PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Parlex School

kapione
10-03-2009, 23:00
I need help people, a while back Parlex was getting slammed badly on redtape, have they changed for the better ? I was asked to apply in 2006 , this was a waste of my time or they are the slowest administrators...I was contacted today by Parlex ..... presently I am not working for any schools, they plainly do not care for students, just want money.I need your feedback .

kazachka
17-03-2009, 19:39
Avoid- I know ppl who were effed by them. They like not to PAY teachers.

cowboy
16-04-2009, 02:51
hey man they were all full of bs and didnt pay me in the end, let alone the invitation and visa which was promised upon beginning with them....

they screwed everybody...clients and teachers

Bels
16-04-2009, 11:17
How many of you have applied and had an interview to a small EFL school with good only to discover they are seeking teachers before they have many students. In other words wasting your time as they hope to have a database of teachers first and the hope of students later

I know that starting from May to September my private work drops dramatically, and would love a job during that period. They will invite you for an interview even if they are not busy themselves. They will then call you in September when you yourself have become busy.

So to sum it up, it's a waste of time seeking TEFL in the Summer months.

txmsk
21-05-2009, 01:18
Just to let everyone know, Parlex moved their offices again. They've moved so many times since they first opened.

In addition to that, Loren, the guy who's running the place, ran off one of his better employees back in about March.

Loren thinks he's such a great manager, but in reality he's just a young buck who has a severe case of Napoleon syndrome.

I don't know how Parlex manages to land such big clients as Perfetti van Melle, Uniliver, etc. Perhaps they really did steal client databases from other schools, but whatever the case, it is obvious that because of one man being a control freak the company's reputation has suffered severely for it.

Hopefully he'll wake up and smell the coffee. I remember it was often said he was on 'business trips' to America. America my a**, he was probably in Moscow.

txmsk
27-05-2009, 15:33
Where is this school actually located ?

Just type Parlex Moscow in Google and it'll bring you to their website.

Bels
29-05-2009, 00:51
Tell me a good school at the moment. \\\they are all suffering due to lack of demand from international companies. The only way through for resident teachers is to find other market demands privately. Getting a classroom and forming groups is the most profitable way. Running around Moscow for individuals is the most unprofitable way to do business. Stick with a chosen chosen locality, and let them run to you.There is a demand, but you have got to find it.

Zorillo420
22-12-2009, 11:01
I just finished 7 months of torture working for this pathetic company. My advice - stay away from Parlex. The CEO (who claims he is not the owner), Loran has got a sever case of Napoleon syndrome. I will quote Loran from one of our final meetings together, "Tom, why are you looking at me that way? When people look at me that way I tend to get mad, and when I get mad, people get hurt!" PSYCHO!!! In November/December they lost their only 3 American teachers. The only one remaining there works in the office. The company is simply awful. They have gotten some impressive clients, and have no native teachers for these clients. Loran's typical offer is 90,000 rubles for 30 hours work, but he never comes through. In reality he will pay you 50,000 for 40 hours work. That is nothing for a native speaker! More dirty - Loran used to teach for the Denis' school - he defrauded them for 40,000 rubles. Don't like it Loran - sue me - I have proof. I also recorded my last three meetings with him, in which he was stupid enough to admit to illegally empolying foreigners!

BrandonL
22-12-2009, 11:15
This company fails, just stay away, far away
they promise, promise, then promise some more, and then they never deliver
I asked when I first started, I need my salary on or BEFORE the 5th, my rent is due
first month, it came on the 10th, had to borrow money to pay rent
second month, I told them everyday for two weeks, I need it BY the 5th
they kept telling me, ok ok, it will be there
on the 5th I got 20,000 not 30,000 I needed
company fails
Loran is a liar, and doesn't give two shits about anyone but himself

kazachka
22-12-2009, 15:16
Good that you guys posted. Ppl need to be aware of a$$holes like this. He nearly effed a friend of mine out of 2500$ 2 yrs ago. My friend got paid because he called Loran DAILY sometimes several times a day and would not let up til he was paid. My other half said in cases like this, you should sit in the d!ckhead's office and not leave til you are PAID IN FULL.
Regarding the legal issues- keep that recording. I will ask a couple ppl in the know who it would be best to perhaps pass this off too. Problem is that if you were one of the illegal employees, it could be messy. Loran is just a житрож№пый армянин and I'm not the only one who has heard those exact words about the dirty b@stard. I didn't work at Parlex, but thought about it. I decided not to when one of my friends never got the work visa he was promised and the other stopped getting paid!

Dolgoprudny Neil
22-12-2009, 20:04
This mob contacted me about working for them. Thankfully, I met someone who had previously been stung by them. Crap pay, crap hours and the guy is a total nutter.

Bels
22-12-2009, 20:18
OK, agreed. Sounds like we need a good moderator here to receive private evidence. This seems like another Harvarvard, but hasn't got so far as how those Harvard employees. If there is clear evidence of problems with this company then it must be blacklisted. Just like Harvard was. It doesn't happen often. If blaclisted here, I can assure you it will be blacklisted on other teachers' forums.

May I suggest a moderator to collect the evidence by pm, as this was how it was done last time. I say this as a start worrying when there is more than one poster with negative claims. Care should be taken that we are not simply looking at one ex employee looking seeking revenge for personal reasons. My gut feelings say that there is something more on this one.

Bels
22-12-2009, 20:22
This mob contacted me about working for them. Thankfully, I met someone who had previously been stung by them. Crap pay, crap hours and the guy is a total nutter.

This guy appears to have success on a database. Probably paid for. Now we all know if you are able to contact your exact potential customers without it appearing as spam, that is some database to have. The company is bviously not very good, because dissatified teachers make it a very poor school.

Can any native English teacher support this company or language centre?

Bels
22-12-2009, 20:25
I need help people, a while back Parlex was getting slammed badly on redtape, have they changed for the better ? I was asked to apply in 2006 , this was a waste of my time or they are the slowest administrators...I was contacted today by Parlex ..... presently I am not working for any schools, they plainly do not care for students, just want money.I need your feedback .

Did you ever join them? If so , what do you know now?

Zorillo420
22-12-2009, 21:23
I can give you the contact for the 2 other Americans which worked with me at Parlex, as well as the contact for the administrator at Denis' School which Loran f*cked for the previously disclosed sum. You can personally check this information with them. Parlex needs to be blacklisted. Funny, I never though of "Blacklisting" them. I just wanted to prevent others from making the mistake I made. I am mad at Parlex? Obviously yes, but I do not need to emblish anything. Will I sit in his office until I get my owed money? - HELL NO!!! (By the way, this is generally good advice - I used it once to collect money owned by a former empolyer, and it worked well! There is too much work in Moscow to waste my time, and by the way, Loran owes me over 60,000 rubles.
Sad thing, there are many good Russian working for this company, which have a very difficult job because of Loran's incompetance. He says he does not own the company - my thoughts - if he doesn't, I could take his job in 5 seconds - he is a total F%CK UP!!!. :fireworks:

kazachka
22-12-2009, 22:07
OK, agreed. Sounds like we need a good moderator here to receive private evidence. This seems like another Harvarvard, but hasn't got so far as how those Harvard employees. If there is clear evidence of problems with this company then it must be blacklisted. Just like Harvard was. It doesn't happen often. If blaclisted here, I can assure you it will be blacklisted on other teachers' forums.

May I suggest a moderator to collect the evidence by pm, as this was how it was done last time. I say this as a start worrying when there is more than one poster with negative claims. Care should be taken that we are not simply looking at one ex employee looking seeking revenge for personal reasons. My gut feelings say that there is something more on this one.

This is pretty consistent negative stuff for over a year now coming from different sources, not just one person. The guy is an eff up.

OG DUB
22-12-2009, 23:57
I am going to back up Tom and Brandon on this subject. This fall, I was employed at Parlex, having finally quit at the end of November. When I first arrived there, things seemed fine. I was offered 750 per ac/h and 16-20 hours a week. Along with that, they promised visa support, specifically of the work variety.

After a brief interview and orientation (during which they informed me that there would be a period of observation to judge my skills as a teacher), they quickly informed me that I would be substituting for a teacher that very afternoon, in just a few hours. So, I went and taught the class for them (which happened to be located outside of the city in Заречье); shortly after this, I was informed that I would be teaching the class from now on.

Within a week or two, Loran called me into his office and informed me that I would be taking on a new client, twin girls about 13-years-old, the same age as the other male student I had. This was great, as I began calculating my ac/h and saw myself doing alright for myself.

Then, another week passed and Loran asked me if I wished to oversee a department for younger learners. It would be 40 hours in the office, developing programs and writing tests, for 50K a month. While not as profitable as teaching, this was more consistent and a bit more relaxed, so I agreed.

Problem was, my 40 hrs in the office became 35+ hrs teaching/traveling a week, with barely enough time to prepare for lessons, all in the course of about six weeks. I wanted my ac/h to be paid accordingly, but evidently the earlier deal I had with the company had changed to one that was more advantageous for them; I was working almost full-time as a teacher for them (along with them still expecting office work from me) and getting paid less than half of what the average teacher salary for such a schedule would be.

With only one free day a week and an average of 45 hours during the week, I was completely exhausted and the stress of dealing with the company was turning me into a incredibly hateful human being. On top of that, the work visa I was supposed to get magically transformed into a business visa.

Something to also note is that Loran and his associate never met with people in groups, only one employee at a time. Before every such meeting, he and his HR lady would meet for at least an hour in advance behind closed doors, just as the meetings took place. This, I imagine, was quite convenient, as it gave them ample time to discuss all possible ways for the meeting to turn out as they desired. I realize this may sound paranoid, but after discussing the outcomes of such meetings with other employees, we soon discovered that Loran was telling each employee different things, merely to placate them and keep them just content enough to not leave the company. Problem is, Loran forgot that employees tend to socialize amongst themselves and it soon became clear to all that he was doing his best to use each of his employees, not as someone valued, but as someone to be exploited.

I could continue to list complaints, but it's a bit silly at this point, as I feel the situation with Parlex Language Solutions is quite clear. Here we have before us a prime example of a company which has great ideas and wonderful clients, but does not take advantage of its position and instead suffers from lack of competent employees due to the incompetence of the upper management and manipulative character of Loran.

Sorry for being long-winded, but I think that does a good job of highlighting the company's current problem.

GaNozri
23-12-2009, 00:03
Starting up "Parlex - 2" language school.

Teachers please apply by PM.

BrandonL
25-12-2009, 10:19
Ok, i'll go into details about this company a bit more then my previous post

I started working in this company a little more then 2 months ago
I was promised 90k a month, for 30 hours of teaching, I agreed
My other job was coming to an end, so I got a flat based on the salary I was promised, which is the logical thing to do.
After I get my apartment, I was told and offered far less then that which was promised, as I already had a flat, and no other job lined up, because I turned them down for Parlex, I was stuck accepting the lesser pay.
After working there for a month, I realized that this company was shadey, they wouldn't talk to us as a group, like the previous poster said they would have a pre meeting to discuss possible outcomes.
Multiple times I would be told to come at 3pm for a meeting, and the meeting wouldn't start till 430 or 5pm because Loran and his HR would be talking about what they are planning to say in the meeting.
Loran also has this thing with bad mouthing other employees of his own company, not realizing that we are all friends, and we talk amongst ourselves.
the management from all levels just fail, they are unsure, don't have any control of the situation, they are clueless.
regards with teaching with Parlex
there PR lady, is TERRIBLE, she has no skill whats so ever in communcation, she is rude, uncaring, and never listens.
She doesn't think about anything right.
You can be sick, injured, hurt, dying, and she wouldn't care, she'll tell you, to keep taking classes, and ask you to take extra classes as well, no matter what condition you are in.
She has no concept of time, or project managing skills
instead of talking to the teachers, she would just look at the schedule and say, oh he has a free 2 hours here, he's teaching! then after she confirms it with clients, would then tell the teacher, even if the teacher can't make it, for various reasons, IE teaching another class right before that on the OTHER side of town, she would tell the teacher, oh well, go anyways and start the class late, and end it late, I've worked many days from 8 am to 11PM travelling including, without eating, because I had no time.
They pretend to care, but they don't
stay away from this company is my advice

Dolgoprudny Neil
25-12-2009, 14:08
They have sent me another email promising all sorts of wonderful things. So they obviously read this site to view teacher cvs. Surely they must be aware that their dubious practices and general skullduggery are now in the public domain?

Zorillo420
25-12-2009, 14:35
In defense of the PR manager - I have no problem with her! Her style of management is just difficult for men to handle (okay and women too), but she is talented! Maybe I am an idiot, but I like stong, direct women who say what is on their mind - and take no S8it from anyone - especially me! Hopefully she will leave the sinking ship and go somewhere she has a chance to use her talents for a man with a solid moral compass!

