PDA

View Full Version : CIA: Iraq had no WMD

Fa-Q!
07-10-2004, 11:05
The long-awaited CIA report on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction says former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein did not possess stockpiles of weapons when U.S. invasion began in March 2003.
===========================================
I guess the Bush adminisrtation maybe thought that the world would forget about all the lies they told. Anyone remember Colin Powell's presentation to the UN, highlighting all the evidence of the presence of WMD? The 7 or 8 mobile units they have? What a load of crap! The leaders of the United States of America, our beloved country made fools out of all of us in front of the whole world, not to mention the thousands of murders they've committed. We're supposed to be the good guys. I don't know about ya'lls but I'm one pissed off mf. This administration has done more damage to US foreign policy than all the other blunders in history combined and I'll even go so far as to say George Bush and his evil sidekicks should be tried (and if justice exists, convicted and executed) for treason and crimes against humanity.

Maine Surfer
07-10-2004, 11:07
second that

Ghost
07-10-2004, 11:09
We need another 20 or so threads with this topic before it becomes overkill.

Maine Surfer
07-10-2004, 11:11
I'm pissed off, I need to vent :mad:

Ghost
07-10-2004, 11:21
How many threads do you need to vent in?

Relax, man. Think of calm waves off Southern California.

Fa-Q!
07-10-2004, 11:22
I'm po'd too. Really. Anyway, ghost, I'm not trying to start a discussion, I'm heaving pissed off and just wanted to state my opinion. Not that anyone cares about my opinion. I don't expect 'em to. Nice to know that I'm not alone, though.

Zephyr
07-10-2004, 11:23
Um they're not all that calm right now !

Fa-Q!
07-10-2004, 11:25
This is the first I've posted on the topic, g-dog. I like your idea. Sure miss the Gulf of Mexico...

kak
07-10-2004, 11:29
Originally posted by Fa-Q!
g-dog.

refering to the movie? ;)

Fa-Q!
07-10-2004, 11:34
ghost= g-dog player:D

Maine Surfer
07-10-2004, 11:34
Originally posted by Ghost
How many threads do you need to vent in?

Relax, man. Think of calm waves off Southern California.

mmmmmuuuust...nnnnnot...think...politics

mmmmmuuuust...nnnnnot...think...Bush

Fa-Q!
07-10-2004, 11:37
Yeah. Not much we can do about it, accept vote and it seems to me that it's too late for me to even register. What an idiot I am. I've always adhered to the idea that, if you don't vote, you don't have any right at all to bitch about politics. I think the seriousness of this situation warrants an acception, though.

veejay
07-10-2004, 11:49
Guys...you're not alone...I've been raging pissed for the past 4 years...!!!

FaQ -- where would you vote had you been registered? May not make a difference anyway...!!!

Fa-Q!
07-10-2004, 11:58
absentee ballot. I voted for Bob Dole by absentee ballot from Saratov in '96. He-he. Bob Dole. What the hell was I thinking?! I used to be a hard core Republican.

Evil Ned Kelly
07-10-2004, 11:58
A popular bar had a new robotic bartender installed. It could not only
dispense drinks flawlessly, but also -- like any good bartender -- engage in
appropriate conversation.

So a man enters the bar, orders a drink, the robot serves him a perfectly
prepared cocktail, and then asks him, "What's your IQ?"

The man replies, "150." And the robot proceeds to make conversation about
Quantum physics, string theory, atomic chemistry, and so on.

The customer is very impressed and thinks, "This is really cool." But he
decides to test the robot. He walks out of the bar, turns around, and comes
back in for another drink.

Again, the robot serves him the drink and asks him, "What's your IQ?"

The man responds, "100." And immediately the robot starts talking, but this
time, about football, baseball, cheerleaders, and so on.

Really impressed, the man leaves the bar and decides to give the robot one
more test. He goes back in; the robot serves him and asks, "What's your IQ?"

The man replies, "50."

And the robot says, "So, you gonna vote for Bush again?"

veejay
07-10-2004, 12:01
absentee ballot. I voted for Bob Dole by absentee ballot from Saratov in '94. He-he. Bob Dole. What the hell was I thinking?! I used to be a hard core Republican.

