PDA

View Full Version : How do I get my post count up so I can post ads?

TD
12-03-2009, 06:34
New to the forums? Want to post some ads in the Marketplace, but need to have a minimum number of posts? Here's a few suggestions to help you get your count up to the 5 post minimum:

1. Say hello in Introductions (http://www.expat.ru/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=105), and welcome other people who have posted there.

2. Tell us how you found the site in this thread (http://www.expat.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=86083)

3. Post a joke or something amusing in The Local Pub (http://www.expat.ru/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)

4. Join one of the scintillating conversations in the Expat Cafe (http://www.expat.ru/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)

5. Ask a question or give an answer in Information (http://www.expat.ru/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=77)

6. Share an event or find one to attend in Local Events (http://www.expat.ru/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=178)

7. Hop up on your soapbox and solve the world's problems in Current Affairs (http://www.expat.ru/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)

Unsure about how to post & reply to threads? Have a look here (http://www.expat.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=59202)

Please note that posts in the "Practice Area" do not count towards your total. If you are a long standing member who has only ever posted in the Marketplace area in the past and not on the forums, you may find that your post count is still at "0". Also, creating empty posts such as "Post 1", "Post 2", etc. for the express purpose of getting around the minimum isn't going to win you brownie points with the mod team and such posts will be deleted immediately - the whole purpose of this requirement is to encourage participation in the community as a prerequisite to using the site to sell & promote things.

Nixie Ormand
01-04-2009, 02:20
Thanx a lot!
But I've got 6 posts already and they still don't give me the access for posting in 'jobs' section... :(

TD
13-04-2009, 15:39
Thanx a lot!
But I've got 6 posts already and they still don't give me the access for posting in 'jobs' section... :(

I suspect you might be trying to post in the Marketplace preview area - this is a mirror of what is actually in the Marketplace, and is for reading only. Have a look HERE (http://www.expat.ru/forum/marketplace-help/56466-read-me-first.html) for more information.

Willy
09-06-2009, 13:13
Thanx a lot!

Try this!

:nut::rolleyes::yikes::rasta:

summerseve
11-06-2009, 16:02
Thanks for the tips!

NYkr
27-06-2009, 08:48
I have over 6 posts and can't use the English Lesson forum. It is just busy-work.

You forced me to go RedTape because of your new redtape.

Judge
27-06-2009, 10:00
I have over 6 posts and can't use the English Lesson forum. It is just busy-work.

I'll check with the admins.
You have more than enough posts to place ads in this forum.It seems that you didn't have any problems posting ads for the last 3 months.Some of your old ads are still running

I'll check with the admins.

Willy
27-06-2009, 10:04

Go head but more people will see and respond to your post here.

As many people post here as people that visit there.

TD
29-06-2009, 03:46

Its a legitimate measure to discourage spammers. Or spam rate has dropped by 100% since this was implemented so it would seem to be working. The forums are a free resource for everyone to use - the marketplace is a free resource for members of our community. A member of our community is defined as someone who has made at least five posts anywhere on the forums with the exception of the practice area.

If you are having problems posting, please send me a PM and I will look into it for you.

braunmar
03-07-2009, 17:08
I am new in this site and am not able to understand as to how post on forums and marketplace. Could anybody help me with this?
Thanks.

Judge
03-07-2009, 17:19
I am new in this site and am not able to understand as to how post on forums and marketplace. Could anybody help me with this?
Thanks.

See the first post in this thread..

Willy
06-07-2009, 18:51
+1

eu2008
11-08-2009, 11:48
Its a legitimate measure to discourage spammers. Or spam rate has dropped by 100% since this was implemented so it would seem to be working. The forums are a free resource for everyone to use - the marketplace is a free resource for members of our community. A member of our community is defined as someone who has made at least five posts anywhere on the forums with the exception of the practice area.

If you are having problems posting, please send me a PM and I will look into it for you.

but on the other hand you now make users to place absolutely useless posts in order to get access to Lessons.

I would be glad to send an sms and pay you a dollar or so to prove I am not a spammer then spending time placing useless posts :-(

Bels
11-08-2009, 13:50
but on the other hand you now make users to place absolutely useless posts in order to get access to Lessons.