Zorillo420
25-12-2009, 15:19
Man with a Solid Moral Compass ie - NOT LORAN!!!
What you get in life is a reflection of the decisions you make and the way you treat others. Everything comes full circle. When I made the obvious decision to leave PARLEX, I suddenly got 3 ($100) a lesson clients (the same day), the next day, another. Now, more. I considered taking their clients from them, just a Loran had done to the Denis' school, but frankly I am too busy. However if anyone wants to begin teaching groups, let me know. I know where they are...and I have unfinished business with Loran...:groan:

Bels
25-12-2009, 21:32
Man with a Solid Moral Compass ie - NOT LORAN!!!
What you get in life is a reflection of the decisions you make and the way you treat others. Everything comes full circle. When I made the obvious decision to leave PARLEX, I suddenly got 3 ($100) a lesson clients (the same day), the next day, another. Now, more. I considered taking their clients from them, just a Loran had done to the Denis' school, but frankly I am too busy. However if anyone wants to begin teaching groups, let me know. I know where they are...and I have unfinished business with Loran...:groan:

If there are any students in the Rublevka are. Although I am very busy, business may slow down a bit next year. Enough private teachers who can teach groups could destroy such places. I don't think I have a stronger competitor more than myself in my area, and it could work for you also. If you are a resident and have legal rights to teach privately, the competitors don't stand a chance against private teachers who have already achieved local fame.

Audio Box
13-01-2010, 06:48
Thank-you, very much !!!

The following resource and forum is incredible!
I am very happy to have found this information.
My girlfriend and I are looking for work in Russia,
yet this task seems to be not as easy as we continue to do research.

1. New Visa Issues regarding an expensive visa run to Ukraine.
2. Reputations of schools, such as Parlex.
3. Risk of comming to a new country beyond the safety net of South Korea.

Thank-you to all of the individuals for informing the greater public
and association of International English Teachers about this school.
We are in the current stages of the interview process.
The first stage interview has been nice and rosey, but as I continue to read and go deeper
toward the fact of sigining on with a company like Parlex; I quickly remember about the risks
involved when packing up your life and beginning to trust the process of finding work over-seas.

More research is needed !

Does anyone know of reputable English Teaching Reqruitment Agents or English Schools in Russia?
Where you don't have to travel outside of the school?
Teaching Elementary School Students and or Adults.
Without having to get up at 5:30 in morning and work split shifts
until you begin reaching for a bottle and another smoke to ease your pain. No Way !

Let goodness and Truth prevail !!!
Let there be light in the tunnel of International English Teaching !!!

peace and solidarity !

Sincerely,

A Canadian Friend ~+~

Judge
13-01-2010, 10:52
Audio Box,check out this school.
Teaching English in Russia | BKC-International House | ESL / EFL Jobs in Russia, in Moscow: ESL, EFL, TEFL Jobs. Teaching positions in Russia. (http://www.bkcih-moscow.com/)

andymackem
13-01-2010, 11:33
Audio Box,check out this school.
Teaching English in Russia | BKC-International House | ESL / EFL Jobs in Russia, in Moscow: ESL, EFL, TEFL Jobs. Teaching positions in Russia. (http://www.bkcih-moscow.com/)

But also check out the thread here: http://www.expat.ru/forum/passport-control/186059-please-help-russian-government-will-not-issue-me-new-visa.html

I had no problems working at BKC, but I know others who have.

Audio Box
13-01-2010, 17:48
***I don't know what crosses the line
on this forum when speaking about other schools.
Is that practice okay, or is it slanderous?

--->= Dave's ESL Cafe has information about Parlex's latest issues,
as well with the information posted on this Forum. Truth is important !!!

There is no easy road when choosing an International School.

Will some schools in Russia accept someone with 2 years
into their University degree, 2 years of Teaching experience and
a TESOL certificate?

What are the new Visa regulations in Russia regarding going to the Ukraine,
as well for English Teachers who have experience but don't
have a Uni Degree?

Visa issues seem to be on the table right now regarding Russia.

***Please review the Dave's ESL site on the International Teacher Forum
in the Russian folder, regarding new visa regulations plus an issue regarding
a teacher at BKC who lost her passport.

Bels
13-01-2010, 22:47
You have brought together many important issues. Firstly Parlex school. Reading this forum, there appears to be no support spoken up on Parlex school's side. And reading other forums on the web Parlex should be blacklisted here. Why?

No way should there be a promise of contract of fulltime rate and then not paid.
In all cases the teacher should nbe paid on the time as promised. etc etc.
If they fail this then thay are like our Harvard which disappeared a few years ago. This is the kangaroo court speaking. Ban this school. Blacklist it. Unless anyone can come up with some support for this school. But I doubt it . Blacklist it I say in my opinion. Those wh cannot meet their agreed promises and cannot pay teachers their promised income should be blacklisted. And expat.ru should have a sticky with blaclists. Harvard is one of tem, and no longer in existance, as far as we know. But who knows if this Parlex has now something to do with Harvard? Do we know this?

The point is that we must have a list of schools for new teachers and students to avoid. And this Parlex appears to be one of them.

Blacklist Parlex.

***I don't know what crosses the line
on this forum when speaking about other schools.
Is that practice okay, or is it slanderous?

--->= Dave's ESL Cafe has information about Parlex's latest issues,
as well with the information posted on this Forum. Truth is important !!!

There is no easy road when choosing an International School.

Will some schools in Russia accept someone with 2 years
into their University degree, 2 years of Teaching experience and
a TESOL certificate?

What are the new Visa regulations in Russia regarding going to the Ukraine,
as well for English Teachers who have experience but don't
have a Uni Degree?

Visa issues seem to be on the table right now regarding Russia.

***Please review the Dave's ESL site on the International Teacher Forum
in the Russian folder, regarding new visa regulations plus an issue regarding
a teacher at BKC who lost her passport.

Bels
13-01-2010, 22:55
The clear questin about efl teachers has not been clearly answered. Does an EFL teacher need a degree plus a celta. trinity or equivelent? Perhaps the might even need a post graduate diploma such as DELTA. Perhaps PGCE.

Now we are talking about professional teachers level. What kind of income would such teachers expect? $120, 000 a year. Do students want to honestly pay student fees that covers such salaries? I don't think so.

Do you honestly want to pay fees related to what international schools charge? I don't think so.

Audio Box
14-01-2010, 00:02
Thank-you,

This web site is a perfect example of the positive reinforcement
that needs to continue, regarding the support needed for Internationals
who are working around the world.

I fully support and appreciate the dialogue that is continuing
in the following public web-site.

Through this type of process, we can set high standards for English Schools
& Teachers who are doing the best they can. We don't want to make trouble
for countries who host the internationals, but there should be standards
to be accounted for and responded to.

My experience in South Korea was positive !
Although there were issues here and there, but the most important factor
was the association of teachers who supported and cared about each other.
This principle is very important when we all give the time, money and energy towards working
internationally. In doing so, we should all be aware of the risk & benefits
associated with doing so.

Kind regards and solidarity to all of the brother's and sister's
working in the Russia and Internationally.

We all need each other !

Let the communication age move us forward
towards greater stability and peace.
In all efforts to unite the world and the people
who truly make good things happen !

Jah Bless,

Sincerely,

Audio Box ~+~

Bels
16-01-2010, 00:36
OK. It has been asked if wanting to come to Russia to teach who would you choose. For a newbie I would go go for the obvious and best known. Yes I wil criticise tem in other posts like many other do. But they are the best you can find for here, and the main reason they are the safest for you newbies. If you apply from your home country, you will get the whole package, return flight and other travel costs, accomadation, health care, and a full salary etc. Visa and legal work permit of course.

None of the other schools can be trusted to give you all of this except for BKC and LanguageLink. And they don't have any bad reputations of not paying their teachers, where others do have this reputation.

Now I am not saying that they are fantastic, but for newbies they are your safest bet if you want to teach in Russia. YES! Employment income is lousy.

Others may offer you much more, but wiegh up the facts, will they pay you as promised, will they legally employ you with a proper work permit, and will they really cover all your costs such as accommadation, and other costs? So perhaps their offer is not as good as it first appears. due to the costs you have to endure.

Judge
16-01-2010, 00:45
But also check out the thread here: http://www.expat.ru/forum/passport-control/186059-please-help-russian-government-will-not-issue-me-new-visa.html

I had no problems working at BKC, but I know others who have.

Yeah, I read that thread.
I know a teacher who works for a school that isn't as well known as BKC..The teacher lost his passport,got a new passport from the American embassy here in Moscow and the school put a new work permit visa in the new passport.

MCC
18-01-2010, 01:26
Hi everyone,

I'm not currently in moscow but am planning to move there in the next few months as it's somewhere I have always wanted to go. I don't know anyone and haven't got a job yet.

I am having serious problems getting work in Russia as no one I email seems that interested in replying and it's hard to find employers who don't want someone with years of experience (whilst I am a recent graduate of a CELTA course I have little teaching experience).

Anyway the only job I can found in Mosocw is with Parlex. I have read through everyones notes and whilst I am terrified that this company seems to treat people so badly I can't help but wonder if I should take the chance with them. Surely they will pay me something and at least offer some sort of assistance in sorting myself out when I finally get there. I really really want to get to Moscow and work and I think I'm faced with the choice of going with a disreputable company which may screw me over or not going at all.

Can someone offer me some advice on what I should do - neither BKC or LanguageLink are hiring and Parlex sound really keen. Is there some wonderful option I haven't considered? I'm all ears.

kazachka
18-01-2010, 01:39
BKC and LL (you will never survive on their joke of a salary anyways) aren't hiring because they can no longer get teacher visas. FORGET PARLEX. They ought to be blacklisted and the warnings in this thread are to be taken seriously.

xSnoofovich
18-01-2010, 10:08
Hi everyone,

I'm not currently in moscow but am planning to move there in the next few months as it's somewhere I have always wanted to go. I don't know anyone and haven't got a job yet.

I am having serious problems getting work in Russia as no one I email seems that interested in replying and it's hard to find employers who don't want someone with years of experience (whilst I am a recent graduate of a CELTA course I have little teaching experience).

Anyway the only job I can found in Mosocw is with Parlex. I have read through everyones notes and whilst I am terrified that this company seems to treat people so badly I can't help but wonder if I should take the chance with them. Surely they will pay me something and at least offer some sort of assistance in sorting myself out when I finally get there. I really really want to get to Moscow and work and I think I'm faced with the choice of going with a disreputable company which may screw me over or not going at all.

Can someone offer me some advice on what I should do - neither BKC or LanguageLink are hiring and Parlex sound really keen. Is there some wonderful option I haven't considered? I'm all ears.

It is better to be here in Moscow and go in person.

Judge
18-01-2010, 12:45
MCC, check out this link,they might need teachers.
Tom's House: курсы английского языка, курсы иностранных языков, курсы разговорного английского языка. (http://www.toms-house.ru/)

Take snoofy's advice and come here in person,you will get things done alot quicker.

Zorillo420
19-01-2010, 21:02
Parlex i.e. Loran is now not only not paying foreign teachers, they are FUC&ING over Russians also. One of my associates gave them notice, and they did not pay him. Please, for the sake of us all, let us finally BLACKLIST this company! I am going to ask the afore mentioned victim to confirm all on this forum, so as there will be no question as to the legtimacy of this claim. If anyone is interested, Wal Street still exists. They have opened up shop on Новинский бул. Personally, I know nothing about this company, but I trust this forum! Whoever moderates this forum, please contact me. I want to proceed for the benefit of us all. Let us BLACKLIST Parlex. !!! Thomas Stwalley

Zorillo420
19-01-2010, 21:23
Newbie MCC - Please do not go to Parlex, they will FUC& YOU. Be patient. For a new teacher, the best bets are English First, Language Link, and BCK. If you want help, I am able. I know the owner of Language Link. Once here, I can help you get A LOT of work. Forget about your qualifications. I can help you if you are sincere and able to learn. Do not give up on your dream. If you want further advice, feel free to contact me ]. My name is Thomas Stwalley. I have many years of experience here and know how to make $$$$$........

Bels
19-01-2010, 21:50
Newbie MCC - Please do not go to Parlex, they will FUC& YOU. Be patient. For a new teacher, the best bets are English First, Language Link, and BCK. If you want help, I am able. I know the owner of Language Link. Once here, I can help you get A LOT of work. Forget about your qualifications. I can help you if you are sincere and able to learn. Do not give up on your dream. If you want further advice, feel free to contact . My name is Thomas Stwalley. I have many years of experience here and know how to make $$$$$........

Please answer me this, as this sounds like spam. BKC and Languagelink might be a good bet for newbies, but they don't promise you pounds or dollars in large amounts. And English First? HA! HA! They don't pay peanuts.

So enlighten us please! How can we make our fortune as teachers. Tell us here as emails are not allowed. They may of course PM you. Members . Please let us know what you info you have gained from this guy on this forum. Don't worry about his email, as my guess is that it will soon be removed.

Zorillo420
19-01-2010, 22:00
Sorry, I did not know email and phone numbers were not allowed. I am only trying to help out someone who wants to come to Russia. If you want the FACTS - neither LL, EF or BCK pay good salaries compared to what you can earn once you know what is going on. I am only trying to help out someone new. I do not work for any of these companies, I am totally freelance. Delete my post if you want, you will only be hurting someone who wants to come to Russia. Do as you will...

Zorillo420
19-01-2010, 22:08
Bels,
You have forgotten all my posts? I am only here to help others make money and not waste time with FUC%s like PARLEX. How can I help others make $$$ in Moscow? It is very simple, and I do not really understand why you are asking this question after viewing your posts. Do you really believe I am recommending LL, EF, and BCK as a way to make $$$? - NOW WAY!!! They are simply the safest way for a newcomer to begin here. There is a lot of $$$ here simply for one reason - supply and demand. Because I, like you, know what is going on in Moscow. Any other questions? PM me. I would have done this with Newbie, but I am not so computer smart and don't know how...please enlighten me....Bels - if I did not answer you question(s) in full - feel free to delte my posts. I think it is time for you to apologize...

Bels
19-01-2010, 22:27
It is better to be here in Moscow and go in person.

This is where I disagree with you. If you go and meet in Moscow they will simply give a basic income and nothing else. This salary will never meet the value of package that you would get applying from overseas. They also will feel more relaxed in the matter that they won't feel responsible for you. They will assume that you are livimng in Moscow , and nothing else matters apart from paying you income for each class you teach. Some of them don't even carry out that promise as known in previous history of some employers.

SO NO! Get your contract from your own home country. Get the full package of work permit, visa, free travel, own flat etc And get that contract before you arrive in Russian. That is my advice to newbies. Although no harm in shopping around once you have become more experienced in Russia.

Bels
19-01-2010, 22:36
Bels,
You have forgotten all my posts? I am only here to help others make money and not waste time with FUC%s like PARLEX. How can I help others make $$$ in Moscow? It is very simple, and I do not really understand why you are asking this question after viewing your posts. Do you really believe I am recommending LL, EF, and BCK as a way to make $$$? - NOW WAY!!! They are simply the safest way for a newcomer to begin here. There is a lot of $$$ here simply for one reason - supply and demand. Because I, like you, know what is going on in Moscow. Any other questions? PM me. I would have done this with Newbie, but I am not so computer smart and don't know how...please enlighten me....Bels - if I did not answer you question(s) in full - feel free to delte my posts. I think it is time for you to apologize...

Forget the PMs and especially emails as they will soon be removed. Reported as it is againt expat rules.

I try to help teachers make mony here openly. If they choose to ignore my threads that is their choice.

Now all I ask is for you to do the same. You can help many more teachers by speaking loud and clear on this forum, rather than telling people to talk to you privately. Or is your information classified and top secret? Or are you seeking a fee for giving common sense information gained by experience. Believe me, if there is anything to know about making ggod money in Russia as a private teacher, I already know it. But you,? Please prove me wrong and give me something new. Rather than a simple comment of making teachers rich and saying nothing, untill they PM you. Typical American style of selling I think, and most of us don't fall for it. We need much more info of what you are talking about. So spit it out. All of it. Be open, friendly and helpfull here, as that is how our forum is designed. To be helpfull to all members here, without messing them around. PM's are not necesary unless we need a private converstaion. But when the inf is good for many, then just spit it all out here, as it will be appreciated. You must be American, as you have spelt apologize with a z rather than the hard s

Bels
19-01-2010, 22:53
Sorry, I did not know email and phone numbers were not allowed. I am only trying to help out someone who wants to come to Russia. If you want the FACTS - neither LL, EF or BCK pay good salaries compared to what you can earn once you know what is going on. I am only trying to help out someone new. I do not work for any of these companies, I am totally freelance. Delete my post if you want, you will only be hurting someone who wants to come to Russia. Do as you will...

Hopefully your email will be deleted, they normally are here. You should ask for them to pm you if they wish to communicate with you privately. But you should also give what you have here to all your fellow members here. We are a big family community here, and we all want to help each other the best way we can. And we don't want spammers. But yes if you are an an honest open individual businessman who wants help in growth here, we might want to help you, but be honest and don't mess us around.

Judge
20-01-2010, 00:30

We don't allow emails/numbers because spammers can conatct you..

I understand where you are coming from...Like bels is saying, we are here to help others and that is what you are doing.Nice one..

Bels
20-01-2010, 00:38
We don't allow emails/numbers because spammers can conatct you..

I understand where you are coming from...Like bels is saying, we are here to help others and that is what you are doing.Nice one..

Agreed. But don't just say you can make lots of bucks and email me. Tell ushere publicly. Spit it out, then you will help fellow members.

Judge
20-01-2010, 00:42
Agreed. But don't just say you can make lots of bucks and email me. Tell ushere publicly. Spit it out, then you will help fellow members.

The guy did say...
''. I do not work for any of these companies, I am totally freelance.''

You're right, better to talk about it,but this thread is about Parlex..
Zorillo is offering to help others..some members prefer to do it by PM.

Zorillo420
20-01-2010, 10:02
Why do you care if I am American or British? Why do you even mention it? I am not trying to make money by selling advice! Mainly, I have commented here, so that others may avoid the mistake of working at parlex. I do not claim to have any secrets to make money that you are unaware of. My advice would be of no use to anyone with a lot of experience here. It is intended for beginners, so as you requested:
The safest way to begin is a place like Language Link or BCK. They will help pay for a lot of your expenses of coming here, but this doesn't come up front, it is reimbursed. You will also be provided with a flat. Use this time to get a feel for teaching if you have no experience. Next, you should place ads on the internet. I only went to 2 places The Moscow Times Career Center, and the ExPat site (this one). I know of others, but as my phone was constantly ringing, I didn't place any more ads. You will then get calls from individuals and schools. All of them pay better then LL & BCK. Work for as many as you can.
It is important to remember it is all about supply and demand. There are quite simply more students than teachers here. Think about it when do you have more leverage in a negotiation when you seek work, or work seeks you? The answer is obvious. You also must be able to read people too. If a secretary is calling for her boss, looking for a teacher my price goes up- this guy has money. No brainer. You need to ask the right questions to determine how much the money the clients are likely to be able to pay. Other important questions- Where is the lesson to be held, what level is the student, how many times a week, etc. All these are important factors in determining a price.
Other advice- a happy client is a great source for new students. Pick up work from the smaller schools-keep a good relationship with them, but work for several. Remember, you will need a Visa from someone! Find which are the most flexible which one will provide you with a Visa for the least hours of work. The Visa situation is the most difficult stumbling block in the entire scheme. Many teachers are now stuck leaving the country every 3 months. You need a Teacher's Work Visa. Very few companies can actually provide these. They are good for at least a year or however long you work for the company, and continue to get it stamped at the Migration Dept. Legally, there are a minimum number of hours you must work for this, or it is cancelled. I have heard rumors you can buy one for about $1000, but I have not investigated it.
More advise- you need a variety of talent. Don't believe the line that the Big 3 feed you, Never speak Russian to the students. They want you to believe it is bad. Why? They already have a difficult time finding Native English Teachers, much less finding ones with competent Russian language skills. Once students realize what an advantage it is to have a teacher which speaks Russian, they will want it. This can only make life more difficult for the Big 3, so they promote the lie Speaking Russian is bad. Speaking Russian at a high level will put a lot more money in your pocket. You will be able to teach a far wider array of students effectively. Simply put, it opens doors which are 100% shut to non-Russian speakers. I have gotten a lot of work, and high paying work, which I would have never even been considered for if I couldn't speak Russian.
There is also great money in working with the companies which generally hire English Nannies. They find tutors and Nannies for very wealthy families, so the pay is quite nice. A lot go to these companies to find tutors also. If you have the back ground and skill another similar area to go into is working as a Personal Body Guard. The demand for English speaking Body Guards here is high, and the pay is the same rate as teachers (high paid teachers) get.
Geefree advice from an AMERICAN? By the way BelsI was nothing but nice to you, and thanked you for all your useful posts in another thread. Then I asked for an update on the supposed need for the postile stamp. You didn't even reply I will avoid commenting on where you must be from

Will
20-01-2010, 10:16
Once students realize what an advantage it is to have a teacher which speaks Russian, they will want it. This can only make life more difficult for the Big 3, so they promote the lie Speaking Russian is bad. Speaking Russian at a high level will put a lot more money in your pocket. You will be able to teach a far wider array of students effectively. Simply put, it opens doors which are 100% shut to non-Russian speakers. I have gotten a lot of work, and high paying work, which I would have never even been considered for if I couldn't speak Russian.

Most of your post is excellent sense Zorillo, I've been here 14 years or so and learned the same lessons.
In particular the part about not speaking Russian is spot on,the hours you save by being able to grasp what is happening in their heads and provide targeted explanations alone makes it worth it. That's a TEFL myth that has long needed puncturing. Doubtless the issue deserves it's own thread, but I just wanted to agree loudly, before the damning of the dark empire that is Parlex resumes.

Zorillo420
20-01-2010, 10:17
"Anyway the only job I can found in Mosocw is with Parlex. I have read through everyones notes and whilst I am terrified that this company seems to treat people so badly I can't help but wonder if I should take the chance with them. Surely they will pay me something and at least offer some sort of assistance in sorting myself out when I finally get there. I really really want to get to Moscow and work and I think I'm faced with the choice of going with a disreputable company which may screw me over or not going at all."

Please don't do it. THEY WILL SCREW YOU OVER!!!They won't help your sort out anything once you get here either. I 100% guarantee you will never even see a contract. You will have to leave the country every 3 months to get a new Visa, and YOU will pay for it. Let me guess, they offered you 90,000 rubles (about $3000) for 30 hours work. You will never get it. They will give you one or two classes and not care if you have no money - then after a month or so, they will offer you 50,000 rubles for 40 hours work a week. And they won't even pay you that. They will find many reasons why you shouldn't get you full pay, and you will soon find yourself in a desperate situation. Don't believe anything they say - they lie, lie, lie, and lie some more. They never used to recruit from overseas. Why are they doing it now? - because all of us here know about Parlex, and will not touch them.

Dolgoprudny Neil
20-01-2010, 22:02
True words indeed! Keep clear of them.

Why work for a mob who will not pay you?

Still not heard anything good about them. Can everyone be wrong? I doubt it.

Zorillo420
20-01-2010, 22:27
So what is all this talk of BLACKLISTING Parlex? Is it a Fairy Tale? I think there has been enough evidence presented here. Will someone please tell us what has to be done?...or will be wait for more victims to fall into this black hole? I would really like an answer from an administrator of this site. If nothing is to be done, we are just wasting our time here bitching. The time for action is now. Let us put up or shut up. I have offered concrete evidence from 4 employees which worked at Parlex and were ФUCKED by them in the last 2 months. I have phone numbers, we may confirm all. What is taking so long? Is this BLACKLISTING just BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. Well, I am tired of BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...I got enoguh of that at Parlex. I want an answer from someone at this site which can initiate this process, or I will begin to see this site as less than serious. Anyone have a problem with that, or are you with me?

Bels
20-01-2010, 22:30
There appear to be no support on the other end of the argument. Hence I personally believe they should be blacklisted. Why? Because there has been no suopportive argument from the other side of the argument. Teachers have been promised and given contracts of what they shoulkd have, and the shool has failed in meeting the contract or promise. Also teachers have not been paid as promised.

We can't possibly have our expats visiting Russia with promises, only to find they don't meet up to their contract. It's not on, and that is my opinion. Blacklist the school

Hence! I say this company is blacklisted in the same manner as Harvard in Russia was blacklisted. Let us hope that disaster stories go as bad as the what the teachers in Harvard Russia had. Let us stop it now!!! It is blacklisted!! And what does ESLcafe.com have to say. I hope they say the same.

True words indeed! Keep clear of them.

Why work for a mob who will not pay you?

Still not heard anything good about them. Can everyone be wrong? I doubt it.

Zorillo420
20-01-2010, 22:35
Наконец-то!

Bels
20-01-2010, 22:41
Yes! An administrator a few years back asked for all evidence to come to him and he blacklisted Harvard. It was very clear that harvard was a rogue company and it was blacklisted. It was also blacklisted by Eslcafe.com . I am not sure who was first ,but they both openly declared that school was blaclisted. And let us not forget that both websites depend on advertising, but they did it.
So I say do it with Parlex, or am I missing something. We now need an admi to confirm our knowledge. I am not personally involved, and only reading your posts, and I feel for you all.

So what is all this talk of BLACKLISTING Parlex? Is it a Fairy Tale? I think there has been enough evidence presented here. Will someone please tell us what has to be done?...or will be wait for more victims to fall into this black hole? I would really like an answer from an administrator of this site. If nothing is to be done, we are just wasting our time here bitching. The time for action is now. Let us put up or shut up. I have offered concrete evidence from 4 employees which worked at Parlex and were ФUCKED by them in the last 2 months. I have phone numbers, we may confirm all. What is taking so long? Is this BLACKLISTING just BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. Well, I am tired of BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...I got enoguh of that at Parlex. I want an answer from someone at this site which can initiate this process, or I will begin to see this site as less than serious. Anyone have a problem with that, or are you with me?

kapione
22-01-2010, 10:29
what is the connection with Loran and Denis school ? can anyone say ?

Zorillo420
22-01-2010, 10:54
Loran was employeed there as a teacher. He also worked there with a present Parlex employee, which had assess to all the registers at the Denis school. I think it is clear where Loran got the client base which Parlex now has. At the time Loran worked for the Denis school, their system of keeping track of class hours was poorly developed. Loran turned in false class records to the sum of 40,000 rubles, collected this money, and left the company. The present system the Denis School now uses, is because of the "lesson" they learned from Loran's dishonesty. This information is all verifiable. I have nonconflicting information from 2 sources unconnected to each other. 1 is a manager of the Denis School, and the other is from an investigation made by one of of my clients into Parlex and Loran- the Nazarbayev Family (KZ). Any other questions - I will be glad to help.

a new guy
22-01-2010, 16:16
Hello everyone!

I'm ex russian trainer at parlex and want you to know some facts about
ОЧУ ДО "Парлекс".

Guys, they really do not pay salary and even more - they do not give back documents. I left the company a week ago, cause i found a new job in different industry, but i informed HR manager about that 2 weeks beforehand as it should be according to law (but in my case, i could do that 3 days before i leave, cause of trial period which is 3 months, but i didn't do that because wanted to get all the money on time). So on friday they told me that i'll get all the money, but i didn't get it, i called on monday and they told me that they are waiting for Loran, he'll be on wednsday and they have to double check everything. What the **** is that???
Ok, here is a thing: according to Russian law, employer should give all the money to employe on his LAST working day. At the same day employe MUST recieve all the documents. In other case - it means that employer breaks the law. They promised to call me on thursday - nobody called, managers are unreachable and actually i dont know what am i supposed to do.
Ohh, by the way, they do not let me in! Yes-yes, i cant enter the building, cause as the security guy told me Loran asked about that.

So, of course, its up to you - to be hired by parlex or not, by i do not recommend you to do that. Also i'm going to sue them and already informed officers at Moscow State Labour Inspection, so this company is to be checked by them also.

Be careful.
Dima

Bels
22-01-2010, 22:46
Thank you for this post first of all. As someone not involved in being an employee with any language centre, and I get my opinion from only reading of what is in this thread, I have to recommend without doubt that this Parlex school iswithout doubt a rogue schooll. It has only happened once in the past , and that was with Harvard school Moscow, This is now the second school to be blacklisted, as there appears to be no arguments from them.

On the genuine guidance of all previous posts I sincerely believe this business should be avoided at all costs by teachers and students.

Are there any other links available from other forums and blogs with the same opinion? As for the moment they are most welcome, in my personal opinion. There might well be a strong discussion of this in eslcafe.com the current teachers forum internationationally. Within this section is the Russia and CIS teachers discussion fum, and this is where they will be talking. This particular link I would like one day to have a joint agreement together with expat.ru and this particular part of their forum. After all, we have promoted each other for more than six years. For example I found eslcafe.com from this site. I have also recommended other members from this cafe site to come here, and the came here , please believe it. So we should get together, expecially for the new growth of the teachers folder in expat.ru. ESlcafe Russia and CIS forum join us here also, as we need you.

Hello everyone!

I'm ex russian trainer at parlex and want you to know some facts about
ОЧУ ДО "Парлекс".

Guys, they really do not pay salary and even more - they do not give back documents. I left the company a week ago, cause i found a new job in different industry, but i informed HR manager about that 2 weeks beforehand as it should be according to law (but in my case, i could do that 3 days before i leave, cause of trial period which is 3 months, but i didn't do that because wanted to get all the money on time). So on friday they told me that i'll get all the money, but i didn't get it, i called on monday and they told me that they are waiting for Loran, he'll be on wednsday and they have to double check everything. What the **** is that???
Ok, here is a thing: according to Russian law, employer should give all the money to employe on his LAST working day. At the same day employe MUST recieve all the documents. In other case - it means that employer breaks the law. They promised to call me on thursday - nobody called, managers are unreachable and actually i dont know what am i supposed to do.
Ohh, by the way, they do not let me in! Yes-yes, i cant enter the building, cause as the security guy told me Loran asked about that.

So, of course, its up to you - to be hired by parlex or not, by i do not recommend you to do that. Also i'm going to sue them and already informed officers at Moscow State Labour Inspection, so this company is to be checked by them also.

Be careful.
Dima

Judge
23-01-2010, 00:23
If teachers want to do a search in google about Parlex School, this thread pops up first when you type 'Parlex Moscow' and 3rd 'Parlex Russia'

I'm sure because of this thread many teachers will think twice before working for Parlex.

Bels
26-01-2010, 21:33
Hopefully they always do. I do when I am unsure about a certain name. Always a good idea to make an investigation of any company before the interview. Even if it is to impress you employer that you have learnt something about them.

If teachers want to do a search in google about Parlex School, this thread pops up first when you type 'Parlex Moscow' and 3rd 'Parlex Russia'

I'm sure because of this thread many teachers will think twice before working for Parlex.

sartreana
29-01-2010, 13:01
Am so glad I found this thread. They've just called me from this company and I've never sent my CV, where did they get my number from? I was about to arrange an interview with them but certainly won't.
Thanks, guys, for sharing your experience.

Bels
29-01-2010, 21:31
Am so glad I found this thread. They've just called me from this company and I've never sent my CV, where did they get my number from? I was about to arrange an interview with them but certainly won't.
Thanks, guys, for sharing your experience.

Perhaps you can help all here. Where do you make your searches and your enquiries? Are you advertising your number anywhere on the internet? And where is your number. Nothing wrong with it as I advertise my Russian wife's number on several popular sites, and we have probably received their enquiries. The problem is that there are more than one of dodgy schools in Russia. Those who prey on native teachers, when they can't do it themselves. But when they meet you they try to tell you how you should teach, yet they have no idea how to.

sartreana
30-01-2010, 09:53
I've never advertised my number on the Internet. They've just called me again and mentioned that they knew a Russian friend of mine, though I haven't spoken to her in ages. She must have given them my number. Anyway, they are insisting so much, it's scary!

Bels
30-01-2010, 23:59
I've never advertised my number on the Internet. They've just called me again and mentioned that they knew a Russian friend of mine, though I haven't spoken to her in ages. She must have given them my number. Anyway, they are insisting so much, it's scary!

I am going to try to explain how I or we deal with it , my wife and I. Are you working as a private teacher? Then remain that way! Ask the the parents or students they are talking to you to contact you directly. State that that you don't discuss anything to third parties. The customer must come to you. If you don't have this facility then state that you wil only give interviews to direct customers, and thank you very much for your enquiry. Full stop!

Sorrry , but those seeking direct will get such enquiries, often stating that you were recommended. But when they start asking too many questions , without becoming personal on their interests for example , you learn to be uspicious. Those who have been in business for some time will know what I am talking about. Not every enquiry is genuine. We have spies in all professions. Especially EFL in Russia. It might be as small as how much we charge, or it might be much more, hence a professional method in how you handle your calls. Sorry if potential mates try and get throough. But there has to be process of elimination in business. And all business's will understand this.

Bels
31-01-2010, 00:12
Do you know that I have ven had local schools to me saying name my price. But in September what would you do. The busiest time of the year for you, with students pouring in, why on earth would you work for a competing school, where those students might be your own stdents.

All I can say for shools is don't ask a resident teacher to work for you in September. If yo have work fo them in Summer, and it is plenty , then great as they might accept your offer, but not September onwards through the Winter.

cowboy
10-02-2010, 13:29
screw legal action lets just pummel his ass he is by far one of THE biggest absolute scumbag losers I have ever met in my life and I have traveled many places and seen many things

Dolgoprudny Neil
11-02-2010, 22:24
screw legal action lets just pummel his ass he is by far one of THE biggest absolute scumbag losers I have ever met in my life and I have traveled many places and seen many things

If anyone deserves it, this guy sounds like the ideal candidate for a right good........ well, what he says.

If you do the work then you should get the pay. Crooks like this need to understand that the word goes out. And the word on Parlex is out.

Bels
11-02-2010, 23:18
There seems clearly stated that teachers are not getting paid from this school. And if this is true then something must must be done. What can expat.ru do to help , as well as other to websites for Russia do?

What can we do to help? As I don't like seeing teachers being mistreated, and especially being left unpaid. It's not on. What can we do, apart from what we are doing now!. Most certainly they should be banned from advertising here! As themselves or secretly. That is why I have been a pest here, that when those who ask for teachers, they really must identify themselves here, or be banned from the forum!

If anyone deserves it, this guy sounds like the ideal candidate for a right good........ well, what he says.

If you do the work then you should get the pay. Crooks like this need to understand that the word goes out. And the word on Parlex is out.

Bels
11-02-2010, 23:23
There seems clearly stated that teachers are not getting paid from this school. And if this is true then something must must be done. What can expat.ru do to help , as well as other to websites for Russia do?

What can we do to help? As I don't like seeing teachers being mistreated, and especially being left unpaid. It's not on. What can we do, apart from what we are doing now!. Most certainly they should be banned from advertising here! As themselves or secretly. That is why I have been a pest here, that when those who ask for teachers, they really must identify themselves here, or be banned from the forum!

Zorillo420
12-02-2010, 21:10
это ПРОСТО - :floating: LORAN ДОЛЖЕН УМЕРЕТЬ

Bels
12-02-2010, 23:03
это ПРОСТО - :floating: LORAN ДОЛЖЕН УМЕРЕТЬ

In English please. It's Prosto? what does that mean? Loran Dolshen? I must assume on loooking at Zorillo's post?

Bels
12-02-2010, 23:12
Well written Zorrillo. But have ever tried to read yourself? Well written!! But you are difficult to read. Break yourself up to paragraghs, and let us idiots read you easier and quickly

Yes nice writing. But make it easier for our eyes when we have had a busy day. We want to quickly read and digest you more easily when we are tired. Amass of words together can be very tiring on a forum late at night. More paragraphs please!

But yes I have taken the the trouble to take your jist, and if you have read my post in the past you will know that I totally agree with you, in a lot of what you have stated.

Why do you care if I am American or British? Why do you even mention it? I am not trying to make money by selling advice! Mainly, I have commented here, so that others may avoid the mistake of working at parlex. I do not claim to have any secrets to make money that you are unaware of. My advice would be of no use to anyone with a lot of experience here. It is intended for beginners, so as you requested:
The safest way to begin is a place like Language Link or BCK. They will help pay for a lot of your expenses of coming here, but this doesn't come up front, it is reimbursed. You will also be provided with a flat. Use this time to get a feel for teaching if you have no experience. Next, you should place ads on the internet. I only went to 2 places The Moscow Times Career Center, and the ExPat site (this one). I know of others, but as my phone was constantly ringing, I didn't place any more ads. You will then get calls from individuals and schools. All of them pay better then LL & BCK. Work for as many as you can.
It is important to remember it is all about supply and demand. There are quite simply more students than teachers here. Think about it when do you have more leverage in a negotiation when you seek work, or work seeks you? The answer is obvious. You also must be able to read people too. If a secretary is calling for her boss, looking for a teacher my price goes up- this guy has money. No brainer. You need to ask the right questions to determine how much the money the clients are likely to be able to pay. Other important questions- Where is the lesson to be held, what level is the student, how many times a week, etc. All these are important factors in determining a price.
Other advice- a happy client is a great source for new students. Pick up work from the smaller schools-keep a good relationship with them, but work for several. Remember, you will need a Visa from someone! Find which are the most flexible which one will provide you with a Visa for the least hours of work. The Visa situation is the most difficult stumbling block in the entire scheme. Many teachers are now stuck leaving the country every 3 months. You need a Teacher's Work Visa. Very few companies can actually provide these. They are good for at least a year or however long you work for the company, and continue to get it stamped at the Migration Dept. Legally, there are a minimum number of hours you must work for this, or it is cancelled. I have heard rumors you can buy one for about $1000, but I have not investigated it.
More advise- you need a variety of talent. Don't believe the line that the Big 3 feed you, Never speak Russian to the students. They want you to believe it is bad. Why? They already have a difficult time finding Native English Teachers, much less finding ones with competent Russian language skills. Once students realize what an advantage it is to have a teacher which speaks Russian, they will want it. This can only make life more difficult for the Big 3, so they promote the lie Speaking Russian is bad. Speaking Russian at a high level will put a lot more money in your pocket. You will be able to teach a far wider array of students effectively. Simply put, it opens doors which are 100% shut to non-Russian speakers. I have gotten a lot of work, and high paying work, which I would have never even been considered for if I couldn't speak Russian.
There is also great money in working with the companies which generally hire English Nannies. They find tutors and Nannies for very wealthy families, so the pay is quite nice. A lot go to these companies to find tutors also. If you have the back ground and skill another similar area to go into is working as a Personal Body Guard. The demand for English speaking Body Guards here is high, and the pay is the same rate as teachers (high paid teachers) get.
Geefree advice from an AMERICAN? By the way BelsI was nothing but nice to you, and thanked you for all your useful posts in another thread. Then I asked for an update on the supposed need for the postile stamp. You didn't even reply I will avoid commenting on where you must be from

Zorillo420
13-02-2010, 06:39
!

Zorillo420
13-02-2010, 06:41
In English please. It's Prosto? what does that mean? Loran Dolshen? I must assume on loooking at Zorillo's post?

:10479:It is advice for the solving of the "Parlex" problem.

