PDA

View Full Version : virus program

rgreen
03-04-2009, 22:39
can someone recommend a good anti-virus program I can get from the internet?

And any other protection I should get ?

Thanks

Jazzy
03-04-2009, 23:22
avast or avg or avira-all free nod32-for money

OuterSpace
03-04-2009, 23:49
Nod32 is a successfull anti virus software program from ESET
I also suggest to install AntiSpyware and Firewall

Try ESET Smart Security 4 from ESET again..

Firewall, Antivirus, Antispam: ESET Smart Security Has It All (http://www.eset.com/smartsecurity/)

kapione
04-04-2009, 00:29
use avast home anti virus its free , down load it , register it , it is good for a year then you renew your code free

I also recomend spyware terminator use it only against spyware do not use the clamshell antivirus with avast , good luck

Jazzy
04-04-2009, 10:39
i recommend spywaredocktor and programs of e trust company

Hawk
04-04-2009, 15:59
I was a Norton anti virus believer....... until I bought the Norton 360... it totally screwed up my system.. I was so angry, so i went and I bought a Mac Book...

After totally erasing the hard and reloading everything - Now I use avg free version, and it's been perfect!

Qdos
05-04-2009, 00:35
AVG free is great, it won't bother you much at all because it simply fails to detect a huge number of threats. You do get what you pay for, and if you need decent protection then look towards Kaspersky, NOD32 and Avira.

Don't want to pay, well expect trouble!

Ideally anyone using a computer should have a drive image restoration program anyway - such as Acronis TrueImage, one of the surest ways of ensuring your system is bug free and squealy clean is to roll back to a fresh install that you know to be pristine... :D

TD
07-04-2009, 05:35
Ideally anyone using a computer should have a drive image restoration program anyway - such as Acronis TrueImage

great advice, and Acronis is one of the easiest image programs to use... as for anti-virus my vote goes to Avast - I have had good results for years using it both on my own and client's computers

Teej
12-04-2009, 21:38
I used to pay for Norton, but to be honest, AVG Free is fine for keeping my computer safe... haven't had any troubles so far (touch wood...)

wenling85
16-04-2009, 13:24
I use AVG and 360.

Michele
23-04-2009, 16:28
Avg is for free and updates automatically, and for a normal internet use protects enough (business, informations ecc). I can work well with it.
If you use to surf in strange and aggressive websites (sex for ex) avg will work but not all the time, you will need to install different products to hope that something will solve the problem. Many professional virus-guys use Kaspersky, I have the feeling that could be a good final solution

hudognik2009
29-04-2009, 20:17
Avira AntiVir - free
Kaspersky Internet Security