I would be glad to send an sms and pay you a dollar or so to prove I am not a spammer then spending time placing useless posts :-(

The real issue here is that the advertising here is a privelige for people who are members or who have a genuine interest in joining expat.ru as a participating member.

Why on earth would a teacher working in Russia want to write useless posts in a forum of which is relevant to them. Also simply pasting a free add and disappearing doesn't work here, as you are not allowed to give personal telephone numbers and emails. You need to pop back here constantly and read your PM,s for answers on a regular basis.

Free adverts are for participating individual members of expat.ru (I think ) :)

TD
15-08-2009, 05:50
Free adverts are for participating individual members of expat.ru (I think ) :)

Quite right! :11629:

Qdos
16-08-2009, 11:55
Any posts which I notice have been added to this thread, made by new members "and which imply they've posted just to take the mickey out of the five post rule" will be moved to the practice area - where there is sadly no postcount credit... :)

The rules of poetic justice shall prevail... :badclown:

Ageyk
22-09-2009, 18:47
Forum rules became very difficult for a blondy :))

Bels
22-09-2009, 19:09
forum rules became very difficult for a blondy :))

lol :)

lorie
28-09-2009, 14:54
:agree:

Willy
28-09-2009, 17:32
:rofl:

Bels
28-09-2009, 23:01
I am no longer seeing this view from the other side as I am no longer a new member.

But I am hoping that a balance of welcoming guests to be members here, and some form of security against spammers and those who wish to abuse the idea of joining us and becoming members of expat.ru

Because that's what I believe that is what aforum is all about. And I am sorry on looking at some early posters views when they were advertising themselves, feeling that they feel forced to introduce temselves. I am sorry I wouldn't feel that way if I was joining an excellent forum, I would feel that as an honour. And then to be accepted as member I would feel great to be part of a number one forum. What on erath is wrong with it , if you really do want to be part of us. Expat.ru is not asking for much.

J.Sears
01-10-2009, 01:01
I want to post in the jobs section too :(

Bels
01-10-2009, 20:38
I want to post in the jobs section too :(

I see you have already done that by posting yourself as an EFL teacher in the lessons section, and welldone.

You could also benefit yourself by responding to the introduction thread you made introducing yourself as an EFL teacher. Everybody want help you and others in similar situations. There are now many EFL teachers in Russia, some seeking employment, some seeking private work or both. Let us help each other.

What I suggest you do. Respond to your introduction thread, as it's yours to control, and you will gain friends there who are in a similar situation as you. Also read the teachers' folder section and perhaps join the welcome teachers' directory. It will all give work for you.

For example I am piled up with private work, and also have the satisfaction of refusing schools with such statements as name your price :) And it feels great to say NO! :)

Kvartiraokhotnik
03-10-2009, 14:58
For example I am piled up with private work, and also have the satisfaction of refusing schools with such statements as name your price :) And it feels great to say NO! :)

No is my favourite word. :agree:

My advice is try advertising on some of the russian sites for private teachers - you get lots of replies there, and good offers. Here you seem to get the bottom end of the market.

Bels
03-10-2009, 15:17
No is my favourite word. :agree:

My advice is try advertising on some of the russian sites for private teachers - you get lots of replies there, and good offers. Here you seem to get the bottom end of the market.

Do you mean for teachers or students?
Of course as a student there is no need to advertise as you will find them also advertising on these sites and newspapers like I do. But we are here to promote our forum.

Same goes for teachers advertising, and I am sure they all know full well that they can't depend on just expat.ru for all their student requirements. especially if they teach privately fulltime. The majority of my students respond from local advertising and word of mouth. Some from Russian language classified forums.

But this is a good site if you are a teacher who is prepared to travel all over Moscow, and not be in the western region like I am.

uncle hippo
06-10-2009, 21:48
why does it take so much effort to do a new post on this Expat.ru?

Bels
06-10-2009, 21:59
why does it take so much effort to do a new post on this Expat.ru?

What do you want to do? You have already posted five. Do you want to be a member of a community, and a forum? What's so hard as you have done it already.