Willy
13-02-2010, 19:06

I saw they were looking for teachers again.

Zorillo420
13-02-2010, 19:14
Yes, well they do need teachers! I have spent some time going to the sites where they recruit and obtaining email addresses of their potential vicitms. I have sent out warnings to almost 100 email addreses. They formerly recruited only within Moscow, as luck would have it (HA, HA, HA), they have been forced to recruit overseas canidates - that is reflected in this forum (as we can see from some of those asking about the "school". Parlex is going down...:hooray:

Dolgoprudny Neil
13-02-2010, 20:41
They have a really nice ad in the Moscow News promising "full time positions in areas of professional English teaching".

They offer "excellent remuneration and employee benefits".

It's not April 1st yet is it?

Bels
13-02-2010, 21:24
Did you accepte an interview?

Bels
13-02-2010, 21:26
I saw they were looking for teachers again.

Where were they adverrising?

Bels
13-02-2010, 21:33
!

LOL! Why didnt' I think of that? I asked my my young son,and he told me immediately. Prosto means simple.

Bels
13-02-2010, 21:36
To tell you you the truth I believe they contacted me, and said name your price. But what is that if they don't carry out their legal obligation of paying you at all in the end? Another Harvard Moscow do you think?

They have a really nice ad in the Moscow News promising "full time positions in areas of professional English teaching".

They offer "excellent remuneration and employee benefits".

It's not April 1st yet is it?

Zorillo420
13-02-2010, 22:00
To tell you you the truth I believe they contacted me, and said name your price. But what is that if they don't carry out their legal obligation of paying you at all in the end? Another Harvard Moscow do you think?

I was at a computer once in parlex and Olga Y, the HR manager left the Skype program they were communicating on open. I read a text to her from Loran, it read,"We have so many projects now, you can offer anything you want." Obviously, he does not care, as he never comes through anyway. what a scum.

Bels
13-02-2010, 22:16
LOL. I'm no moderator, but tone down! No names, no slander without clear evidence.

Just my personal opinion. Expat.ru must be above other threads of might slander and bash as they please, without evidence. I personally believe that expat.ru should not be brought down to this level. I personally am against slandering just for the sake of it. And if it is encouraged it could bring expaat.ru down to the low level of other forums. No personal names! No slander! Without evidence. Exppat.ru is above this.

But if teachers need support against obviously crooked schools, then YES! we will support.

But don't think we are here to simply bash schools. and especially individials without clear evidence. Just my opinion.

I was at a computer once in parlex and Olga Y, the HR manager left the Skype program they were communicating on open. I read a text to her from Loran, it read,"We have so many projects now, you can offer anything you want." Obviously, he does not care, as he never comes through anyway. what a scum.

Zorillo420
13-02-2010, 22:28
I saw this with my own eyes. What more do you want? This isn't a court of law, and if it was this would not qualify as "hearsay". It is first hand, and I could swear to it under oath. The only thing which would be questioned in a court of law would be my reputation - is the source reliable...? I tell only the truth and exagerate nothing. I have given my FULL NAME on these posts in the past, if I wasn't so lazy, I would have posted Olga Y's full name. If Parlex has done nothing wrong, they have nothing to hide! On the other hand, I understand your view point. But still, I did not say anything that could be construed as damaging or immoral. Only my connection with the memorandum and the already ESTABLISHED FACT that they Фuck over teachers is unpleasant, but they do not pay teachers as we all know. I know this first hand as do my friends which have worked there.:10241:

Zorillo420
13-02-2010, 22:37
-

Zorillo420
13-02-2010, 22:39

Quite agree, quite agree...!!!:10806:

Bels
13-02-2010, 23:17
Somehow I also agree. It looks like this school doesn't pay it's teachers. However I feel protective that let's be carefull. I want don't want expat.ru to be openly slanderous. Yet I want expat.ru to be protective to the teachers coming here. It's a tight balance.

I just don't waant expat.ru having the same reputation as being a school slanderer just for the sake of it.

LOL! I was protective about the questions of Harvard school a few years back. But eventually changed my mind, And what happened there? Only those who who have been here for a few years know what I am talking about, they went bust. What they did apparently was to over promote for students and teachers. But run out of money, and their priority wasn't to pay the teachers, but to continue spending on advertising for more students and teachers. They went bust in the process.

This school looks similar, in fact we did say if they would come back under a different name. is that is what has happened?

Dolgoprudny Neil
13-02-2010, 23:37
If there is clear information of an orgainisation not paying teachers what can we do? Blacklist? Yes, but as we can see they also advertise elsewhere.

Would the press be interested in investigating the activities of Parlex? It would be a good story.

Bels
13-02-2010, 23:54
If there is clear information of an orgainisation not paying teachers what can we do? Blacklist? Yes, but as we can see they also advertise elsewhere.

Would the press be interested in investigating the activities of Parlex? It would be a good story.

Maybe not interesting to the press. if they have strong intersts in advertising and survival, they get rather weak. But yes! they do enjoy attacking the weak ones. The british press is the same . Attack the individual entrepeneurs, but not those who pay a lot to our advertising revenue. Leave the big payers alone. So you might sometimes think they are truthful, but they are not.

Yes we need a maderator here to decide if this school should be blacklisted. We need a Judge. For me I am not sure, if it is simply slander. or if it is true.

But the posts are very convincing to be true.

Zorillo420
14-02-2010, 06:31
Let us stick together and inform all we may. I wish the very best to all who come to Russia to make a better life for the wonderful people who live here. We are truely making the world a better place - never forget that!!!

Zorillo420
14-02-2010, 18:38
Yes we need a maderator here to decide if this school should be blacklisted. We need a Judge. For me I am not sure, if it is simply slander. or if it is true.

I suggest you go back over the posts on this topic. (Including your own). How can there be any question in your mind that these posts are genuine? As I have said in the past, and I will say for the last time. I have 100% positive proof that Parlex does not pay it's employees. I can offer phone numbers and testimony of 4 employees which were victimized by Loran's deceptive and immoral business practices.
Not to disrespect you Bels, but you seem to have limited recall. One minute you are convinced Parlex is фucking teachers, and then the next your not sure! I don't get it. At one time, you even stated "t is time to blacklist Parlex" What has happened to change your mind? It is not like anyone from Parlex has joined in this forum to defend Parlex. I just do not understand your thought process. Which side are you going to fall on? It is perfectly clear - Parlex is to be avoided by teachers.
Please stop questioning the legitimacy of these claims - I have evidence, and I am more than willing to present it to anyone who can get Parlex blacklisted. It is time to put up or shut up. Please stop stitting on the fence, especially when someone is kicking in your door, pratically begging you to look at the evidence you will need to make up your mind about this all.
My messages about Parlex are not slanderous, and I would appreciate it if you never use these words again when refering to my comments about Parlex - it is INSULTING!

Bels
14-02-2010, 22:38
We need facts. We also need a moderator aor admin in this case to decide on this case. The mod or admin will recieve Pms and decide what is fact, and what isn't. Claimed phone calls can't be evidence.

Although I repeat. Idon't want any teacher coming to this country for a job, and then for them to find out they have major problems for example. That sort of thing must be stopped. The same as employers who fail to to carry out their contract and pay their toeachers their much needed income on time. Any company who has such faults must be dealt with firmly, one way or another. That's all I can say.

Anybody can PM with facts, and believe me I will take it seriously.

I suggest you go back over the posts on this topic. (Including your own). How can there be any question in your mind that these posts are genuine? As I have said in the past, and I will say for the last time. I have 100% positive proof that Parlex does not pay it's employees. I can offer phone numbers and testimony of 4 employees which were victimized by Loran's deceptive and immoral business practices.
Not to disrespect you Bels, but you seem to have limited recall. One minute you are convinced Parlex is фucking teachers, and then the next your not sure! I don't get it. At one time, you even stated "t is time to blacklist Parlex" What has happened to change your mind? It is not like anyone from Parlex has joined in this forum to defend Parlex. I just do not understand your thought process. Which side are you going to fall on? It is perfectly clear - Parlex is to be avoided by teachers.
Please stop questioning the legitimacy of these claims - I have evidence, and I am more than willing to present it to anyone who can get Parlex blacklisted. It is time to put up or shut up. Please stop stitting on the fence, especially when someone is kicking in your door, pratically begging you to look at the evidence you will need to make up your mind about this all.
My messages about Parlex are not slanderous, and I would appreciate it if you never use these words again when refering to my comments about Parlex - it is INSULTING!

Bels
14-02-2010, 22:49
It is bad enough that we have teachers coming here and they eventually discover that their income is not good enough to live decently here, with no oppurtunity to save for a rainy day.

Hence it is the obligation of major threads to sort out major problems of expats coming here who have big problems, such as not being payed as not promised. It is our responsibility to help them if this becomes true with believable evidence.

When we have this evidence, we must do the best we can to help.

Zorillo420
14-02-2010, 22:56
We need facts. We also need a moderator aor admin in this case to decide on this case. The mod or admin will recieve Pms and decide what is fact, and what isn't. Claimed phone calls can't be evidence.

Anybody can PM with facts, and believe me I will take it seriously.

Sorry Bels, but I find it hard to believe you will (or can) do anything. What you are suggesting does not make any sense. You (or who) will determine what is and isn't a fact - by what method? So, victims are to only PM and you will take it seriously, but if they post for all to see, you will not reguard it as evidence? Also phone calls from victims are not vaild as evidence - only PMs? Where is the logic in this?
You keep taking about a moderator or an administrator to handle this - well, it has been a couple months - where is this admin or mod? You have been a member here a long time - have you no pull!? Since this is a real problem, and you claim to be concerened - I now must question the vaildity of your "concern". As you are only talking and doing nothing, I must consider you to be a part of the problem - not the solution.
So, old member - get an admin or mod - or drop this forum. You are wasting everyone's time here. Do you not see this!? Stop talking about it, and do it.:soapbox:

Dolgoprudny Neil
15-02-2010, 14:19
Maybe not interesting to the press. if they have strong intersts in advertising and survival, they get rather weak. But yes! they do enjoy attacking the weak ones. The british press is the same . Attack the individual entrepeneurs, but not those who pay a lot to our advertising revenue. Leave the big payers alone. So you might sometimes think they are truthful, but they are not.

Bels, I think if expats are getting screwed then a newspaper for expats would be interested. Advertising revenue? I doubt that losing Parlex's advertising revenue would affect the MN's survival. So I really don't understand your point of view.

Newspapers and truth? That's an entirely different matter. Nothing really to do with what I posted.

What are you not sure about? I know two teachers who are owed money by Parlex. Others have come forward here, and there are others.

As I pointed out before, nobody is contradicting these claims. Time to get off the fence :soapbox:

MickeyTong
15-02-2010, 19:38
I would think that Mods and Admins of this forum keep a watch out for posts which are libelous, and none of them have jumped in here and said: Stop!

A statement is libelous only if it isn't true, or if it is not a fair comment made in the belief that it is true.

Criticism of Parlex has come from teachers with direct experience there, and I've no reason to doubt their veracity.

No one has written anything positive about the place, even though Parlex staff probably look at this forum...

Willy
15-02-2010, 19:44
I would think that Mods and Admins of this forum keep a watch out for posts which are libelous, and none of them have jumped in here and said: Stop!

A statement is libelous only if it isn't true, or if it is fair comment made in the belief that it is true.

Criticism of Parlex has come from teachers with direct experience there, and I've no reason to doubt their veracity.

No one has written anything positive about the place, even though Parlex staff probably look at this forum...

Mickey Tong stop for a minute and look who your talking to.

Zorillo420
15-02-2010, 20:22
"Mickey Tong stop for a minute and look who your talking to."Willy Wild Man

you mean who you're talking to...

Please explain this comment. You assume he is using language over the head of the idiots which frequent this forum? I don't get the thought here.

Willy
15-02-2010, 20:30
"Mickey Tong stop for a minute and look who your talking to."Willy Wild Man

you mean who you're talking to...

Please explain this comment. You assume he is using language over the head of the idiots which frequent this forum? I don't get the thought here.

He's knows.

But for you I'll explain, he talk to Bels.

How's my grandma now?

Zorillo420
15-02-2010, 20:37
It is bad enough that we have teachers coming here and they eventually discover that their income is not good enough to live decently here, with no oppurtunity to save for a rainy day.

Hence it is the obligation of major threads to sort out major problems of expats coming here who have big problems, such as not being payed as not promised. It is our responsibility to help them if this becomes true with believable evidence.

When we have this evidence, we must do the best we can to help.

Bels,
You are so full of shit, and I am tired of hearing your empty words and empty promises. How many times do we have to tell you - WE HAVE PROOF!!! Why don't you, as a member in long standing with this forum, stop making posts here and do something. Honestly, I don't think you should post here anymore until you tell us - "Here is the moderator and admin, and here is how you present your evidence." I say this because there are REAL PEOPLE which have been hurt by this scum of a company and SCUM of a CEO - LORAN A. You claim to care for teachers, but all I hear are empty words coming from you, and they have been coming for far too long! Why don't you get some BALLS and do something or at least if you can't, stop jerking us around! It is easy to see, you really don't take any of this seriously - and meanwhile you are enabling PARLEX to continue to screw over teachers. You are contributing to the problem by not being a part of the soultion! Do you really not understand that? I really don't know what you are waiting for. SO, until you do what we need, as I have kindly asked, please stay the HELL OUT OF THIS FORUM.

