PDA

View Full Version : Unemployment Benefits

NoComment
20-03-2009, 17:45
Hello, I'm writing an article about unemployment in Russia and am trying to find a Russian who is currently receiving unemployment benefits. If you are, or know someone who is, could you please get in touch? Thank you.

Korotky Gennady
21-03-2009, 01:41
I know one girl who is going to be fired since the 1th April. But she told me that they said that she will not get the benefits... Are benefits the money they pay you when you are fired... yeah ? She is working in MTS company.

Qdos
21-03-2009, 12:35
My understanding is you get a preportion of your salary replaced for up to six months; but that it will depend on length of employment service, payment of past taxes, having the right paperwork, registration, blah, blah, yada...

All in all there ain't really a welfare system you can compare to anywhere in the west, which is why you often see babooshkas collecting cartons and old aluminium tins from rubbish bins and subways to get a few extra kopeks that will supplement their almost non-existant state pensions... :focus:

NoComment
23-03-2009, 01:59
Hello and thank you. I'm looking for someone who gets unemployment benefits from the state (пособие по безработнице), not the company that has fired them. If you know of anyone, please do let me know!

Ghostly Presence
23-03-2009, 10:23
If you are located in Russia your best bet would be to find the address of the nearest unemployment office (whatever it is officially called) and talk to the people you find there. I seriously doubt that any Russian on this forum would be receiving such benefits. I get the impression that people here are mostly well-educated and would rather spend their time looking for another job, in case they are laid off, rather than wasting numerous hours with state bureaucracy to get pennies in exchange for all their efforts.