PDA

View Full Version : Psychopath Test

MickeyTong
21-03-2009, 16:26
Read this question, come up with an answer and then scroll down to the bottom for the result. This is not a trick question. It is as it reads. No one I know has got it right.

A woman, while at the funeral of her own mother, met a guy whom she did not know. She thought this guy was amazing. She believed him to be her dream guy so much, that she fell in love with him right there, but didn't ask for his number and could not find him.

A few days later she killed her sister.

Question: Why did she kill her sister?

[Give this some thought before you answer]

Answer:

She was hoping the guy would appear at the funeral again.

If you answered this correctly, you think like a psychopath. This was a test by a famous American psychologist used to test if one has the same mentality as a killer. Many arrested serial killers took part in the test and answered the question correctly.

If you didn't answer the question correctly, good for you.

If you got the answer correct, please let me know so I can take you off my email list.

RRM
21-03-2009, 16:40
Read this question, come up with an answer and then scroll down to the bottom for the result. This is not a trick question. It is as it reads. No one I know has got it right.

A woman, while at the funeral of her own mother, met a guy whom she did not know. She thought this guy was amazing. She believed him to be her dream guy so much, that she fell in love with him right there, but didn't ask for his number and could not find him.

Answer:

If you answered this correctly, you think like a psychopath. This was a test by a famous American psychologist used to test if one has the same mentality as a killer. Many arrested serial killers took part in the test and answered the question correctly.

If you got the answer correct, please let me know so I can take you off my email list.

I got it correctly but I never killed anyone.

AndreyS
21-03-2009, 16:40
I thought she found out that her sister was in a liaison with him.

MickeyTong
21-03-2009, 16:45

Not yet.................

robertmf

... give it time ...

:agree:

MickeyTong
Speak to your doctor NOW

AndreyS
21-03-2009, 16:47
Oh, RRM, your fate is unenviable - right now Mickey is putting you on his ignore list.

AndreyS
21-03-2009, 16:49
And your result, Rob?

Willy
21-03-2009, 17:13

You mean yet.

MickeyTong
21-03-2009, 17:17
It's unanimous, then. RRM is dangerous.....

YouTube- TALKING HEADS

MissAnnElk
21-03-2009, 17:29
Réalisant mon espoir,
Je me lance vers la gloire!

MickeyTong
21-03-2009, 17:32
Réalisant mon espoir,
Je me lance vers la gloire!

Yeah, whatever, I'll take your word for that, or something.

Gabrielle Byrne is the dog's bollocks.

J.D.
21-03-2009, 17:35
You don't have to be a psychopath to know that it is your sister who is responsible for most of the problems in your life. I agree that the sister was probably not responsible for losing this guy, but even if she wasn't responsible for this particular problem I'm sure there were plenty of other ones that she was responsible for.

Willy
21-03-2009, 17:48
You don't have to be a psychopath to know that it is your sister who is responsible for most of the problems in your life. I agree that the sister was probably not responsible for losing this guy, but even if she wasn't responsible for this particular problem I'm sure there were plenty of other ones that she was responsible for.

Who'd a thunk it, two on one forum.

MickeyTong
21-03-2009, 17:49
I don't have a sister

alterego
21-03-2009, 18:02
I don't have a sister

Anymore?

MickeyTong
21-03-2009, 18:09
Anymore?

Not even in the beginning.

J.D.
21-03-2009, 18:30
Who'd a thunk it, two on one forum.

Two psycho types or two gulllible types?

Matt24
21-03-2009, 18:46
I don't have a sister

so who's skirt are you wearing?

MickeyTong
21-03-2009, 18:49
but you do have a very possessive mother imago.... she really really disciplined you and now she is there... controlling you. :agree:

Mr M.....you are sooooo amazing.

She was a Scorpion. And when I was born the Moon in conjunction with Uranus was rising......

MickeyTong
21-03-2009, 18:51

You cut me deep, boy, you cut me deep.

is4fun
21-03-2009, 19:10
As I did get the answer wrong, would I still be considered a psychopath if I now wished for the sister's death? I hate being wrong!:11581:

franzewich
21-03-2009, 19:12
I have known this test before and tried it on a whole bunch of people; although I myself would have never come up with the idea that somebody would possibly kill a kin to meet someone again, it was amazing how many people - even liberal minds! - came up with the "correct" answer! So I don't think this "test" is very representative.

is4fun
21-03-2009, 19:16
I have known this test before and tried it on a whole bunch of people; although I myself would have never come up with the idea that somebody would possibly kill a kin to meet someone again, it was amazing how many people - even liberal minds! - came up with the "correct" answer! So I don't think this "test" is very representative.

It does sound more like a riddle than an acual psychological experiment. I mean logically, would there be any other way to find this lost love?

AndreyS
21-03-2009, 19:17

What if it still is?

Korkelia
21-03-2009, 19:27

No... :-) good for you

MickeyTong
21-03-2009, 19:30
No... :-) good for you

I'm OK, my doctor told me.

is4fun
21-03-2009, 19:31

I thought your the doctor? Oh no!