Perhaps you can tell new members your experience of doing. Did you find it so hard. All I have to find is look at your previous post to find out if you found it difficult. Most definately the easiest start would be to introduce yourself as you won't fail there, as you certainly receive response to get you started. And believe we members respect response and not pastings with no response to their threads. Infact we hate it when you don't respond.

savva
20-10-2009, 10:22
Hello!

I have got 6 posts already, but I don't understand how i can read PM. I see notifications in right side of the screen but I can't read them.

Sorry for my English.

nura2007
25-10-2009, 00:32
i have the same problem - more then 5 posts and nothing. it 's a pity

Bels
25-10-2009, 16:06
i have the same problem - more then 5 posts and nothing. it 's a pity

You have currently made five posts. Try one more. What do you want to do after your six posts?

I have also PMd you and the message went through succesful. I did the same for Savva. There appears to no problems and everything is working normal from my side.

PMs are easy and were easy for me on my first post here. Top right hand corner click your notifications. If nothing happens it's because you have no pms. I'm going to to assume that admin gives you a welcome as a new message with brief instructions and links to try ot on this forum automatically when you become a member. But I don't know because I've been here too long. But it would be logical.

Bels
25-10-2009, 16:10
Hello!

I have got 6 posts already, but I don't understand how i can read PM. I see notifications in right side of the screen but I can't read them.

Sorry for my English.

Let's give it a try. I have sent you a pm. Can you read it?

Click the top notifications, there will be a menu drop card, any thing new to click will be highlighted. Yes it takes getting used to but you will get there.

Olga Pazhina
06-11-2009, 00:20
Thanks for the tips):10806:

STFW1971
15-11-2009, 20:34
found you lot on google :11581:

Ivan Photographer
17-11-2009, 11:21
Expat seems to be a very unique and amazing community, I am very glad I joined it!
Originally heard about it from my American friends:))

jet_2008raj
23-11-2009, 16:12
:wavey:hi this is a wonderfull site to find your intrest.

Bels
20-12-2009, 21:06
Bit annoying the five posts rule

Why? You join a forum. You post and and make threads of your interest of your chosen forum. The purpose and interest of normal members who have joined, is to communicate within a certain community. That is what a forum is all about. The posting you make is your privelidge on being a member. You can't post without being a member. That common rule applies to all forums.

So what is your problem. you become a member, and you are allowed to post and communicate within the forum. So what other purpose might you have.

To me it is common sense. You are joining an expat forum comunity, not a place to drop off your ads and disappear. Besides such ads don't work here, as nobody here trusts small poster advertisers who disappear and don't respond here back properly. Once you advertise, you must respond within the forum, otherwise nobody here will trust what you are advertising. Do you understand me? We go for recommendations here. Understood!

ilker46
01-01-2010, 17:10
Thanks.
:trooper:

Bels
01-01-2010, 20:51
Thanks.

You have just posted. What more do you want to know? You currently have made two posts. Answer me and you would have made your third posting.

TD
01-01-2010, 21:36
Thanks.

What is it that you need help with? Looks like you are posting just fine so far :sunny:

If you have any questions we are more than happy to answer them...

Bels
01-01-2010, 21:53
This is a uestion several new members have asked over the years.And it has to be clarified. Perhaps other members can help. What is so complicated about this forum? I found it very easy to handle when I joined, but yes I needed to to give myself bearings. to know the site. But to be honest with you, this forum is one of the simplest forums to follow.

But if we can get feedback of where new members have problems with posting And making a new thread we would be most gratefull.

First of all you must understand the above boldened words posting and making a new thread Do you understand this terminoligy? Because if you do ? Click and you are on your way.

evaontheneva
11-03-2010, 00:04
My posts according to statistics are 15, but I was kicked out after spending some 30 minutes writing my ad! Why I do not understand.

TD
11-03-2010, 08:38
there is a time limit on creating a new post - not sure exactly what it is, but 30 minutes is a long time

if you plan on writing a lengthly post like that I suggest composing it in a text program and then pasting it into a post when you are ready

if this happens again, hit the "back" button, and most times your text will still be there

kolyan348
22-03-2010, 14:36
"Why on earth would a teacher working in Russia want to write useless posts in a forum of which is relevant to them."

