PDA

View Full Version : AirPort Extreme Base Station

Illy_r
10-03-2009, 14:14
Any ideas where I can buy Apple's AirPort Extreme Base Station in Moscow? I live near Mitino (NW Moscow).

FatAndy
19-03-2009, 10:33
Mitino radiomarket? ;o)))
There is a funny thing called Internet and even more funny website in it - price.ru Try to make search on "Airport Extreme"

Call listed companies and ask them... or try to search for it in Mac shops (maybe you can find them in the center of Moscow).
But I'm pessimistic about the possibility - white plastic (or even Alu) is not popular in Russia. Ordering via ebay or amazon could be more successfull.

kebab
19-03-2009, 10:49
Look on the websites to see if maczone.ru or re-store.ru have any in stock, I looked some time ago and you could get them but I think you may have to order in advance. They also deliver so you can order them online. I have a Mac and generally buy from maczone or re:store if I get something in Russia.

RRM
19-03-2009, 11:52
I asked in Mac stores and they said the Airport Extreme is not allowed into Russia for some odd reason of the way of its communication sytem. Even the Airport express isnt available in these stores. I dont know where else to get it in Russia but whenever I get the opportunity to travel, I will have to pick it up somewhere.

TD
19-03-2009, 15:15
If you have PC computers and non-apple devices you are planning to use in your network, I would suggest using something different like a Dlink wireless router - the airport doesn't always connect well with all devices. Dlink on the other hand works just fine with Macs, PC's, and anything else I have ever seen.

kebab
20-03-2009, 11:10
Just order it from Amazon or get someone who is going abroad to pick one up for you.

Keen
20-03-2009, 11:31
deepstore.ru