PDA

View Full Version : visa fees in the UK

Lucia
11-03-2009, 18:56
Hi -- I'm looking at the visa fees for a tourist visa obtained in the UK via the new outsourcing company: Russia Visa (http://ru.vfsglobal.co.uk/visafees.aspx)
I'm not sure whether the total fee is 50 or if I have to add the 25.30 mentioned on this page as a service charge. Does anyone know?
Does anyone have recent experience of getting a tourist visa in the UK, if so, how long did it take?

Thank you!

lucien500
21-03-2009, 20:01
don't u just need to apply through the hotel or the place you are staying, then you go to the Visa Office in London (near Angel) and wait a week/day?

XXX Rays
21-03-2009, 23:36
Trip to an unfamiliar country is always an adventure. Because every tourist open new country as Columbus on his own. Our goal is to help you do not overshadow this adventure.

What do you think about personal assistants who can help you with your journey?

www-capitaltourist-com - Moscow tourist personal support service

As far as we can see, people prefer to have well prepared trip instead of risky one. Do not you?

palefire
24-03-2009, 13:37
I was there a few weeks ago. They do offer a next-day service, it's about 230 pounds. Waiting a week will save you money, but it's definitely not as cheap as the sum you quoted - there's all sorts of extra fees they add on.

If you have several options of visa destinations and are weighing them up, I would strongly advise you not to go to London. Getting the visa there is expensive, the service is shoddy, staff are grumpy and unhelpful (which is perhaps not surprising, that office is really stuffy). Other places will offer same-day service for less, in a much more pleasant environment with shorter queues - Tallinn or Vilnius for example.

Qdos
24-03-2009, 14:22
I suspect you will have to aggregate the payments...

Mosray
24-03-2009, 17:19
Hi -- I'm looking at the visa fees for a tourist visa obtained in the UK via the new outsourcing company: Russia Visa (http://ru.vfsglobal.co.uk/visafees.aspx)
I'm not sure whether the total fee is 50 or if I have to add the 25.30 mentioned on this page as a service charge. Does anyone know?
Does anyone have recent experience of getting a tourist visa in the UK, if so, how long did it take?

Thank you!

Hi Lucia. First of all the price for a british passport holder is 50 plus a sevice charge of 25,30, so a total of 75,30. you're able to make the visa in either 24 hours (the cost then would be..100 + 32,20 service charge) or for 5 working days.

If you're a holder of a EU passport then the fees are cheaper 30 for 5 days and 60 for next day and of course applicable service charge as stated above.

Hope this is of help to you..

palefire
25-03-2009, 02:26
you're able to make the visa in either 24 hours (the cost then would be..100 + 32,20 service charge)

No, that's not true. They add another 100 on for something or other, it ends up at 232.

Mosray
02-04-2009, 11:18
No, that's not true. They add another 100 on for something or other, it ends up at 232.

Palefire the origonal poster stated he needed a tourist visa which infact costs 50 + Sevice charge ( for 5 day service ) or 100 plus sevice charge for next day service... This being for sinle entry or 65 to 130 for double entry plus sevices charges..

I have taken the time to attach the table of fees from the site in question.

Finally I have used the centre myself for my current visa 3 month double entry and paid 155.30 (130 for the visa and 25.30 sevice charge)

Maybe you purchased a single entry 3 month business visa with a next day service? as that would cost 232.20 (200 for the visa and 32.20 service charge)

Sorry to be perdantic but the facts don't lie, and my friend I am not wrong..in fact I am very much correct...lol