I meant in which state would you be / are you registered to vote? For instance, I theoretically, have 3 states in which I could register to vote. One of which will certainly go democractic, one which will undoubtedly go republican, and one of which is a swing state. I'm voting in the swing state...:-)

What were you thinking voting for Bob Dole? Nevermind policies, the guy couldn't refer to himself in the first person!!! :-)

Fa-Q!
07-10-2004, 12:10
F-L-A baby! Dole actually aint a bad guy. old as dirt, but he's got a sense of humor. I ****in' hate his fat little midget friend, though-Newt Gingrich.

veejay
07-10-2004, 12:13
You should be registered!!! (You already know that...but...!!!!)

My favourite bumper sticker of all time was 'Neuter Newt'. He's an evil, evil man...

Dole may be an alright guy, but his policies were not my cup of tea...Sorry mate.

koba65
09-10-2004, 02:05
The long-awaited CIA report on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction says former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein did not possess stockpiles of weapons when U.S. invasion began in March 2003.
===========================================
I guess the Bush adminisrtation maybe thought that the world would forget about all the lies they told. Anyone remember Colin Powell's presentation to the UN, highlighting all the evidence of the presence of WMD? The 7 or 8 mobile units they have? What a load of crap! The leaders of the United States of America, our beloved country made fools out of all of us in front of the whole world, not to mention the thousands of murders they've committed. We're supposed to be the good guys. I don't know about ya'lls but I'm one pissed off mf. This administration has done more damage to US foreign policy than all the other blunders in history combined and I'll even go so far as to say George Bush and his evil sidekicks should be tried (and if justice exists, convicted and executed) for treason and crimes against humanity.

Interesting quote, but have you read the whole report? You need to read the entire report to get the whole picture about what was going on. BTW, nobody said he had "stockpiles" - said he possessed the capability to produce and may be producing WMD in violation of several UN resolutions - a good deal of them that authorized an armed response to deal with violations (a fact many chose to ignore - what good is the UN when they don't take their own resolutions seriously).

This report is really a bombshell if you read what it purportedly says about the UN's Oil for Food Program and the who, how, and why countries were allowing themselves to be bribed by Saddam who in turn used money from the Oil for Food program to fund his WMD research programs and to buy weaponry and to bribe other countries (3 of which are full time veto-wielding UN SC members) to counter the US/UK efforts to enforce the sanctions. The so-called damage to America's reputation is a moot point anyway - the most vocal critics are from countries who were benefiting from Saddam's bribes - they're hearing/believing what their politicians are telling them and now we know why these politicians were saying such things ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$).

People believe what they want to believe, it's hard to see through the spin if you've already made up your mind on the subject. You've got plenty of Democrats 5 years ago or less saying the same things that Bush said about Iraq (Clinton included, Kerry included [but his positions change with the wind]) and people never questioned their belief about the threat Saddam posed to the region and to the world - why all of a sudden the change? Pure partisan politics.

It will be interesting to see what the history books say about this in the future...

Canadian1979
09-10-2004, 04:42
Republican politicians are liars and cheats........

Republican voters are morons, haters and rednecks.......

Enough said !

David J
09-10-2004, 07:23
Bravo koba!

Canuck79 is typical of someone who has no point to make and thus results to name calling and derision.

One is either for or against the action taken in Iraq. Let's stick to a factual debate and let history decide.

Canadian1979
10-10-2004, 01:55
Originally posted by David J
Let's stick to a factual debate and let history decide.

Here's a fact for you: The world now hates the USA because of Georgie Boy.

David J
10-10-2004, 04:16
It seems as if you already have a grudge against the USA. Once again resorting to derision. Please make a factual point.

Millions of people have been freed from the tyrranical grasp of Sadddam. He can no longer funnel funds to terrorists.

This is a bad thing?

Smurfette
10-10-2004, 04:26
D J, He does, give up.
Why should anyone be surprised at the CIA report? I always assumed that the WMD claim was a load of c*ap anyhow. The only person in the UK governement who seems to have thought that it was a good idea was the one in control, unfortunately.

