PDA

View Full Version : help I need to get advice on great places for lunch

ballbon
03-04-2009, 22:08
Hi .... I know this is a dumb request.... but I have been here for approx 7 months and I still don't have a favourite eating and drinking place.
Please if anyone can be bothered give this girl who is in the dark some help and suggest your favourite places. I am not into posh and expensive eateries but something that is reasonably priced and straightforward.... for Moscow standards.
I would love to know of any good places near the university or surrounding areas and central moscow and or anywhere else for that matter.

Many thanks in advance to those who will reply.
B

Margo
03-04-2009, 22:15
do you mean - business lunch? In weekdays? Then we should about specific places near your office.
Well, there are "Mu-mu" and "Grabli" where I go to have quick and reasonably nice lunch on my ways at weekends. Those are chains and I know location of several places.
But it is not a restaurant, no waiters. "Grabli" is called free flow

Nika E
04-04-2009, 03:20
I think good place is where I was today ..

Nika E
04-04-2009, 03:21
//its a pizza-restoran MIR pizzi, at Smolenskaya and Krasnopresnenskaya

Nika E
04-04-2009, 03:22
.. work days before 15h - 50% for pizza is good I think.
or Makdonalds or Mumu ,, a lot of places:11157:

kora
07-04-2009, 17:14
Yes, Mu-mu is a really good place! Home made food and chip prices.
Sbarro - pizza place. If you like pizza of course ^)
Shokoladnitsa if you want eat and talk to your friend.
But be aware of some places you really don't know. Ask your friends before you actually go there

Good luck!

cookie monster
08-04-2009, 15:12
Sbarro's number of locations has an all day long good deal which includes a slice of pizza, soup, 1 piece of bread and a softdrink for R.110 (hard to beat and cheaper over Mickey Dees)

Papas Place - Business Lunch, Mon. - Fri. good portions at R.190 (thursdays there;s a good roast beef and Fridays nice meat-loaf for business lunch) Link: Papa's Place: Main (http://www.papas.ru/en/)

Tibet Himalaya Restaurant - Business Lunch, Mon - Fri, good portions and selection at R.220
Link: Restaurant "Tibet Himalaya" — menu (http://tibethimalaya.ru/en/menu.html)

Om Cafe (thai) - Business Lunch, Mon - Fri, not bad portions at R.240 to R.250 (No. 1 choice of Thai Embassy) Link: ОМ Кафе (http://www.omcafe.ru/)

Thai-Thai (thai) Business Lunch, Mon - Fri at R.297. Havent tried this yet, but apparently this is 2nd choice of Thai Embassy. Link: Меню: Бизнес ланч - приглашаем на тайские домашние обеды | Ресторан-кафе "Тай Тай" (http://www.thaithai.ru/menu/business-lunch/)

Mir Pizza at Smolenskaya earlier mentioned, my favorites there are the 4 Cheese Pizza, Buffalo Pizza (abit spicy), Seafood Pizza (good flavors) plus their vegetable lasagne is pretty good, i dont recommend the meat lasagne.

slonik
15-04-2009, 17:51
On a linked note, can anyone recommend any places which are very good and normally also very expensive, but which have good weekday lunch deals?
For example, I've heard Cafe Pushkin does a great business lunch menu, while Cantinetta Antinori has 20 percent off food at lunchtime (though that doesn't make it cheap by any stretch of the imagination).

MissAnnElk
15-04-2009, 17:59
On a linked note, can anyone recommend any places which are very good and normally also very expensive, but which have good weekday lunch deals?
For example, I've heard Cafe Pushkin does a great business lunch menu, while Cantinetta Antinori has 20 percent off food at lunchtime (though that doesn't make it cheap by any stretch of the imagination).

I think I heard Cafe Pushkin does a business lunch in the 750 ruble range.

BelindaG
18-04-2009, 19:48
has anyone tried the hotel brunches? I've heard that they're not bad and that they include a 'drink as much good french champagne as you like' thing, which may make it worthwhile paying for?

limor
23-04-2009, 12:15
Good places to eat business lunch all in the Patriachi Ponds area:
Mamia Pasta on Spiridonievsky, Shafran also in that area. A cool Russian place: Mari Vanna. I also recommend to go at least once to a Sunday brunch to Torandot on Tverskoy blv. Amazing!

limor

bluesurf
03-05-2009, 19:48
We discovered Correa's some months ago, and now it is a regular weekly stop for us. Very Euro and fair pricing.

Marcelle
04-05-2009, 23:24
Eric Kaiser on Marosejka (Kitaj Gorod) for good sandwiches!

WandaFish
05-05-2009, 04:11
mm.... I can hardly see this girl reaching all those places mentioned at Kitay Gorod or (!!!) Cafe Pushkin, etc., during that short hour of lunchtime, from the University area, where she was looking for a simple and straightforward place to catch a quick bite. :o

marcmcelroy
05-05-2009, 07:58
Cafe Devi is an excellent Indian restaurant located at the "Student Village" of the Institute of International Friendship. Half way between Belyaovo and Yugo Zapita metros. Look for their add in the back of some of those English language freebee magazines, look hard it's really small. Even if you can't make it for lunch, dinner is good and it's cheap. It's my favorite restaurant in Moscow. Also Seno next to the Tetralnaya Metro (up the hill a bit on the right (behind the Moscow City Duma building, is like Grabli but better. Le Pain QuotienEJEJKHFFlechien or whatever the heck it is also has a good cheap lunch combo, and locations through-out the city.

For drinking, I usually just drink at my favorite restaurants. If you want to be hipster-er try Perogi also near Tetralnaya and Bilingua near the Lublanka. They are hip, but not full of the clueless types who are just out to throw around money that you find in Moscow night spots. As I rule I avoid all bars that have "Feis Kontrol," or at least any one that that a sober clothed person would have trouble getting in to. Years ago you couldn't get into those places if you didn't look like a foreigner. Now you can can't get in unless you look like a Russian who has made some very expensive attempts to look like a foreigner (namely designer clothes and euro-trash style). If you're striking out at feis kontrol, try dressing a bit gay-er, pink sweaters, lots of hair care products. Or if you happen to be gay, look gay, but don't act gay.

Anyway, that's my eating/drinking opinion, see you around town.:plane: