PDA

View Full Version : I have idea for private teachers in Moscow area

Bels
04-04-2009, 01:59
I have an idea for teachers in Moscow and Moscow region. If you don't already know I am in the western region of Moscow, and some call it the oblasst.

The idea is this, to make our own website and forum for teachers. There will be a section for Russian students and parents of Russian students where they will have have some form of learning English freely on this site, and also advertising of the availibillity of regular teachers who are teaching English in the area.

Now this site will be free for all, for the purpose of bringing teachers to students without the expense of middlemen. I honestly don't know how it will work out, but let's plan it professionaly together.

I don;t believe that there are many resident teachers left here, but let's first of all get together. I will try with my lot here and with those left in eslcafe. I hope you do the same and ask regular teachers here to be moderators or administraters for this this new site we are going to develop.

Why should we do this? Just look around you, you have sites using and abusing you. Websites that simply collect database of native English teachers a fee, percentage or low income, and then collect a database of interested students or parents of students. Foreigners are trying to make money out of us, why don't we do it ourselves and offer a direct service.

Please discuss, and let's discuss. I'm already designing whilst you do this, but in this case I would like a joint venture with many minds. I will need administrators and moderators who have a desire to offer a great service in teaching English to students in Moscow. Please discuss here.

Rosin
04-04-2009, 08:21
Good idea!

Bonifaciy
04-04-2009, 08:51
I agree it`s good idea.

Jobler
04-04-2009, 20:42
Good move. :iagree:

alterego
04-04-2009, 21:00
I like the idea in principle BUT who is going to pay for it and what's more who is going to run it?

We have a cost and maintenance free forum right here. A lessons wanted/offered section, an open teacher's forum, and a closed forum (so as not to air our dirty laundry). What more will a new site offer that these free and currently under-utilized services don't?

Bels
04-04-2009, 21:55
I like the idea in principle BUT who is going to pay for it and what's more who is going to run it?

We have a cost and maintenance free forum right here. A lessons wanted/offered section, an open teacher's forum, and a closed forum (so as not to air our dirty laundry). What more will a new site offer that these free and currently under-utilized services don't?

Flexibility of which we don't have here. For example we dont have russian and english translation to sell to prospective customers. Many of our prospective customers may well be beginners or don't search in English. some of them are parents who don't know the English, but want their teenagers or children to advance in English. Will they find here? No they won't. There will be no paying at the beginning, just your time. Eventually ther may well be a paid site , but as far as I can see it doesnt cost much to get your own address on the internet. So! when there are costs they will be minimal, and we will share them to those who agree.

We will need a bilingual in Russian and English, is ther anyone available? My wife would be an excellent candidate, but for the moment she believes we should do it on our own. But I might change her mind. Yes the site must be the two languages, so we do need a good translator. Is there anybody available? The private teachers forum will of course be in English only, and there will be a separate password to enter this forum. That's another reason for changing. Us teachers do not have privacy here, and that was a major complaint in the past here. I know because I recieved the messages.

alterego
05-04-2009, 06:22
. . . That's another reason for changing. Us teachers do not have privacy here, . . .

You put a 'thanks' on my post but it seems you didn't actually read it.

I don't think the admin here would object if we wrote our lessons offered posts in Russian.

Also consider that this site is well known. How will you attract people to a new site? I don't mean to be negative, good luck if you decide to do it. I will certainly check it out if you do.

Bels
05-04-2009, 14:19
You could well be right but there is no harm in trying. Forums and website for beginners can be free of charge. We can get our own web address later if it develops. There are ways to make this proposed easily searchable for both English speakers and non English speaking Russians.

All its going to cost us all who are interested will be a bit of participation in our free time. The majority of my students either come from non English speaking Russian parents or Russians who would rather search for a native speaker in the Russian language. That is why we have individual russians trying to rip us off. They find the students in Russian, and then pass them off to us at a profit unto themselves.

I'm trying to get assistance from my wife who is a professional translator, but for the moment she believes that we should simply do it for ourselves independantly. I promised her that we will build our own forjust western region of Moscow. But even so I am still interested in a joint venture which could cover Moscow and other areas of Russia if there is sufficient interest.

Bels
05-04-2009, 14:29
You put a 'thanks' on my post but it seems you didn't actually read it.

I don't think the admin here would object if we wrote our lessons offered posts in Russian.

Also consider that this site is well known. How will you attract people to a new site? I don't mean to be negative, good luck if you decide to do it. I will certainly check it out if you do.

It's a thanks because | enjoy debate. What a boring world it would be if everybody said that they totally agreed with me.

Bels
25-04-2009, 23:44
At the very bottom of the forum list we have private forums.. Why don't we start there. There could have introductory words such as teachers' forum. stating teachers only. It would need to have seporate passwords to enter, with a basic entry applicitation , nothing too heavy as we are only looking for honest interest of teachers. That would be enough. We would need an admnistrator to controlit and Ezik would be great. Another suggestion would be Judge as he has the interests of already being a teacher.

alterego
25-04-2009, 23:59
Have you actually read any of my posts?

Bels
26-04-2009, 00:10
Perhaps some. But an expat techers site on expat.ru will be stronger than any other if it has good strong support.

I have seen attempts of teacher's forums that disappears. And why do they weaken? Because we come and go!!!!! We need controlled continuity!! When one boss disappears another boss needs to take over!! WE NEED CONTINUITY!! Expat will give continuity, and I hope to help that when one goes another will takeover. It;s a beginning. We can't be sure how big it will be. We can only give it a try.

Russian Lad
24-05-2009, 02:32
I have seen attempts of teacher's forums that disappears. And why do they weaken? Because we come and go!!!!! We need controlled continuity!! When one boss disappears another boss needs to take over!! WE NEED CONTINUITY!! Expat will give continuity, and I hope to help that when one goes another will takeover. It;s a beginning. We can't be sure how big it will be. We can only give it a try.

You change the words as below and read it:

1) teacher = worker
2) forum = union
3) boss = leader
4) expat = Communist Party

Bels
25-05-2009, 23:42
You change the words as below and read it:

1) teacher = worker
2) forum = union
3) boss = leader
4) expat = Communist Party

Let us start by by those teacher who are here now, and being teachers who really do have an interest in being together with the same interests. Whether they be for employment if there is much available now, or self employment, or even a bit of both.

pjw
02-07-2009, 22:58
It's a thanks because | enjoy debate. What a boring world it would be if everybody said that they totally agreed with me.I agree with u Bels ;)