PDA

View Full Version : A Modest Proposal: Dreckistan

85StonePolarBear
06-10-2004, 15:04
(Apologies to anyone who remembers when I posted this on the old version of the site just after 9-11)

There needs to be a new country created specifically for the terrorists, political extremists, corrupt politicians, criminals, violent psychotics and other elements who cause the rest of us to suffer needlessly, and exacerbate problems that can in many cases be solved by compromise and negotiation. That country should be open to misfits of all stripes, and ruled on a rotation basis by political extremists from different factions and different parts of the world. For instance, Kim Short Dong would be followed in 6 months by bin Laden, who would in turn be succeeded by Le Pen, Pat Buchanan, al-Sadr, Saddam etc. This would ensure a permanent state of civil war, which is what these hooligans enjoy so much. A figurehead monarch should also be established, one who no one can seriously respect - I nominate our very own Cantgetitup 1989. That would create yet another casus belli, rather than serve as a unifying force.

Eventually, every one of these losers and his supporters would be eliminated one way or another. They could enjoy using force against each other, and leave the rest of us alone, so that we can sort out our problems in a civilized manner.

I propose the establishment of this polity either in Antarctica or on a land mass to be created in the Pacific Ocean by tying together a series of garbage barges.

National authorities in each country, and/or the UN or World Court would be responsible for deciding who is eligible for deportation to this nation, which I will tentatively name Dreckistan (the mixture of east and west in the name would be satisfying to no one - yet another casus belli).

trebor
06-10-2004, 15:37
Originally posted by 85StonePolarBear [B
There needs to be a new country created specifically for the terrorists, political extremists, corrupt politicians, criminals, violent psychotics and other elements who cause the rest of us to suffer needlessly....................... [/B]

We tried that in Britain a few centuries back. In fact it was very effective.
It was called Australia!

Filimon
06-10-2004, 15:40
Originally posted by trebor
We tried that in Britain a few centuries back. In fact it was very effective.
It was called Australia!

I agree. It brought a whole new meaning to the expression "correctional facility" :) I mean look at Sydney!

Evil Ned Kelly
07-10-2004, 09:40
C'mon the koala bears they have are pretty cute. That's somewhat redeeming.