I think the point is that the person in question wants to use the LESSONS forum and not waste time posting jokes in the local pub, as you suggest.

Bels
22-03-2010, 20:20
Could you please express you argument further. We are all members and expats or English speaking and expats of different professions, and have many differences of experiences living in Russia. We all live here in Russia.

So please, what is your point of argument?

"Why on earth would a teacher working in Russia want to write useless posts in a forum of which is relevant to them."

I think the point is that the person in question wants to use the LESSONS forum and not waste time posting jokes in the local pub, as you suggest.

jps762
06-05-2010, 23:42
Actually the guy has a point, and you know that thanks to the idiotic visa laws teachers really need to work overtime. If you put up a classified section, you should expect people who want to put up ads. The implied message is that this place has a section for doing business. Why should they engage in unrelated conversations with others? It doesn't seem like it's such a terrible slight to the forum if people come on here to use a specific section for its normal, intended function.

Judge
07-05-2010, 00:07
The 5 post rule is in place to stop spammers..We used to have a big problem with spammers but ever since this rule we haven't had a problem with spammers..

rabotaru
24-05-2010, 18:19
im new to expat.ru...hope it will help in my stay in moscow..

OLGUTA
10-07-2010, 09:55
i have just registered but can not understand how an what can i do to accumulate 5 posts!when i tried to make the instruction fo this 5 posts it appeared ''''invalid'''or this page can not be opened''

corz
23-07-2010, 16:03
new here in expat.ru;):watching:

Willy
23-07-2010, 21:28
Say what?

Hellfire
02-08-2010, 17:33
Good idea! So many sites are spoiled by spammers.

Willy
03-08-2010, 12:57
I like spam!

YouTube- Monty Python - Spam

canadian
03-08-2010, 14:46
While it stops spam, it also prevents some of us from reaching out lol

Willy
03-08-2010, 14:49
While it stops spam, it also prevents some of us from reaching out lol

What do you mean?

bibirinka
10-08-2010, 20:43
i think this 5 things help anyway)

cannonyoucan
23-08-2010, 15:50
thanks

cannonyoucan
23-08-2010, 15:50
the answer

Willy
23-08-2010, 16:07
the answer

You've just stumbled on it.

cannonyoucan
23-08-2010, 16:08
Thanx a lot!

i am in the same position, got 6 posts and still won't let me post adds

cannonyoucan
23-08-2010, 16:09
The 5 post rule is in place to stop spammers..We used to have a big problem with spammers but ever since this rule we haven't had a problem with spammers..

how do non-spammers get past the 5 post rule? i have posted more than 5 posts and can't post an add...

Willy
23-08-2010, 16:28
how do non-spammers get past the 5 post rule? i have posted more than 5 posts and can't post an add...

If first you don't succeed, try, try again.

markusinmoscow
28-09-2010, 22:18
practice makes perfect, as the saying goes … :-)

markusinmoscow
28-09-2010, 22:20
If first you don't succeed, try, try again.

maybe the webmasters have to activate everything manually? I had to wait for my confirmation a few days… it feels like being in a club!

markusinmoscow
28-09-2010, 22:21
trouble is that because of this rule, people will "hijack" threads just to get their 5 messages, so the average quality might go down, especially when you're in a hurry to post something!

markusinmoscow
28-09-2010, 22:23
is there any other way to post a "wanted"-ad to marketplace? *sigh*

markusinmoscow
28-09-2010, 22:25
I even feel tempted to post a link to facebook.com on the site-recommendation-site just to complete the 5 posts, but I guess people know it already. … ok, sorry, that should do it...

Manel Doval
03-10-2010, 15:06
Native Spanish teacher with experience in the secondary schools with differents university degrees and university titles to teach Spanish language as abrod language (one of them supervising by Instituto Cervantes) ofers some courses for one student (or two with discount in the price). The most convenient place for us and the timetable can be agreed, including the weekend. All levels

Eulenfuchs
13-10-2010, 18:50
Does anybody know where in Moscow I could get a brazilian waxing? and how it works there, I mean, do I need an appointment, what are the prices, do they have an website, what are the russian names for the different cuts (Hollywood cut, Triangle, Stripe etc.)?

thanks for every answer
lena

Luiz Carlos
14-10-2010, 03:41
Quite right! :11629:
So, I do go home

amaia2213
09-11-2010, 12:16
hi all!

thanks for your advice, in clase any of you is looking for and apartment in moscow, don't hesitate to contact me! 0079035931783

laura92lopez
09-11-2010, 12:36
it is quiter hard to get the posts up =(

ValerieE
28-11-2010, 20:14
Thanks for the useful tips!