Zorillo420
15-02-2010, 20:41
He's knows.

But for you I'll explain, he talk to Bels.

How's my grandma now?

HA! That is фucking hilarious! You got me again! I must learn to look deeper into you texts! :thumbsup: COOL, COOL, COOL!!!

WILLY RULES!!!

Willy
15-02-2010, 20:42
Bels,
You are so full of shit, and I am tired of hearing your empty words and empty promises. How many times do we have to tell you - WE HAVE PROOF!!! Why don't you, as a member in long standing with this forum, stop making posts here and do something. Honestly, I don't think you should post here anymore until you tell us - "Here is the moderator and admin, and here is how you present your evidence." I say this because there are REAL PEOPLE which have been hurt by this scum of a company and SCUM of a CEO - LORAN A. You claim to care for teachers, but all I hear are empty words coming from you, and they have been coming for far too long! Why don't you get some BALLS and do something or at least if you can't, stop jerking us around! It is easy to see, you really don't take any of this seriously - and meanwhile you are enabling PARLEX to continue to screw over teachers. You are contributing to the problem by not beaing a part of the soultion! Do you really not understand that? I really don't know what you are waiting for. SO, until you do what we need, as I have kindly asked, please stay the HELL OUT OF THIS FORUM.

Now he gets it!

MickeyTong
15-02-2010, 20:50
...the idiots which....

Or "...the idiots who..."?

Willy
15-02-2010, 20:55
HA! That is фucking hilarious! You got me again! I must learn to look deeper into you texts! :thumbsup: COOL, COOL, COOL!!!

WILLY RULES!!!

Into YOUR text, not you text.

Zorillo420
15-02-2010, 20:56
Bels
"We need facts." (It must make for interesting reading and nothing more). "We also need a moderator aor admin in this case to decide on this case." (Okay, so where are they?) "The mod or admin will recieve Pms and decide what is fact, and what isn't. Claimed phone calls can't be evidence." (So if you understand the system so well, then why aren't you doing anything?)

"Although I repeat. Idon't want any teacher coming to this country for a job, and then for them to find out they have major problems for example. That sort of thing must be stopped." (BLAH, BLAH, BLAH) "The same as employers who fail to to carry out their contract and pay their toeachers their much needed income on time. Any company who has such faults must be dealt with firmly, one way or another." (Then if you care so much why aren't you doing anything? "That's all I can say." (We should be so lucky!!!)

"Anybody can PM with facts, and believe me I will take it seriously." (Okay, I will cut and paste the last 7 pages of this post and PM it too you!!!)

Bels, do somethng or I will cut and paste your own comments about this situation,post them here, and everyone will see how you go back and forth on this issue. What is your problem? It is clear you have no recall of your own posts and what you have read and written...

Do you really want me to do this? You won't like it!!!:fudd:

Willy
15-02-2010, 20:58
Or "...the idiots who..."?

Now you did it, you went and got Mickey mad!

Never F**k with a guy in a kilt!

Hey wait a minute that didn't sound to good.

Oh you know what I mean.

Don't make Mickey mad!

MickeyTong
15-02-2010, 21:00
Now you did it, you went and got Mickey mad!

Never F**k with a guy in a kilt!

Hey wait a minute that didn't sound to good.

Oh you know what I mean.

Don't make Mickey mad!

Are you trying to butter me up?

Zorillo420
15-02-2010, 21:03
after all, we're English teachers, not secretaries...

Willy
15-02-2010, 21:12
Are you trying to butter me up?

Depends on what you got up your kilt

Willy
15-02-2010, 21:14
after all, we're English teachers, not secretaries...

Yeah well those jokes aren't that funny anyway.

And we pretty much f*ck this thread.

Zorillo420
15-02-2010, 21:23
лучше выпить водку...и я буду...кто еще так хочет?!!!:10518:

J.D.
15-02-2010, 21:42
yeah

nobodies fool

Bels
15-02-2010, 21:52
Yeah well those jokes aren't that funny anyway.

And we pretty much f*ck this thread.

Please errrr! explain exactly what you are talking about.

Willy
15-02-2010, 22:00
Please errrr! explain exactly what you are talking about.

No way!

I'm no gluten for punishment.

Bels
15-02-2010, 22:01
My problem is that we have a mixture of very upset teachers, who might be telling the truth. And if they can be seen as factually accuraate expat.ru will strongly support them. When I see facts I will pursuade moderators and admin to clearly blacklist this company. PM me, But empty storis and slanders won't work.

But yes! Strangely enough. I believe you. Because I hear no argument from other side. Keep going and convince all of us. This might well be another Harvard. PM me, with fact and evidence only. And I promise I will do something!

Bels
"We need facts." (It must make for interesting reading and nothing more). "We also need a moderator aor admin in this case to decide on this case." (Okay, so where are they?) "The mod or admin will recieve Pms and decide what is fact, and what isn't. Claimed phone calls can't be evidence." (So if you understand the system so well, then why aren't you doing anything?)

"Although I repeat. Idon't want any teacher coming to this country for a job, and then for them to find out they have major problems for example. That sort of thing must be stopped." (BLAH, BLAH, BLAH) "The same as employers who fail to to carry out their contract and pay their toeachers their much needed income on time. Any company who has such faults must be dealt with firmly, one way or another." (Then if you care so much why aren't you doing anything? "That's all I can say." (We should be so lucky!!!)

"Anybody can PM with facts, and believe me I will take it seriously." (Okay, I will cut and paste the last 7 pages of this post and PM it too you!!!)

Bels, do somethng or I will cut and paste your own comments about this situation,post them here, and everyone will see how you go back and forth on this issue. What is your problem? It is clear you have no recall of your own posts and what you have read and written...

Do you really want me to do this? You won't like it!!!:fudd:

ezik
16-02-2010, 01:11
Expat.ru does not "blacklist" any companies. This is solely because of the fact that if we did, we could face serious legal charges.

This is a thread about a school, we have had threads about other companies, offering e.g. visas or wealth management services.

We have had numerous calls and emails from companies that didn't like what was said about them on these forums and asked Expat.ru to remove the threads and all content. We never did and never will.

If you, members and contributors to this site decide that a company is no good, it will be here on the forum. The opinion of the forum is your common opinion. It's what you make it.

This site, however, cannot afford to blacklist any company. If we start doing that, we'll simply disappear in a chain of lawsuits.

Bels
16-02-2010, 23:06
That's a good comment, And what opinions are stated here I am sure will be taken seriously into consideretion by teachers and potential students or parents of students when they they make their search of enquiries into the name of this school.

As a matter of interst, can anyone respond here has made such a search and found this state they have searched for Parlex? As you will be most welcome to comment. Surely somebody has found this thread by search or recommendation. Please respond as you are most welcome.

Judge
16-02-2010, 23:18
Here's one member who found Expat.ru and this thread when he searched for Parlex.

http://www.expat.ru/forum/showthread.php?p=620771#post620771

Zorillo420
17-02-2010, 07:18
[QUOTE=ADMIN]Expat.ru does not "blacklist" any companies. This is solely because of the fact that if we did, we could face serious legal charges.

Since when can you face legal charges for refusing to advertise for a company? Show me the law. Do you make money at expat from language companies through advertising revenue? I do not know, but I would like this question answered. I am done here.
Bels, if you want the truth, I suggest you go work for Parlex and find out for yourself.

InfoHunter
09-03-2010, 02:03
Wow, my suspicions about this company were true. I'm glad I blew them off and there were several red flags in the meeting I had with Loran and his assistant:

1) The promise of having an apartment at any station in Moscow, or even a car/driver.
2) 80K / month regardless of the number of hours.
3) Not saying exactly who his clients were.
4) Complaining that Americans who work abroad don't take their jobs. seriously ... hard to do that if you're being screwed around with!
5) Generally pushy and wanting me to make a decision post haste.
6) Telling me that the extension to the teacher visas still exist ... they don't
7) Giving you a 3 month probationary period where they decide to renew your visa or refuse to help you when you would need immediate sponsorship for a new visa.
8) Loran just generally acting like he though he was king and had all these connections. A bit too full of himself if you ask me and I could see through that.

I ignored their repeated calls to have me come work for them after I interviewed. I just didn't feel right afterward. I am especially glad after all the discontent I read on here!:irule: Everything I heard from them was a good mixture of sounding too good to be true and BULL $---!

Anyone who gives this company bad press, I'm all for and STAY AWAY FROM THEM!

By the way, their most recent office, which probably changes frequently for fear of being followed or attacked, is right near Paveletskaya Station and, very strangely, there's a clock in the reception area that ticks backwards -- an OMEN that this company is definitely awry (to say the least).

Zorillo420
09-03-2010, 07:32
I am glad someone finally mentioned the clock. I could never get used to it. :jester: I find your remarks relating the company and the clock to be quite insightful. You are off to a good start here in Moscow. Imagine Americans lazy! Yeah, we have eaned our reputation as assholes, but we are definitely not lazy...

xSnoofovich
09-03-2010, 11:39
If you have the back ground and skill another similar area to go into is working as a Personal Body Guard. The demand for English speaking Body Guards here is high, and the pay is the same rate as teachers get.

So what you are saying is that I can get shot at or stabbed for 800-1200 rub an ak hour? Gee, that is pretty awesome.

Where do I sign up?

InfoHunter
09-03-2010, 15:46
They are unbelievable.

InfoHunter
09-03-2010, 16:15
Hello,

I hope you didn't take a job with them. See my most recent post to avoid being taken for a ride. Moreover, whatever salary you were promised, think about it for a minute: we're in economically hard times where people and corporations are in SURVIVAL mode. In other words, don't expect much from anyone out there, especially this place. The manager is an intelligent person, but didn't know there are equally as intelligent people who can smell through his bull s--- fast. I was one such person and advise all others to run from this place. And this was just a sense that I got. Good luck.

kapione
16-03-2010, 12:36
Teachers stay far away from them ! after 9 plus pages here on my post we have heard enough to make this conclusion Parlex is a scam school

Fact is all schools do not pay a livable wage, blame the "financial crisis" for this but are charging individuals and companies record high tuition costs ....
Fact,all schools do communicate and price fix teachers salary rates
fact , all schools will communicate bad info to discredit teachers , this is the divide and conquer rule to have desperate teachers accept lower salaries

Native speaking teachers better understand this :we are a commodity, there are not enough long term experienced native speaking teachers in Moscow now

supply and demand dictates this : low supply of a commodity = higher price for said commodity

Stop accepting salaries suitable for 2005/2006 (600-750py per academic hour) get a backbone ,walk out .... you will see schools are more desperate for native speakers than ever before .....need any advice PM me on this matter

Zorillo420
16-03-2010, 13:21
It is a fact. Supply & Demand dictates all. One thing in common I have found among the best teachers - ("the best" are businessmen first - by my definition) - is that they work freelance as much as possible. The objective with any worthwhile for profit business is to make as much money as possible. This fact alone dictates you should stay away from language schools. Get as much money as you can. It is the freelance teachers which control the rates, not the schools. They only help us by overcharging and underservicing clients. Clients which we then get. The rules of thumb since 2007 has been not to go under 1500 for 90 minutes. We all know this. I experience says, in general the price is going up. What you can get is really dependant upon your business skills. I am assuming you have the teaching skills to then keep the client, or you are wasting your time anyway!

xSnoofovich
16-03-2010, 13:50

Zorillo420
16-03-2010, 16:57
xSnoofovich
"Engrish teachers live in their own minds !

How many people that are posting here will be here in 1 year? 2 years?

The "fact" that so many of you are "business-men" is a joke. Poaching clients from schools and bitching about not being paid enough is not a "business".

At best, it is a short-term hustle.

If you are still around after 5 or 8 years, haven't worked for a school to "find" your students for you in more than a few years, and still have enough money to live a comfortable lifestyle, then I would say you are an actual entrepreneur."

Until then.....
Yeah, whatever. Your reading skills are seriously lacking. Who said teachers were businessmen? No one made this claim. What is your point? I said the best teachers are businessmen by MY DEFINITION. I didn't say how many there are, or the pecentage of which qualify as businessmen. Who brought up poaching clients from schools? I mentioned that unsatisfied clients eventually seek private teachers. No one is bitching about not being paid enough, except the losers working for the "schools" you seem to want to protect. I would never work in a school to "find" students! I don't even look for students, there are so many here, they find me.
No one brought up entrepreneurs but you, and your qualifiers are lame. You could teach here 50 years supporting your family and I would not consider you an entrepreneur- just successful.
You sure your name isn't Loran?

xSnoofovich
16-03-2010, 17:41
Why are you being so defensive? Shouldn't you be out smoking pot somewhere?

Zorillo420
16-03-2010, 21:27
And your point is...?

Bels
16-03-2010, 22:13
So what you are saying is that I can get shot at or stabbed for 800-1200 rub an ak hour? Gee, that is pretty awesome.

