PDA

View Full Version : Teaching techniques

Bonifaciy
30-03-2009, 08:47
Please tell about your teaching techniques (for languages). I`m sure each teacher has his professional secrets and favourite ways for teaching languages. Let`s discuss some traditional and new ways of teaching techniques.:uk::10189:

Bels
03-04-2009, 20:12
Where shall we start? As this is a massive subject. Groups or one to one. Children, teenagers or adults. Beginners or advanced level. Business English, social English or preparation for a specific exam.

Shall we start with classroom management, as this appears to be the most difficult area for many teachers.

AndreyS
03-04-2009, 20:28
Is Business English English, or just vocabulary (and some cliches)?

Bels
04-04-2009, 01:31
Is Business English English, or just vocabulary (and some cliches)?

To me it's learning about Business in the English language. I am not sure if it's any different from business studies in Russia. But most most certainly you learn about the different methods of doing business in different cultures. For example how you do do business in Japan is a different approach from how you would do business in the UK, same as Russia, Arabia, china, India etc, there are different cultures. You will look into how different compnies change for the better, about merging of companies and the takeover of companies and it keeps coming back to the culture of a country and how employees work in a certain country. As students you may welll boardroom debates of diffferent discussions involving your company and coming up with solutions. I must admit my Russian students have found it most interesting.

Yes it's designed as teaching English, with different vocubalary, and yes economic and business vocabulary; And yes its English , but also learning about business. All my students find it most interesting, but yes they were in a business enviorenment at the time. So not to everyones interest, you should already be experiencing this business enviorenment. Yes I love teaching it.

AndreyS
04-04-2009, 10:43
To me it's learning about Business in the English language. I am not sure if it's any different from business studies in Russia. But most most certainly you learn about the different methods of doing business in different cultures. For example how you do do business in Japan is a different approach from how you would do business in the UK, same as Russia, Arabia, china, India etc, there are different cultures. You will look into how different compnies change for the better, about merging of companies and the takeover of companies and it keeps coming back to the culture of a country and how employees work in a certain country. As students you may welll boardroom debates of diffferent discussions involving your company and coming up with solutions. I must admit my Russian students have found it most interesting.

Yes it's designed as teaching English, with different vocubalary, and yes economic and business vocabulary; And yes its English , but also learning about business. All my students find it most interesting, but yes they were in a business enviorenment at the time. So not to everyones interest, you should already be experiencing this business enviorenment. Yes I love teaching it.

Very pithy. Thank you Bels. To say more, my bow to you.

AndreyS
04-04-2009, 10:53
Why I asked about BE - because one British girl, university graduate, once made me laugh by saying: In my opinion BE is just some speciific words. If I need BE, I will study these words and it will be OK. (native speaker said it - LOL)