ArtemG
08-12-2010, 10:58
I love this site

dupontel
18-01-2011, 13:08
I have heard by friends that expat is great to meet people!! let's hope for the best!!!

sajithazuheer
17-02-2011, 20:55
hai every body

supersheep
05-03-2011, 18:27
hmm half of these links don't work :/

bs292
09-03-2011, 17:36
thanks for the tip :)

EVM
15-03-2011, 17:17
Thanks, but Your suggestions are not available...:confused1::

Irene
17-03-2011, 12:27
+1

Asta
23-04-2011, 21:05
I just want to find an apartment, but this site is so complicated to use. I'm just trying to get 5 posts, but how?

chrisk
25-04-2011, 04:20
thank you for the info!

Krisse401
26-04-2011, 16:46
I dont know

Pele Gomes
01-05-2011, 13:55
I just want to find an apartment, but this site is so complicated to use. I'm just trying to get 5 posts, but how?

I'm trying to figure it out myself for the last half hour, but still no results. I need an apartment too but can figure how to get these 5 sweeeeet post..

Pele Gomes
01-05-2011, 14:23
I'm trying to figure it out myself for the last half hour, but still no results. I need an apartment too but can figure how to get these 5 sweeeeet post..

Hi! I finally figured how to get my 5 posts. All you have to do it post 5 messages in any of the categories . You get a point for every post, so with 5 messages you get the required 5 post.. That's easy, hope this messages is of any use to anyone. Cheers!!

FatAndy
04-05-2011, 13:44
Exactly. But posts, not empty spaces like twothreeonesix tries ;)

Hi! I finally figured how to get my 5 posts. All you have to do it post 5 messages in any of the categories . You get a point for every post, so with 5 messages you get the required 5 post.. That's easy, hope this messages is of any use to anyone. Cheers!!

Achi
05-05-2011, 10:10
"How do I get my post count up so I can post ads?"

You may post something in this theme. And it will make 4 posts required haha.

JoJo
10-05-2011, 17:18
Bit confused myself about how to post.

In lieu of finding the right way to post :-) Moving to Moscow in a couple months and wanting to know if I should bring winter clothes with or buy there?

Mirko78
11-05-2011, 13:53
useful thread! :tongue:

sonbek
14-05-2011, 14:14

Hi, I thought the same - and I still think it is so complicated to use - I remember the old site it seemed a lot easier. I have a flat on offer but it will only be available in September or thereabouts and I will post it on site nearer the time. I am also trying to get my 5 posts. I just picketd a thread, eg yours , logged in and here we go, good luck with your apartment, . I have my own place which I bought years ago which I'd like to rent out while I go abroad. :11088::D
best,
Sasha

sonbek
14-05-2011, 14:32
none of the links work when you are trying to post except thread - this site is awful

sonbek
14-05-2011, 14:37
Thanks for the clarification, but getting round this site for idiots like myself is burdensome and frustrating to say the least. None of the threads, like intro, expat cafe etc etc would open. SO I am somewhat lost as to how I should increase my posts genuinely

Galina1
15-05-2011, 09:27
:plane:

Galina1
15-05-2011, 09:34
Can I somehow see the counter of my posts?

language tutor
16-05-2011, 16:16
Thanks for info

FatAndy
16-05-2011, 18:53
Surely. At any of your posts click on your name Galina1 with right mouse button, and select either Открыть в новой вкладке/Open in the new tab or Открыть в новом окне/Open in the new window.

Select this new tab or window and you'll see your current profile.

Go to tab Statistics.

See your activity numbers. For the moment you have 6 posts.
;)

Can I somehow see the counter of my posts?