Where do I sign up?

Not for me. But I know you were being sarcastic. But the actual price is now between 1800 roubles and 2500 roubles per hour for a native speaking. But for those risking their lives as some form of security or bodyguards for wealthy people? I would think the figure would be much higher. Such people in such great danger could afford ex SAS for example.

xSnoofovich
16-03-2010, 22:18
And your point is...?

My point is this-

You are maybe the 4th generation of people with the same attitude that I have seen come thru Moscow.

If you are around in so many years, we can talk :)

Until then, I am confused, are you a bodyguard that freelances as an Engrish teacher, or an Engrish teacher that freelances as a bodyguard.

My first name does happen to be Loran. And what of it?

Bels
16-03-2010, 22:23
Err! Thankyou that is me, and I believe a few others here. You are not tlking to Teachers' forum forum. where they are around only for a short period of time, you are now in expat.ru.

And yes I do sympathise with some some teachers here who need to make a start in Russia, and they shouldn't be used and abused. Yes you can make good income in Russia. But only when you are capable of doing it yourself direct. I can't see a third party offering the income of 2000 roubles per hour including travel etc. Plus themselves making a profit.

xSnoofovich
"Engrish teachers live in their own minds !

How many people that are posting here will be here in 1 year? 2 years?

The "fact" that so many of you are "business-men" is a joke. Poaching clients from schools and bitching about not being paid enough is not a "business".

At best, it is a short-term hustle.

If you are still around after 5 or 8 years, haven't worked for a school to "find" your students for you in more than a few years, and still have enough money to live a comfortable lifestyle, then I would say you are an actual entrepreneur."

Until then.....
Yeah, whatever. Your reading skills are seriously lacking. Who said teachers were businessmen? No one made this claim. What is your point? I said the best teachers are businessmen by MY DEFINITION. I didn't say how many there are, or the pecentage of which qualify as businessmen. Who brought up poaching clients from schools? I mentioned that unsatisfied clients eventually seek private teachers. No one is bitching about not being paid enough, except the losers working for the "schools" you seem to want to protect. I would never work in a school to "find" students! I don't even look for students, there are so many here, they find me.
No one brought up entrepreneurs but you, and your qualifiers are lame. You could teach here 50 years supporting your family and I would not consider you an entrepreneur- just successful.
You sure your name isn't Loran?

xSnoofovich
16-03-2010, 22:33
Err! Thankyou that is me, and I believe a few others here. You are not tlking to Teachers' forum forum. where they are around only for a short period of time, you are now in expat.ru.

And yes I do sympathise with some some teachers here who need to make a start in Russia, and they shouldn't be used and abused. Yes you can make good income in Russia. But only when you are capable of doing it yourself direct. I can't see a third party offering the income of 2000 roubles per hour including travel etc. Plus themselves making a profit.

1. Why should someone offer 2000 rubles per hour Bels. Explain that to me please. In case you have forgotten, this is Russia. A nice salary, even in Moscow, is 30k rub a month. 30k ! Think about that !

2. English schools a) must pay rent. b) have staff c) advertise to get students d) hire teachers e) listen to bitchy teachers whine about stupid little problems because they think they are better than Russians ( But I am a native English Speaker ! But in my country.... look at me on the pedestal....lalalalalala f) expect to make some profit for the owner at the end of the day.

3. This is a backpacker's paradise. Like that song said cept, a remix I want my moscow see, the hot blonde chicks for nothing and the sex for free. And use teaching English to get that. Kudos to them ! How many people have come and gone? This guy isn't the first, and won't be the last.....

Dolgoprudny Neil
16-03-2010, 23:00
1. Why should someone offer 2000 rubles per hour Bels. Explain that to me please. In case you have forgotten, this is Russia. A nice salary, even in Moscow, is 30k rub a month. 30k ! Think about that !

2. English schools a) must pay rent. b) have staff c) advertise to get students d) hire teachers e) listen to bitchy teachers whine about stupid little problems because they think they are better than Russians ( But I am a native English Speaker ! But in my country.... look at me on the pedestal....lalalalalala f) expect to make some profit for the owner at the end of the day.

3. This is a backpacker's paradise. Like that song said cept, a remix I want my moscow see, the hot blonde chicks for nothing and the sex for free. And use teaching English to get that. Kudos to them ! How many people have come and gone? This guy isn't the first, and won't be the last.....

I understand your argument about backpackers. I also agree with you that native speakers are not automatically the best teachers.

However, "e) listen to bitchy teachers whine about stupid little problems". Sorry, but this thread is about teachers not being paid. I've got a family to support. If someone didn't pay you, would you complain? I know I would. Not all of us are just here for a holiday.

Bels
16-03-2010, 23:07
Why indeed. It be paid totally as a group sharing the price. Or it be on to one to the wealthy who can afford it. Of whom demand to come to their homes in the Rublevka area. Of whom you would also charge the taxi fares if they don;t have a personal driver. Funny enough , you end up with your own personal driver, when established. You soon get to know the drivers who ask you to be their regular driver, once established.

Yes! 2000 in total whether group or one to one. Charge more obviously for a group if your premises are very expensive. And the do in the Rublevka are, premises and costs of bribes can be very expensive, and should be taken into account.

I am lucky. I pay for a classroom from the state,and yes a lot of redtape, but for the price? It was worth it. And due to that I am capable of providing a god worthwhile community service to young children, without overcharging them.

xSnoofovich
16-03-2010, 23:41
I understand your argument about backpackers. I also agree with you that native speakers are not automatically the best teachers.

However, "e) listen to bitchy teachers whine about stupid little problems". Sorry, but this thread is about teachers not being paid. I've got a family to support. If someone didn't pay you, would you complain? I know I would. Not all of us are just here for a holiday.

Sure, not all people fall into this category. However, If one were to sit on the admin side of an English school for awhile, one would see things a bit different. Whining about stupid little problems doesn't have to be about pay. If someone works, they should get paid. Nuff said.

However, one time I remember one teacher that said " The place they sent me was 10 min walk from the metro ! That is just too far. So I asked for something closer, and they said they didn't have anything. I asked them to pay for a taxi, and they said no ! So I just quit. "

Dolgoprudny Neil
17-03-2010, 10:54
Sure, not all people fall into this category. However, If one were to sit on the admin side of an English school for awhile, one would see things a bit different. Whining about stupid little problems doesn't have to be about pay. If someone works, they should get paid. Nuff said.

However, one time I remember one teacher that said " The place they sent me was 10 min walk from the metro ! That is just too far. So I asked for something closer, and they said they didn't have anything. I asked them to pay for a taxi, and they said no ! So I just quit. "

That may well be the case, but.... the admin side of an English school? I am lucky at present with who I work for. However, there have been issues in the past with pay-the lack of it. Further, when is a cancellation not a cancellation? When the school has to pay the teacher. Then they call it rescheduling and the teacher loses out again. There are some very poor admin offices around.

I think you have picked an example of a bad teacher. This thread is about getting paid, which you have agreed is not right. So lay off my profession please. I dislike having my career run down in such a generalised way. Actually, I know many dedicated and professional teachers-yes I know a couple of clowns too-and most of us can walk ten minutes!

xSnoofovich
17-03-2010, 11:34
I dislike having my career run down in such a generalised way. Actually, I know many dedicated and professional teachers-yes I know a couple of clowns too-and most of us can walk ten minutes!

No doubt about it, teaching English is a hard job !

Not being paid is part of the Russian experiance. It happens in all sectors to all levels of employees.

I think there are several things to mention here:

1) These types of schools pray on people, be that teachers, or students.
2) These types of schools seem to attract the same sort of teachers, again and again.
3) There are many many schools that are fairly well run, pay on time, and are great to be part of.

As to the "professionality" of teachers, well, I just got a call from an admin at one school complaining that a teacher just called to inform them that s/he will be sick for several weeks, and then after that, s/he has to do a visa run. So, now s/he has to find someone to teach a group as of yesterday !

I can't imagine that happening back in America. Just calling up your boss and saying - Hey you know, I am sick today, tomorrow, and for the next few weeks. So, see you when I see you, and oh, by the way, please hold me job for me.

Dolgoprudny Neil
17-03-2010, 13:19
Surely that issue is about the professionalism of individuals. What that person's job is does not influence their behaviour.

Not getting paid is part of the Russian experience? Not really. Just part of the experience at places like Parlex, about whom we have heard a great deal.

I could add some stories about admin that I have encountered, but I know that the bad ones do not mean that all are bad.

xSnoofovich
17-03-2010, 15:13
Not getting paid is part of the Russian experience? Not really..

What about Pikalevo? And there are more cases like this in Moscow. A friend I knew worked at MuzTv, she wasn't paid for 6 months ! She loved her job, but had to find a second job to support herself.

Zorillo420
17-03-2010, 22:08
My point is this-

You are maybe the 4th generation of people with the same attitude that I have seen come thru Moscow.

If you are around in so many years, we can talk :)

Until then, I am confused, are you a bodyguard that freelances as an Engrish teacher, or an Engrish teacher that freelances as a bodyguard.

My first name does happen to be Loran. And what of it?

First - to your name. I made the comment about Loran being your name because that is the name of the ahole that фucks everybody over at Parlex, and you reflect much of the same attitude as he. It was a joke.
Second - my first contact with your posts was when you isolated one sentence (yes, the least important one), from a requested post. It was obvious you did it out of sarcasm, so I ignored it. I am here to help people, not piss them off. What you say and post reflects a lot about your personality and life views, so I did not want to even respond to your worthless post.
ThirdIt is obvious by your posts you work for a school, and not as a teacher. I figured out within 4 months of living in Moscow that it is much more lucrative to work independently than for ANY school. Anyone here that works for a school is either - not interested in money, very lazy, can't speak Russian, knows nothing about running a simple business, is overwhelmed easily, or just here for the very short term and is not here to make money. Anything else just does not make sense to me. Why earn less than you are capable of?
This third reason is the one that sticks the most. I do not know one single intelligent person that works for a school here. NO ONE! They may work enough hours to get the Visa, and that is it.
The simple fact is this - why would I share my earnings with a school I do not need? What is in it for me?! Answer - nothing. Fools work for schools!
The fact that you are an admin for a school says a lot about you. I know you do not make that much money! This is an expensive city! Life in general is expensive! There is a lot of money here to be made! What the Hell is wrong with you? You don't like money? You don't have a family? Seems to me you have taken the easy way out, and I do not respect that! But, hey- to each his own. If you are happy, who cares what I or anyone else thinks!
The point is that this forum is here to help people, and your comments are not doing that in any way, shape or form. You are discouraging people from talking a route which will lead to the most profit for them, and will encourage people to support the "school"system as employees. Good for you though!
I guess you know now why anyone can get 2000 and up (up, up, up) for a lesson (and you always did), because I'm sure your school charges more! Don't play naive. You are not fooling anyone here.
The unimportant: I worked as a bodyguard for the Kazakhstan President's Family from 2008-2009. I was never shot at or stabbed. Now more of my hours are dedicated to teaching, but I take off jobs when they are available. I only gave that advice to people because the money is good, and I thought maybe someone here besides me had the background and experience to take advantage of this opportunity.
Think what you will - I do not give a фuck - I am buying a ticket to Amsterdam!

Dolgoprudny Neil
17-03-2010, 22:14
What about Pikalevo? And there are more cases like this in Moscow. A friend I knew worked at MuzTv, she wasn't paid for 6 months ! She loved her job, but had to find a second job to support herself.

Look at the next part of the quote (which you 'missed out'). It's only the bad companies which give this experience. I don't think that it's part of the Russian experience. Not mine anyway.

Bels
17-03-2010, 22:16
Don't be offended. Your post have been appreciated here, and have probably helped to give some readers some thought. I wish to congratulate you on your going to a great place, such as Amsterdam. members can be misunderstood here, including me and Xsnoosovich. To be argumentative is not necessarily being offensive to anyone. In fact we don't know you, or many here. And that is fact. We only see the written word. Think about it.