Agreed Saddam was not a good thing but now there is a society in complete chaos with no competant means of governing a large population - that mess was created by a bunch of over enthusiastic idiots in suits.

No, I don't have any other ideas as a better solution but then I'm not trying to pretend I do. Surely this could have been done a better way - taking the shot the first time around might have been a better plan, at least then he was armed to the teeth with god knows what.

And as for funding terrorists....I don't think the US can really comment on that.

Canadian1979
10-10-2004, 04:45
Originally posted by David J

Millions of people have been freed from the tyrranical grasp of Sadddam. He can no longer funnel funds to terrorists.

1.) How many millions (perhaps billions) live in sub-human conditions because of American foreign policy and meddling?

2.) No Iraqi has commited a terrorist act against the USA. There is no connection between Al-Queda and Saddam. Don't lie!

David J
10-10-2004, 07:52

You really do live in another world.

There is an election happening within days in Afghanistan (where women can vote). They could not under the taliban!

Sadaam's links to terrosrist groups have been proven to be numerous.

Name calling and denial ccannot refute that.

Still, you have a wonderful smile. :)

David J
10-10-2004, 08:37
That was a very intellectual comment! Too Chez.

legspreader
10-10-2004, 13:55
Originally posted by Canadian1979
Here's a fact for you: The world now hates the USA because of Georgie Boy.

no ingorant louts such as yourself will always find something to hate about the us.

the root of it is you are a deeply unhappy and troubled soul. seek help....

quincy
11-10-2004, 03:15
Millions of Iraqis have been freed from a dictator (those in the Sunni triangle might disagree) BUT was that incidental to the project? BTW he only became a "dictator" when he started disobeying the West.

Halyavshik
11-10-2004, 09:40
Originally posted by koba65
Interesting quote, but have you read the whole report? You need to read the entire report to get the whole picture about what was going on.

Koba, have you read it in full ? It's over a thousand pages in length. You either have a lot of free time on your hands or you're a damn fast reader. It came out on the 30th of September.

I've read the CIA's 19 page summary (sorry, that's about all I had time for), and I disagree that there's anything partisan in the--I assume you'd attach the label 'liberal'--press' spin.

It clearly states that everything was in worse array than before 1991. It clearly states that there were NO chemical or nuclear weapons (or delivery systems) and that the capacity to produce them was, for all intents and purposes, non-existant.

The only sections which you seem to regard as "bombshell" were Saddam's abuse of the OfF program, and the subsequent conclusions that he MIGHT or COULD use these illicit funds towards WMD development....

...A contention that, in my humble opinion, is not sufficient basis for a war.

And, actually, it wasn't. Because what angered FaQ was the dishonesty. That was our basis for a pre-emptive strike. Not that he COULD or MIGHT. Run a 'Google' search for quotes on the assertions by the Bush administration that WMD existed, we knew where they were, etc. That's what's most damning if you ask me. The blatant dishonesty.

My two cents.

Fa-Q!
11-10-2004, 10:41
Amanda, you got it right.
Canadian1979, you're the only guy on this site that's a bigger asshole than I.

Col. Brokov
11-10-2004, 15:05
Yo Amanda, you is so right! I am continually surprised that people keep on defending the Bush administration even after it is pretty apparent that they were lying the whole time. Let us all wake up and call a spade a spade. There are NO WMD in Iraq. That means that there weren't any there when Bush and his cronies said that they "knew" that there were WMD. Since this was the reason constantly referred to by the administration for the war, then even a child can see that Bush and his buddies lied about the whole thing to get the war they wanted. Other altruistic reasons aside (such as Saddam being a bad guy, democracy, ect... whatever), they were not the reason we were told we were going to war in the first place. Therefore, we were lead to war by a series of lies!! Plain and simple.
Now, as for these other altruistic reasons people keep bringing up. If Georgie and co. had stood up and instead of ranting and lying about non-existent weapons, but rather told the truth, that Saddam was a bad guy, he was a dictator.... whatever; would you people (meaning those of you who now point these out as positive points of the war) have supported the war on these grounds alone? An honest answer would be appreiciated.