Korkelia
21-03-2009, 19:34

Will it be the same doctor who gave you this test?

MickeyTong
21-03-2009, 19:44
I thought your the doctor? Oh no!
Even doctors have doctors, who, themselves, have doctors who have their own doctors....ad infinitum.

MickeyTong
21-03-2009, 19:45
Will it be the same doctor who gave you this test?
I can't remember.....
YouTube- The Black Crowes - Everybody Must Get Stoned (Live Cover)

(yt, especially for Maurice)

is4fun
21-03-2009, 19:47
Even doctors have doctors, who, themselves, have doctors who have their own doctors....ad infinitum.

I guess I should've become a doctor. Your probably pretty healthy. LOL

is4fun
21-03-2009, 19:49
................as you cant or couldn`t kill her.... symbolically speaking, you rationalize this hatred as a form of analysis.... anyway you cant stand these type of women... can be your friends but emotionally speaking these women meant trouble for you.

Now not, now you dont need them, but you miss her....

Scorpio *phallus*
Moon *water* water *womb* womb *mama*
Uranus *castrated father* castrated father *impotence* impotence *rationalization*

Pretty weird MM.

AndreyS
21-03-2009, 19:49

Do you mean doctors can fall ill like us?

MickeyTong
21-03-2009, 19:58
Do you mean doctors can fall ill like us?
Hell, no. We're a paradigm of normality. (I think)

MickeyTong
21-03-2009, 20:01
................as you cant or couldn`t kill her.... symbolically speaking, you rationalize this hatred as a form of analysis.... anyway you cant stand these type of women... can be your friends but emotionally speaking these women meant trouble for you.

Scorpio *phallus*
Uranus *castrated father* castrated father *impotence* impotence *rationalization*

You doctrinaire Jungian......

Matt24
21-03-2009, 20:14
You cut me deep, boy, you cut me deep.

I apologize for any pain or angst caused you by my previous posting, carry on the good work

MickeyTong
21-03-2009, 20:19
I apologize for any pain or angst caused you by my previous posting, carry on the good work
OK.....follow my prescription: 2 snorts, 3 hot knives and some loud music - wipes out every problem.

franzewich
21-03-2009, 20:26
It does sound more like a riddle than an acual psychological experiment. I mean logically, would there be any other way to find this lost love?

If BOTH of them had been in love with EACH OTHER, and IF her sister had been in their way, than maybe! But would anybody in his/her sane mind kill a sibling upon a vague hope? Keep in mind: she could not know whether he would share her love!

There are interpretations of this riddle (yes, I see it the same way as you) in the internet. Psychologists say that a "healthy mind" would draw a cause between the man, her sister AND the reason of her mother's death; one possible "normal" conclusion would be that her mother killed herself because she loved that very man (otherwise why would he have shown up at her funeral?) and lost him to her daughter, the murderer's sister. So she took revenge on her sister (the man she could not find again) because she was very close with her mother. Doesn't that make more sense?

MickeyTong
21-03-2009, 20:30
But would anybody in his/her sane mind kill a sibling upon a vague hope? Keep in mind: she could not know whether he would share her love!

A psychopath would have no doubt. They are 100% or nothing.

MickeyTong
21-03-2009, 20:40
Anyway....here's some more Black Crowes ('cos I like them and Maurice wants anothe yt vid) doing an Otus Redding tune.

YouTube- The Black Crowes - Hard To Handle

MissAnnElk
21-03-2009, 22:21
I adore the Black Crowes . . .

This is their best, I think . . .

YouTube- The Black Crowes - She talks to angels

Love those skinny rock 'n rollers in black . . .

Zhenulka
21-03-2009, 22:35

If BOTH of them had been in love with EACH OTHER, and IF her sister had been in their way, than maybe! But would anybody in his/her sane mind kill a sibling upon a vague hope? Keep in mind: she could not know whether he would share her love!

There are interpretations of this riddle (yes, I see it the same way as you) in the internet. Psychologists say that a "healthy mind" would draw a cause between the man, her sister AND the reason of her mother's death; one possible "normal" conclusion would be that her mother killed herself because she loved that very man (otherwise why would he have shown up at her funeral?) and lost him to her daughter, the murderer's sister. So she took revenge on her sister (the man she could not find again) because she was very close with her mother. Doesn't that make more sense?

Sounds more like a free interpretation of a sick mind than a clasical logical paradigm to me.

Scorpio *phallus*

You doctrinaire Jungian......

Sounds more like a verbal diarrhea than any kind of authoritative analysis.

MickeyTong
22-03-2009, 00:02
Sounds more like a verbal diarrhea than any kind of authoritative analysis.

Quite....:11629:

Korotky Gennady
22-03-2009, 00:14

Answer:

.Good for me... I thought that she did it becoz as it turned out this guy was the husband of her sister... And she decided that it was not a good thing.

It was the first thing that came to my head.

But anyway i hope that she has only one sister.

RRM
22-03-2009, 06:19
Good for me... I thought that she did it becoz as it turned out this guy was the husband of her sister... And she decided that it was not a good thing.

