PDA

View Full Version : Anyone has a opinion about Krasnodar?

silniy
03-04-2009, 10:43
Hi Expats;
One of my friends he lives in Krasnodar and he is inviting me for a summer trip to there..I have doubts about it.. What do you think about this russian city?

FatAndy
03-04-2009, 11:01
2 silniy
Which doubts you do have? :)

If you're really from Italy - you'll like Krasnodar. It will resemble home a bit - is hot at summer, nice and cheap (in comparison with Moscow) food, a lot of domestic vines, !!!super!!! girls etc. Generally it is "big village" - most buildings are 1-2 floors, in the center - up to 5. People mostly are relaxed and friendly. The region itself is mostly agricultural with very good harvest level, so they have enough money.

Black Sea is not far, so beach lie down procedure and swimming will be supplied I guess.

But be careful while crossing streets by feet. Hot southern guys don't use brakes at all.

The best way to reach Krasnodar is by air (1.5-2h from Moscow). Use Aeroflot from Moscow SVO or Avialinii Kubani (from DME or VKO). If you'll arrive by Aeroflot or Alitalia from Fumicino to SVO2 (intl), don't forget to claim your checked luggage, pass customs and then go with it to SVO1 (dom).

Have a nice trip!

elis
03-04-2009, 12:06
2 silniy
Which doubts you do have? :)

If you're really from Italy - you'll like Krasnodar.

That's like when someone told me that if I liked Italy then I'd like Yerevan. I've been here 7 months, amd I'm still scratching my head over that one.

Margo
04-04-2009, 01:42
They probably meant climate. I can't think of anything else being common for Armenia and Italy.
Same I guess applicable to comparing Krasnodar and Italy. And may be a bit of nature.

FatAndy
05-04-2009, 22:58
I can't think of anything else being common for Armenia and Italy - vines ;)

Margo
06-04-2009, 00:51
you are wrong, Andy. Armenia for cognac ( brandy). Which Armenian wines you know?

Willy
06-04-2009, 09:20
That's like when someone told me that if I liked Italy then I'd like Yerevan. I've been here 7 months, amd I'm still scratching my head over that one.

Maybe they were talking getting your bum pinched.

If you like it, you'll like Italy too.

FatAndy
06-04-2009, 10:46
2 Margo
you are wrong, Andy. - no. I'm always right (excluding cases when I'm wrong) :)

Armenia for cognac ( brandy) - mostly yes (although I like more Georgian and Dagestan brandies). At Soviet Union times regional subdivision on foodware production led Armenia to "brandy brand" and, partially, sweet dessert vines. It is true but not comprehensive data.

Which Armenian wines you know? - not so many ones but enough - Areni, Aspet, Atsruni, Echmiadzin (same area as famous mineral water spring), Erebuni (such name of brandy also exists), Gandzak, Idjevan, Vernashen, Voskevaz, Zokanch. Also some sorts of heres and portwein.

Candia
10-05-2009, 22:13
Hi all,

I have previously mentioned in the introductions that I will be moving to Krasnodar end of July from Canada. I would appreciate any info on this city or the Koban area good or bad. What is the city like? cost of living, how much is a loaf of bread, a bottle of wine, cost of gas etc. Is there any one from this community living there now or for the next year?
I have checked out Atlas health, will get an international drivers license. I have an interpreter provided for my work, so hopefully will pick up some of the language as well .
Any tips greatfully received.

Nick.

tukiva
12-05-2009, 11:54
Hi Expats;
One of my friends he lives in Krasnodar and he is inviting me for a summer trip to there..I have doubts about it.. What do you think about this russian city?

I ve never been to Krasnodar, but i ve been to Stavropol. Since that time i am scared to visit province towns in zhopa mira....Though my very good friend lives in Krasnodar and his collegues are very friendly..Maybe Stavropol and Krasnodar are not same towns,let me have a look at the map:bookworm:

Elisaitalia
20-06-2009, 17:12
I haven't been to Krasnodar, but I suppose that's quite sad

matthew86
22-07-2009, 16:39
Spent a bit of time travelling around the region- not too much time in Krasnodar itself- and I can say that it is a very pleasant part of the world!

The weather is obviously better in the south, but most importantly for me, the food is a lot more palatable. Basic things, such as bread are a lot better than the Moscow crap, wine is cheap and pleasant- try Kaberne Mysxako. The Black sea coast is also a good laugh, Sochi is great for partying, and Gelendzhik is very scenic.

In fact I'm going down to a wee town near Krasnodar on my hols very soon, can't wait!

FatAndy
22-07-2009, 18:04
Matt, you've forgot girlzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ;)
And not only Cabernet Мысхако - also Isabella at Anapa area :)

Viola
22-07-2009, 20:37
I completely agree with Andy in views on Krasnodar. Quiet - human size - green - friendly people - cheap - lot of organic food - wines (including Isabella, of course!!) - close to the Black sea... - good river (Kuban')
Especially if your friend is local and/or you speak Russian you'll enjoy it.
You may have a look at the pictures here http://onrent.ru/foto/3.html

Alex the lawyer
22-07-2009, 20:50
there is a swiss music band Lacrimosa. It has written a song "I lost my star in Krasnodar" recenty.

Viola
22-07-2009, 22:24
I haven't been to Krasnodar, but I suppose that's quite sad
What make you think so?

Frida
23-07-2009, 11:38
The girls are really beutiful there/ And food is very good. The best thing is krasnodar's tomatoes))) Sunflower oil from local market))) And my collegue told that reataurants there are not bad)))

Krasnodar Kid
07-08-2009, 04:12
I've been living in Krasnodar (on and off) since 1995. Its not a bad place. Gets a bit warm in the Summer, but that gives you an excuse to go up to the mountains and have some shashlik!

I don't see too many Expats down here, but with the 2014 Olympics, there seems to be more and more showing up...

FatAndy
11-09-2009, 14:13
People from Krasnodar region are firing up:
’с‚€е‡а одноклассников ˆоки€овала звезд - Новос‚и ˆоƒ-бизнеса - АšА”ž.Телегид (http://tv.akado.ru/publications/2009-09-09_14_33_30.html)
;)

Katenok
13-09-2009, 14:41
Spent a bit of time travelling around the region- not too much time in Krasnodar itself- and I can say that it is a very pleasant part of the world!

The weather is obviously better in the south, but most importantly for me, the food is a lot more palatable. Basic things, such as bread are a lot better than the Moscow crap, wine is cheap and pleasant- try Kaberne Mysxako. The Black sea coast is also a good laugh, Sochi is great for partying, and Gelendzhik is very scenic.

I agree. But if you have grass pollen allergy don't move there in August because of the ambrosia (ragweed).

ladeda
21-09-2009, 08:18
any suggestions??? any places you recommend? places where i can meet english speaking people?? :jester:

FatAndy
21-09-2009, 11:01
any places you recommend? - all the city is the place to recommend. ;)