouble at all.

legspreader
12-10-2004, 15:00
id be careful and be ready to have the cops shake you down. i was sitting in the car with a friend last night across from park kultury metro waiting for a friend. we had 4 militia officers roll up and search the car and check our documents.... i'm thinking doc checks are getting much tougher...

Maine Surfer
12-10-2004, 15:03
My mother in law left frm Domodedovo in late July with no problem after staying here for two week unregistered.

VirtualCloud
12-10-2004, 15:40
i think i will be able to sort everything out with the police if they stop him...my only worry was leaving the country. so as long as they don't check it at the airport, he is fine.

thank you everyone :)

veejay
12-10-2004, 15:48
I had a visitor here during Den Goroda and when we phoned the agency they said that we should worry about registration. She was here for a total of 6 days, I believe. The day she arrived and left did not count, and the weekend did not count, so she 'squeaked by'...No problems when she left through SVO.

Good luck!