It was the first thing that came to my head.

But anyway i hope that she has only one sister.

Since you didnt answer correctly, Mickey feels safer in this community.

Korotky Gennady
22-03-2009, 21:08
Mickey, i want to ask you... could she do it just for fun... or simpllly becoz she was bored ?

MickeyTong
22-03-2009, 21:11
A psychopath could do it just for fun, or out of boredom.

Korotky Gennady
22-03-2009, 21:15
Aaaa....

So they have no moral limits in their actions... yeah ?

MickeyTong
22-04-2009, 02:58
Aaaa....

So they have no moral limits in their actions... yeah ?

Their morals are 100% egocentric

ankaf
17-04-2010, 13:32
Speak to your doctor NOW

I agree :))

FatAndy
17-04-2010, 13:42
Their morals are 100% egocentric - oooopsss... Then I am ;)

Swordfish90293
17-04-2010, 21:12
Film maker John Waters lectures regularly at prisons in the U.S. His comments to the assembly of convicts includes a dialog that goes " ..the only difference between you murderers, rapists, robbers and sex offenders and us on the outside is that, although we both think about performing these crimes, you went ahead with it...'

Moskauerin
19-04-2010, 16:22
It's a strange test. I couldn't make head or tail of it at first. The only idea that came to my mind was: she could kill her sister out of jealosy so that she (her sister) would not fall in love with that man. But that's absurd anyway. Doesn't look like a very good and efficient test for proving such serious things as psychopathology.

MickeyTong
19-04-2010, 18:10
Doesn't look like a very good and efficient test for proving such serious things as psychopathology.

It isn't used as a diagnostic tool.

kareem1506
11-05-2010, 18:15
thanks a lot

nbogaard
11-05-2010, 19:53

We already discussed it on another thread, he's bringing his kilt but has promised to refrain from any bagpiping.

rivombreuse
24-09-2011, 13:55
I also thaught there was a relationship between the guy and her. :agree:

FatAndy
24-09-2011, 14:01
Necromancia...:D Closed!

Nicole
27-11-2011, 04:44
So did I, or something along those lines.

Jas
17-08-2012, 01:38
I dunno. I think though it must be that she found out that the sister and the man were working together to get the mother's house and stuff. Maybe they killed the mother. Next? The man sprung his trap by appearing at the funeral and his plan (aided by the sister), was to lure her and kill her like they had killed her mum. Maybe it's land they want perhaps, or money in a bank.
Next?
Somehow she discovered that the sister and this man were plotting against her. She couldn't find the man, but the plot was all carefully arranged anyhow.
Only thing she cud do? Yes, this was to kill her sister who was a bad person as such, involved in a conspiracy, and plotting to kill her- so only option was what? This was to strike first.
Maybe she couldn't get to the police cos of circumstances, so she was in a corner and had to fight her way out before that man who was at the funeral arrived.
So she's not a psycho in any way. She did something good which was to stop herself getting attacked and to avenge also her mum.
Later, police wud come and catch this man cos she cud give a description and she wud walk away with no problems and no shame on her name also.
This is what I think.

Jas
17-08-2012, 01:42
Mmm, I checked the answer Mickey and I got it rong but it's ok to be wrong as it means I'm normal.

Lost in moscow
17-08-2012, 02:23
I actually got it right.................................and it was the first answer that I thought of......then I let my mind go wild after I started reading the replies before checking the answer........................................................................................

but that was a no brainier, she met him at her mother's funeral, and it made sense she would need another family member's death to see him again.....

Nothing else fit, if it was her sister's husband, then her mother's funeral wouldn't have been the first time she saw him.

But for the record, I don't suffer from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behavior. But ok....

MickeyTong
17-08-2012, 02:45
I got it right, too. My job has done strange things to my mind :)

PeteD
17-08-2012, 02:54
Well.... Maybe it means I'm not normal, whatever that may mean, but... I thought my answer was reasonable, plausible, logical.....

I thought that the woman killed her sister because she felt that her sister was responsible for her mother's death, either through matricide or some other "justification method".

I thought that she did this "while the balance of her mind was disturbed" (your Honour), as a result of the trauma of her mother's recent death and consequent funeral, compounded by the extra-emotional overload by the experience of meeting the stranger at the aforementioned funeral.

Lost in moscow
17-08-2012, 03:14
I got it right, too. My job has done strange things to my mind :)

is your job a secret? I might just fit right in

Inola
17-08-2012, 11:29
These days I see a strange tendency - people rake out threads buried a couple of years ago and start posting something in reply... Well, searching forums for information you need or answers to questions that have almost certainly been treated before sounds logical. You just think of key words and use them in the search engine...

Now what exactly should one think of this particular thread (though quite interesting) but having key words, such as PSYCHOPATH, resurging again? Just wondering...

Swordfish90293
17-08-2012, 11:38
I can't seem to face up to the facts...I'm tense and nervous and I can't relax. I can't sleep 'cause my bed's on fire...Don't touch me I'm a real live wire...

psycho killer the original - YouTube