PDA

View Full Version : Stockmann

elc1986
01-04-2009, 22:35
Ok, so have been told to take a trip to Stockmann as i will be able find a number of things that i want there etc, and i have looked on theyre website to find the one in Smolenskaya or near it anyway, has closed or it not open.

Wheres the next best branch to visit and how do i get there as it looks as though most of them are based in Mega Malls, which is fine, but i just need to know the closest metro stop!

Thanks

Swordfish90293
01-04-2009, 22:44
Kievskaya I think...walk out of the metro and look up...

franzewich
01-04-2009, 22:58
Take the #7 (purple) line towards Wychino. Coming from downtown, exit the Metro at Kuzminki to the left (towards the end of the train). Take the stair up (there is no escalator on this side), keep to the left.

In the tunnel turn left, at the end of the tunnel take the stair up to the right. You get out near a bookstore. Cross the little feeder road (NOT the Wolgagradskij!), there is kind of a bus shelter. Do NOT wait in there - go into the shelter to the street curb and then turn left, past a small flower shop; the sidewalk is very narrow there!

Go another 50m or so and wait there for the yellow MEGA-bus. It will take you down the Wolgagradskij to the MKAD and then to the MEGA Mall in Belaya Dacha, about 20 min. if there is no traffic jam.

I took that route for more than 2 years (I helped building that mall).
And, yes, you may have to do some shoving in order to get on - that's Moscow!

Carbo
01-04-2009, 23:04
Take the #7 (purple) line towards Wychino. Coming from downtown, exit the Metro at Kuzminki to the left (towards the end of the train). Take the stair up (there is no escalator on this side), keep to the left.

In the tunnel turn left, at the end of the tunnel take the stair up to the right. You get out near a bookstore. Cross the little feeder road (NOT the Wolgagradskij!), there is kind of a bus shelter. Do NOT wait in there - go into the shelter to the street curb and then turn left, past a small flower shop; the sidewalk is very narrow there!

Go another 50m or so and wait there for the yellow MEGA-bus. It will take you down the Wolgagradskij to the MKAD and then to the MEGA Mall in Belaya Dacha, about 20 min. if there is no traffic jam.

I took that route for more than 2 years (I helped building that mall).
And, yes, you may have to do some shoving in order to get on - that's Moscow!
Done this many times. Very convenient. Free bus there, taxi back with loads of shopping. Totally cool.

Good tip.

Also, Byelaya Dacha Mega is excellent now they have the super-duper extention.

Not that I have the money to spend at Stockman in these days of crisis...

franzewich
01-04-2009, 23:23
Also, Byelaya Dacha Mega is excellent now they have the super-duper extention.

Not that I have the money to spend at Stockman in these days of crisis...

... is really an interesting mall, lots going on, especially in the new part. KOSMIK, the game parlor, is really good, so is KINOSTAR. Just the ice skating rink is way to small (was planned biger, but IKEA reduced it in size - a pity!).

Just when you do shopping in Stockmann, have some devotion; there were six workers killed when the main staircase collapsed during construction. But don't worry: It's safe now!

elc1986
02-04-2009, 09:23
Thanks for all your tips and advice. Yep i might try that trip on Sunday then, ive heard that mall is pretty big and has a Topshop yey! I know i am english after all.........I know there are lots of malls outside the Moscow area.

Which one is the biggest and has the best selection? Would you say the one mentioned above?

Carbo
02-04-2009, 10:10
Thanks for all your tips and advice. Yep i might try that trip on Sunday then, ive heard that mall is pretty big and has a Topshop yey! I know i am english after all.........I know there are lots of malls outside the Moscow area.

Which one is the biggest and has the best selection? Would you say the one mentioned above?
I'd say the new Byelaya Dacha is the best of the out of town places, because it has a whole new section that doubled its size. It's really pretty good and has a convenient free bus to take you there.

Of the in-town ones, I like evropyeskiy the best. Right next to Kievskaya.

franzewich
02-04-2009, 13:32

When we finished it last year I was told that this is/was the biggest mall in Europe!

Korkelia
02-04-2009, 13:40
Ok, so have been told to take a trip to Stockmann as i will be able find a number of things that i want there etc, and i have looked on theyre website to find the one in Smolenskaya or near it anyway, has closed or it not open.

Wheres the next best branch to visit and how do i get there as it looks as though most of them are based in Mega Malls, which is fine, but i just need to know the closest metro stop!

Thanks

Go to Voykovskaya (green metro line). There is a Metropolis Mall next to the metro station.

whiterussian
04-04-2009, 07:24
Go to Voykovskaya (green metro line). There is a Metropolis Mall next to the metro station.

No and no. Belaya Dacha is the only place to go to in Moscow. It's huge though. You have to be in a really good physical shape to walk this place. Getting there is easy. Half an hour from the center of Moscow. But that's not a problem. It can take you half a DAY to complete the following trip: Obi > McDonalds > Toilet > Stockman > Toilet > Bus stop. Literally, 10 minutes walk from McDonalds to a toilet (providing you know where it is). And there are lots and lots of other places to see there. So, be prepared, you'll have to walk some serious distances there, on foot. I know, I have a dacha in that area, so I visit often. I love this place!!!

alex shifrin
06-04-2009, 16:45
When we finished it last year I was told that this is/was the biggest mall in Europe!

you've referred this place as europe. that's cute.

Willy
06-04-2009, 16:51

Yeah it's much better than Europe!

franzewich
06-04-2009, 21:27

Europe ends at the Ural Mountains! A place where foxes and rabbits sleep with each other!

OuterSpace
06-04-2009, 23:56
No and no. Belaya Dacha is the only place to go to in Moscow. It's huge though. You have to be in a really good physical shape to walk this place. Getting there is easy. Half an hour from the center of Moscow. But that's not a problem. It can take you half a DAY to complete the following trip: Obi > McDonalds > Toilet > Stockman > Toilet > Bus stop. Literally, 10 minutes walk from McDonalds to a toilet (providing you know where it is). And there are lots and lots of other places to see there. So, be prepared, you'll have to walk some serious distances there, on foot. I know, I have a dacha in that area, so I visit often. I love this place!!!

Why NO ?
Have you ever been to Metropolis Shopping Center ? It is near center and just next to Voykovskaya Metro Station

And Stockmann have 3 levels shop in there..

caroo
09-04-2009, 16:09
The one at Voikovskaya really is pretty good. I'd go there.

Benedikt
09-04-2009, 18:01

and when you are there check out the lebanese restaurant.
not often did we eat that good for so little money ( remember i am a chef and know food...):fireworks:

Bourne End
11-07-2009, 17:55
There is one at Bela Dacha Mega Mall on the east of town. there is a bus from Vhkino station but dont know the number

Rhubard Geoff
11-07-2009, 22:48
Metropolis is the most convenient. 2 min walk from the station.

Bourne End
12-07-2009, 13:09
Working out which trans and busses go where can be very difficult
If you use the following web site you can put in two places on the map and gives you the alternatives - bus, tram, metro to get to your destination.

Its hard to find this web site through google

Moscow transport: buses, trolleybuses, trams, shared taxies, subway, trains. (http://msk.rusavtobus.ru/en/)