First - to your name. I made the comment about Loran being your name because that is the name of the ahole that фucks everybody over at Parlex, and you reflect much of the same attitude as he. It was a joke.
Second - my first contact with your posts was when you isolated one sentence (yes, the least important one), from a requested post. It was obvious you did it out of sarcasm, so I ignored it. I am here to help people, not piss them off. What you say and post reflects a lot about your personality and life views, so I did not want to even respond to your worthless post.
[B]Third[B] It is obvious by your posts you work for a school, and not as a teacher. I figured out within 4 months of living in Moscow that it is much more lucrative to work independently than for ANY school. Anyone here that works for a school is either - not interested in money, very lazy, can't speak Russian, knows nothing about running a simple business, is overwhelmed easily, or just here for the very short term and is not here to make money. Anything else just does not make sense to me. Why earn less than you are capable of?
This third reason is the one that sticks the most. I do not know one single intelligent person that works for a school here. NO ONE! They may work enough hours to get the Visa, and that is it.
The simple fact is this - why would I share my earnings with a school I do not need? What is in it for me?! Answer - nothing. Fools work for schools!
The fact that you are an admin for a school says a lot about you. I know you do not make that much money! This is an expensive city! Life in general is expensive! There is a lot of money here to be made! What the Hell is wrong with you? You don't like money? You don't have a family? Seems to me you have taken the easy way out, and I do not respect that! But, hey- to each his own. If you are happy, who cares what I or anyone else thinks!
The point is that this forum is here to help people, and your comments are not doing that in any way, shape or form. You are discouraging people from talking a route which will lead to the most profit for them, and will encourage people to support the "school"system as employees. Good for you though!
I guess you know now why anyone can get 2000 and up (up, up, up) for a lesson (and you always did), because I'm sure your school charges more! Don't play naive. You are not fooling anyone here.
[B]The unimportant[B]: I worked as a bodyguard for the Kazakhstan President's Family from 2008-2009. I was never shot at or stabbed. Now more of my hours are dedicated to teaching, but I take off jobs when they are available. I only gave that advice to people because the money is good, and I thought maybe someone here besides me had the background and experience to take advantage of this opportunity.
Think what you will - I do not give a фuck - I am buying a ticket to Amsterdam!

xSnoofovich
17-03-2010, 22:48
Look at the next part of the quote (which you 'missed out'). It's only the bad companies which give this experience. I don't think that it's part of the Russian experience. Not mine anyway.

Sure, I just wanted to point out to you that it isn't only English teachers that have a hard time with pay here. That is it...

xSnoofovich
17-03-2010, 22:51

You are one little angry man, aren't you?

and

Yes, sadly, you have found my true identity.

I failed as an English teacher, and the lure of the dark side was too much for me. So, I became an admin at an English school.

You are good !

Now, can you guess which school I work for?

Zorillo420
18-03-2010, 12:12
You are one little angry man, aren't you?

and

Yes, sadly, you have found my true identity.

I failed as an English teacher, and the lure of the dark side was too much for me. So, I became an admin at an English school.

You are good !

Now, can you guess which school I work for?

No, you are incorrect. I am not a 'little angry man". I could care less where you work. My only interest concerning you is why you are on this forum. I have seen nothing you have written which is intended to help others. Everything which comes out of you is negative.

xSnoofovich
18-03-2010, 12:20
My only interest concerning you is why you are on this forum. I have seen nothing you have written which is intended to help others. Everything which comes out of you is negative.

Right, Mr.-I-post-only-in-parlex-sux-as-a-school-thread-and-I-need-help-getting-new-russian-visa-thread.

Bels
19-03-2010, 21:16
I amm sorry, but you are wrong. The way I see it is that xsnoosovitch is trying to help new teachers to be aware. There are problems in Russia of non payment of income, and promises of salaries not carried out. He is asking for teachers to be aware of this. He is on this forum as a long term member because he wants info, and wants to be part of the expat community.

Negative no! Positive Yes, Schools treat professional teachers well and with respect! That is all he is asking, and that is all the others are asking. And as you can see from this thread he has received much support. And so he should.

Every due respect for strting this thread, of which by the way is not only covered in expat.ru, but in several other forums, including ESLcafe.com.

The issue is not a fairy tale, it really is happening to real people.

No, you are incorrect. I am not a 'little angry man". I could care less where you work. My only interest concerning you is why you are on this forum. I have seen nothing you have written which is intended to help others. Everything which comes out of you is negative.

carriehhh
25-03-2010, 16:14
No doubt about it, teaching English is a hard job !

Not being paid is part of the Russian experiance. It happens in all sectors to all levels of employees.

I've spent the last forty or so minutes reading this thread (and it certainly is epic), which has been enlightening for many reasons.

I've chosen to highlight xSnoofovich's comment about not being paid because I think it typifies the culture clash which is magnified so clearly when we enter the realm of TEFL.

There will always be dodgy schools out there; I think English teaching is seen by many Russians as a way to make a quick buck, and certainly many of them succeed. It's definitely a good thing to warn teachers about Parlex (I say this not based on my personal experience, but based on comments I've read in this thread and elsewhere) but I don't think this forum is a place for 'blacklisting'; a forum is a place for discussion, not for 'militant' action. As for not paying teachers, this is a serious issue - I worked for OxfordCrown who at one point were delaying teachers' pay and not paying their administrative staff at all. That may be the way in Russia - and certainly, although Russian staff complained to me about not being paid, they never refused to work nor complained to the director - but it is not the way in the UK or US.

But so what? How do we resolve this issue? If a language school isn't going to pay you, they're not going to pay you. It's a good idea to warn teachers about certain schools but, as xSnoofovich says, this is Russia. Sometimes it's difficult.

Similarly, there will always be teachers out there who come to Russia because they think the living is easy. I'm sure there are many teachers out there who, like xSnoofovich says, call in sick too often and generally mess the company around. However, that's not the majority, and if all schools treated their staff with respect rather than suspicion then the system would work better for everyone. Also - hire better people!

Anyway, that's my opinion - I'm not taking anyone's side, just voicing my own views. Feel free to comment.

However, one thing I have to say is, as a teacher looking to return to Russia in September, this thread is becoming less and less useful because - quite simply - it is full of bickering.

You've established that Parlex is a bad school to work for. Can the slanging match end now?

xSnoofovich
25-03-2010, 23:13

If only we had such voices of reason among us already !

Bels
25-03-2010, 23:25
I think it is important that those new people considering to coming to Russia are aware of other more experienced teachers experiences of Russia. As that is partly what a forum is all about.

As you can see, we don't simply slander, in fact we rarely do here. Only two schools of which I can remember have had a unanimous negative reaction. And that has been Harvard of who are now extict, and Parlex. There are probably many more.

However we do advise also for those potential teachers who are interested of where to go. No we don't make it sound exciting, we simply tell you the truth. If you don't like the truth, then waht else can we do.

NO! if there are problems, and complaints. Then the complaints should continue. This is the balacklist thread. But there might be others , as hard times arrive.

GenericUser
02-04-2010, 15:34
I just got hired to work for Parlex. I had a video skype interview with Loran. He told me that he will arrange a business visa (good for 90 days as I understand it) then at the end of the probationary period, if we both agree, then he would apply for my work visa good for one year.

To be honest, everything sounds completely legitimate.

However, one thing that concerned me is that half way through our interview his skype cut out in the middle of some interesting part and then I got contacted by his HR girl to tell me congratulations, that I had been hired.

What makes me nervous here, is that I am 100% not comfortable with going to Russia on anything but a formal work visa good for at least 1 year. Secondly, I found it somewhat odd that they would have offered me the job so quickly and yet have no ability to tell me about salary or anything specific until several days later.

Why is it so hard for a B.A. in English with a TESOL to find a good company to work for? Am I screwed if I work for Loran? Does ANYONE have a positive experience to share?:rant:

BrandonL
02-04-2010, 15:55
I just got hired to work for Parlex. I had a video skype interview with Loran. He told me that he will arrange a business visa (good for 90 days as I understand it) then at the end of the probationary period, if we both agree, then he would apply for my work visa good for one year.

However, one thing that concerned me is that half way through our interview his skype cut out in the middle of some interesting part and then I got contacted by his HR girl to tell me congratulations, that I had been hired.

What makes me nervous here, is that I am 100% not comfortable with going to Russia on anything but a formal work visa good for at least 1 year. Secondly, I found it somewhat odd that they would have offered me the job so quickly and yet have no ability to tell me about salary or anything specific until several days later.

Why is it so hard for a B.A. in English with a TESOL to find a good company to work for? Am I screwed if I work for Loran? Does ANYONE have a positive experience to share?:rant:

STAY AWAY FROM PARLEX!

Bels
02-04-2010, 21:05
Try the two major schools first. LL and BKC and compare their packages of contracs first. Also compare them for their professionalism and experience. It appears that the often criticised McD schools are the best for the newbies coming to Russia. Why not find out if I am right.

But I am not saying that they give enough in salary, I am simply claiming that they are the best to what is available. I will only recommend you to where you are most likely to be safe on your first visit. Safe but not wealthy. And that's a big problem for many teachers here.

Dolgoprudny Neil
02-04-2010, 23:19

I mentioned a while back on this thread that there was an absence of any positive information about Parlex. If all of this information is wrong and is being spread by a malicious cabal then I think at least one person would have responded. Are you screwed if you work for Loran? Every way imaginable.

Bels
02-04-2010, 23:33
It appears that way. For me, I am not personally involved. But I am reading here, and with the main teachers' forom at escafe.com. It looks very much that this is as bad as the Harvard shool in Moscow, now extinct. I predict that Parelex will also soon disappear. When they are Bankrupt? You won't get paid without the slightest doubt.

I mentioned a while back on this thread that there was an absence of any positive information about Parlex. If all of this information is wrong and is being spread by a malicious cabal then I think at least one person would have responded. Are you screwed if you work for Loran? Every way imaginable.

BrandonL
02-04-2010, 23:43
The school i work for is looking for native, I gave you the contact information send them a CV they are waiting.

Dolgoprudny Neil
02-04-2010, 23:43
It appears that way. For me, I am not personally involved. But I am reading here, and with the main teachers' forom at escafe.com. It looks very much that this is as bad as the Harvard shool in Moscow, now extinct. I predict that Parelex will also soon disappear. When they are Bankrupt? You won't get paid without the slightest doubt.

They will just dissolve, move and change their name.

GenericUser
03-04-2010, 03:25
Actually, after I posted my other message about this last night (US time) I got in touch with Loran again on Skype.

I asked him about the complaints against him specifically. I said to him, hey, put yourself in my situation, what would you do in my shoes? He explained that he has had teachers who do not show up for weeks, calling in sick... then teachers who show up late, or really do not do much teaching and essentially talked a lot about contractual penalties for misbehavior and such.

What really struck me as strange however, was that he said at one point there was a teacher who "infiltrated" his school from a competing school and deleted student files and client information. His suggestion I think was that the teachers who have a problem with him on this forum were those teachers...

While I have no idea which version of events are accurate, my instinct is telling me that there is some problem here that should be avoided.

The problem is that I have already purchased my tickets (non-refundable) for Moscow, and have less than 2 months to find a job online, get a visa, and pray I made the right decision.

Thanks for your assistance with a job lead BrandonL. I sent the info. Some of my friends in Moscow have also been checking around for me, and apparently there is one school that she said was "extremely interested in you". So maybe there is some hope.:groan:

Dolgoprudny Neil
03-04-2010, 10:48
I think anybody who "infiltrates" this school would need their head examined. The issue is all about pay. He didn't pay several teachers who did work for him. He paid less than was agreed to other teachers. His excuses are just that-excuses. Why has he-or anyone else from Parlex, because they post adverts on this site-not come forward to explain?

Keep looking. There are other schools with more professional and honest working practices.

new girl
04-06-2010, 01:01
You are making a big mistake. Loran does not pay to anyone, even to the programmer who worked for him just recently.

webexpert
05-06-2010, 09:39
I'm professional programmer, worked on PARLEX some months and I have not received the money.

I prepare the claim of Loran. I ask all who has information on violations and a deceit this person, write to me private message.

I ask to fill out your real name, an e-mail or phone and as to write as Loran has deceived you, how many money it should you. I'm need facts.

Thanks.

new girl
05-06-2010, 17:20

I need help.... if you had any bad experience with parlex please contact me olga_abs yahoo.com. I would like to talk privetely. Thanks.

Bels
06-06-2010, 22:07
A school that doesn't pay!! What can you do about it. If you are freelance it only goes to prove you demand a month in advance, befor working for tem. We are in bad times and private teachers and freelancers must be careful.

For those who chose the security of a good employment contract? Ensure that you have checked out the long term reputation of this company or language. If in doubt? Don't accept their employment. Be careful, and only accept recommended employers from here on Expat.ru or ESLCAFE.com.

That is all I can advise. Accept employment from known established companies. Yes! They are knocked because they are well known! But! They are safe!!!

And yes you might be supporting or slandering them next year, but not because you haven't been cared for or been paid. Now that is a different matter.

This is serious!! You have come to a foriegn country, and you haven't been paid. You are stranded in this strange country!! What can you do do!! Except scream at home for Mamma to help you!

kapione
08-06-2010, 00:00
the weight of evidence about Parlex being a bad school to work for IS clear
12+ webpages of personal testimonies of how Loran,treats the people under him

I started this post to ask the truth about Parlex,yet people still go to work for them, they do the work, get nothing , except lies.....

If you have any documents that proves you worked for Parlex GO TO COURT for your money

Do you have signed and dated school registers?

Stop whining , either go to court , or keep your pants down at your ankles ,and continued to get screwed
12+ pages of peoples experiences with Parlex, they suck,there are plenty of decent schools...odds are you will never see your money from Parlex.....
Do you know why Loran screws his teachers and other workers and students?
simple answer :no one has taken him to court, he leaves no paper trail

remember this a good school has so much paperwork you will have writers cramp, you will need to sign at least 7 or 8 pieces of paper per student or group

BrandonL
20-04-2011, 11:01
just wanted to bump this thread for new teachers that might be coming to Moscow.

Stay away from this company.

FatAndy
20-04-2011, 14:26
Well, if most of teachers here recommend to stay away...
"The country must know its heroes"(C) by J. V. Stalin ;)