Tom Hill
06-06-2011, 10:33
This is frustrating#

Tom Hill
06-06-2011, 10:34
5 times... Jeez

Pixiestar
10-06-2011, 21:32
I am in the same boat...

Freezy
15-06-2011, 22:07
Strange a bit

derek03
19-06-2011, 17:24
I am also trying to work this out

felix.pahl
23-06-2011, 13:27
Why minimum of 5 posts. I am looking for someone to hire asap and now I need 5 posts first?

Hans.KK
23-06-2011, 14:16
Why minimum of 5 posts. I am looking for someone to hire asap and now I need 5 posts first?Well it is not a commercial advertisement board, that could be a reason ?

People that join the community get the opportunity for advertising, but only after 5 "real" community related posts. That is the way to prevent the board from being a "advertisement board".

Olechka1812
05-07-2011, 22:35
The link to the Local Pub seems to be dead, is this section closed?

FatAndy
05-07-2011, 23:23
No, just all of people continue in Expat cafe.

iouliaru
11-07-2011, 18:07
How can I post??

Hans.KK
11-07-2011, 19:16
How can I post??Congratulations, you just did it.

TD
26-07-2011, 17:33
Thanks for the clarification, but getting round this site for idiots like myself is burdensome and frustrating to say the least. None of the threads, like intro, expat cafe etc etc would open. SO I am somewhat lost as to how I should increase my posts genuinely

All of the links in the beginning of the thread have been repaired and should work properly now...

RusPod
29-07-2011, 10:28
Can someone help me?
It's written in my statistics: Total Posts: 5
In the meantime i still can't post my message in Job offers. The system says i should have minimum 5 posts in order to do it.

Judge
29-07-2011, 10:40
Can someone help me?
It's written in my statistics: Total Posts: 5
In the meantime i still can't post my message in Job offers. The system says i should have minimum 5 posts in order to do it.

I moved your ad from the teachers forum to jobs offered.
http://expat.ru/forum/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=11761#post877651

Rock
29-07-2011, 11:30
Thanks, i just got my post count up too!

danilamed
05-08-2011, 00:00
thank you for your useful info TD

ElenaAB
18-08-2011, 16:44
guys, why my post isn't published yet?
I posted 1 hour ago.. :9437:

mukularya
06-09-2011, 21:47
My profile says 5 posts but i still can't posta new thread?!

Judge
06-09-2011, 23:14
My profile says 5 posts but i still can't posta new thread?!
Under your name it says 2 posts.

mukularya
08-09-2011, 14:39
Well i posted more than 5 times and it did say 5 for a while. It's again up to 5 but i still can't post.

awesomeguy
22-09-2011, 00:00
:)

Wigout6
22-09-2011, 07:14
Seems like a good rule to me, I agree...

mongoose
04-10-2011, 23:30
Looking for a 1 or 2 room apartment on the west side - meaning anywhere from Fili Davidkovo to Belaruskaya

sastan
09-10-2011, 11:35
thanx,

Senturion
19-10-2011, 11:11
Thanks! Good info for a newbie like me..
:fireworks:

megalodon
05-12-2011, 18:13
thank you

shushandera
12-12-2011, 16:55
Why should I post 5 nice posts in order to post relevant info for me and other users of the site?

Benedikt
12-12-2011, 18:54
Why should I post 5 nice posts in order to post relevant info for me and other users of the site?

or a spammer or something else. was,is and suppose will be, explained over and over again.:doh:

Troy Smith
01-01-2012, 12:39
OK ---- so we are real people --- does this count ?????

FatAndy
01-01-2012, 14:53
OK ---- so we are real people --- does this count ?????
No. ;)

Mick Jagg
28-01-2012, 15:05
Yhanks where can I post??

Judge
28-01-2012, 17:51
Yhanks where can I post??

Post where you like... Have a read of this thread..
http://expat.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=59202

Abydosxr
31-01-2012, 11:47
Here's hoping that this counts as a post :-)

I have been receiving prompts to post something even though I still have not arrived in Russia (10 more weeks). Oh well, maybe I should get involved in the "Which bank is best" debate....

emmiller0502
07-02-2012, 01:30
I found this site in a google search of "russia forums"

Caroline.paboeuf
17-02-2012, 02:42
Kind of a strange rule these 5 posts, but anyway...

