PDA

View Full Version : cold flu aids

the Patient
06-10-2004, 13:40
Back in january i had a sexual contact. Now i have a flu or cold, no fewer, no soar throat, just stuffy nose and a cough. I had an aids test back in may, negative, but still...can it be aids?

Ghost
06-10-2004, 13:45
First of all, let's discuss each seperately - as they are, almost 100% NOT related.

The sexual contact: Did you protect yourself, ie condom? If you did, you should be relatively safe from HIV. If you are a man, then your chances of contracting HIV are even slimmer than a woman's, but the condom is key. If you did not, you should redo your HIV test anyway. You should also beat yourself over the head with a bat repeatedly for having unprotected sex with a casual partner.

Relating to the cold, I've been sick more in Moscow than I have in my entire life, and I've only been here about 10 months. Try Immunal - people here recommended it to me and I've not been sick since I've began using it in the beginning of the summer.

But a headcold is not related to HIV :)

I hope this isn't a windup.

-Ghost

85StonePolarBear
06-10-2004, 14:40
Immunal indeed - plus megadoses of C. My single, solitary annual cold (such a low frequency is thanks to the echinacea which I never remember to use regularly and the C which I do) seems to be exactly what you are mentioning - just stuffy nose and a cough. Must be the particular cold virus which goes around here.

HIV - see a qualified doctor to discuss your concerns. I'm not going there.