Krystiel
21-02-2012, 22:09
yes, how they count post? Is this counted..

claire.santi
20-03-2012, 15:59
Hello everyone!
Do I really have to write 5 posts??

FatAndy
20-03-2012, 20:54
Hello everyone!
Do I really have to write 5 posts??
To post ad in ad section - :agree:

Judge
24-03-2012, 09:48
How do I get my post count up so I can post ads?
New to the forums? Want to post some ads in the Marketplace, but need to have a minimum number of posts? Here's a few suggestions to help you get your count up to the 5 post minimum:

1. Say hello in Introductions, and welcome other people who have posted there.

2. Tell us how you found the site in this thread

3. Post a joke or something amusing in The Local Pub

4. Join one of the scintillating conversations in the Expat Cafe

5. Ask a question or give an answer in Information

6. Share an event or find one to attend in Local Events

7. Hop up on your soapbox and solve the world's problems in Current Affairs

Unsure about how to post & reply to threads? Have a look here

Please note that posts in the "Practice Area" do not count towards your total. If you are a long standing member who has only ever posted in the Marketplace area in the past and not on the forums, you may find that your post count is still at "0". Also, creating empty posts such as "Post 1", "Post 2", etc. for the express purpose of getting around the minimum isn't going to win you brownie points with the mod team and such posts will be deleted immediately - the whole purpose of this requirement is to encourage participation in the community as a prerequisite to using the site to sell & promote things.

DanPhilly
26-03-2012, 17:45
...just join the discussions and keep posting)))

SebD
11-04-2012, 18:19
It's a good way to keep this forum interesting :)

andraskarpati
12-04-2012, 14:08
This 5 post rule is rather interesting...and is it only me or do other people also find the site to be a little confusing?

Abydosxr
12-04-2012, 16:34
Happy to be on the forum, but yes it is confusing. I currently want to "advertise" to employ a PA, a cleaner, and for immediate intensive Russian classes, yet I have no access to post the opportunities on the Marketplace. Let's hope that this post counts towards my 5!

FatAndy
12-04-2012, 19:01
Happy to be on the forum, but yes it is confusing. I currently want to "advertise" to employ a PA, a cleaner, and for immediate intensive Russian classes, yet I have no access to post the opportunities on the Marketplace. Let's hope that this post counts towards my 5!
Yes, now you can.

Englishmanabroad
12-06-2012, 16:09
I think this might be the best way to get 5 posts
Hello to all you expats

If you have second to reply I will answer i promise. I admit i'm only using you to get started on here but thanks in anticipation

hitech444
15-06-2012, 00:04
So, this thread is only to increase your post count?
Did I get it right?

Judge
15-06-2012, 00:12
So, this thread is only to increase your post count?
Did I get it right?

No...

carly
19-06-2012, 03:27
i am just posting to see if I can see my signature! :D

yes I can!

carly
19-06-2012, 03:31
No...

I always reflect upon your signature. Is it really about you or do you just like this quote?

Judge
19-06-2012, 10:00
I always reflect upon your signature. Is it really about you or do you just like this quote?

I like the quote, it comes from one of my favourite songs..It's a great line to finish such a deep song..

The Final Cut..

Pink Floyd - The Final Cut (with lyrics) - YouTube

Henry773
14-08-2012, 19:28
Thanx a lot!

That is very stange. I'm not looking for a job, just need to post information about english lessons.:11109:

Lee Hom
09-11-2012, 18:29
thank you so much! Appreciate much

MickyC
13-11-2012, 05:55
I have posted 5 replies to various threads but I am still unable to post a new discussion topic.....am I doing something wrong?? Also, when signing in it loops me back to the log on screen???

sinnvoll
11-12-2012, 14:49
Same by me...

SophieJane
02-04-2013, 02:27
I've also done more than 5 posts now - and still unable to post in the marketplace!!

Sophie

FatAndy
02-04-2013, 03:55
I've also done more than 5 posts now - and still unable to post in the marketplace!!

Sophie
Sofochka, it's an usual plot againist Brits here, don't worry :D

sweetheart28
30-04-2013, 11:55
Hello....
Im here seeking a fulltime or partime job,housekeeping or nanny
my emeail....my no.+79057819438....

thanks...

Im available anytime...

sweetheart28
30-04-2013, 11:58
hello....good day!!!

I m looking job...fulltime or partime.

My no.+79057819438

thanks

sweetheart28
08-05-2013, 06:51
Hello...Im Ana,28 years old,looking a fulltime or partime.I have a experienced in lebanon as nanny for 3 years,hongkong 3 years and half,as a housekeeper

my no.+79057819438.

thanks

Available any time...

Optimistic
10-05-2013, 20:25
I assume replying to this thread counts as well. Anyways, I am looking for a room near Октябрьская for this summer. I tried to post a request but that did not help. Does this 5 post rule also count for those request or only for adds on the forum?

robertmf
10-05-2013, 20:27
I assume replying to this thread counts as well. Anyways, I am looking for a room near Октябрьская for this summer. I tried to post a request but that did not help. Does this 5 post rule also count for those request or only for adds on the forum?

If you make 2 more posts you'll have the (5)

Optimistic
10-05-2013, 20:33
If you make 2 more posts you'll have the (5)

Thank you!

robertmf
10-05-2013, 20:54
Thank you!

1 more :bong:

You can make a post about windmills or sticking finger in dike :trampoline:

Optimistic
11-05-2013, 13:31
1 more :bong:

You can make a post about windmills or sticking finger in dike :trampoline:

Ok there you go:
You must be referring to the Legend of Hans Brinker, the boy that single handedly saved our nation, well at least according to the legend ;)

Optimistic
11-05-2013, 13:35
If it's OK I should be able to post links now:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Brinker,_or_The_Silver_Skates

It works!

robertmf
11-05-2013, 17:15
Ok there you go:
You must be referring to the Legend of Hans Brinker, the boy that single handedly saved our nation, well at least according to the legend ;)

Hans Brinker was an American creation. The author hadn't been near Holland ;)

:11581:

Rushingirish
15-05-2013, 11:39
This is just a test, I need to do 5 post before I can place an Ad, so here goes, lets see if it works:question:

ross85
05-07-2013, 17:32
Hi guys sorry to say but I know somebody who works as nanny and do housekeeping at the same time by the way her name is Yanie. She is trustworthy, Dependable, punctual , can work without personal supervision speaks good english, honest and hard working. You can contact her at her mobile number +79685446876

Kolord
19-07-2013, 18:34
To get my number up so I can reply and make posts :)))

BMW
26-07-2013, 10:06
This is just a test, I need to do 5 post before I can place an Ad, so here goes, lets see if it works:question:

same here :)

BMW
26-07-2013, 10:09
Driver Own Car Available. PM me.

javipt
05-08-2013, 18:56
Hi everyone:

This is my first post here. I'm moving out of Moscow, so I'd like to offer some of my electronics and household.

See you in the marketplace!

Olyunchik
18-11-2013, 20:11
Hello.
I'm sorry but i don't have access to post something in Introduction.What should i do?

thedeankriel
26-03-2014, 00:01
Does posting here count as a post?

robertmf
26-03-2014, 00:11
Does posting here count as a post?

:bell: Does your [Posts] count on the right panel increment ?

Aya77
23-04-2014, 00:08
maybe it takes 24-48 hours to kick on ...im also waiting for that . good luck :)

TolkoRaz
23-04-2014, 00:16
You have been waiting since 2008? :eek: Sounds like you are stuck in a Soviet time-warp! ;)

AdrienK
21-06-2014, 12:20
I've posted five times only a few hours ago, does it take a while for them to register with the system before I can post in the marketplace?

Hitbel
16-07-2014, 11:11
Thanks for the info…but i already have 5 posts but still not able to post any ad. Please help.

Peter P.
01-02-2015, 20:05
I found this site surfing on the web :)

nastrorosso
01-02-2015, 23:20
I found this site surfing on the web :)

I too found this site on web.

Veronika01
11-03-2015, 20:35
i found it difficult to navigate on this site, i just simply want to place an ad

mednat
31-08-2015, 16:17
Is anybody herein 2015?=))