PDA

View Full Version : From work permit to tourist visa

Hammered
09-03-2009, 23:30
I am almost certainly leaving my current employment in Moscow in the near future. I know from others that have left my firm recently that you normally have no more than 48 hours to leave the country, as the company ensures that work permits are cancelled as soon as possible.

I will therefore need to grab a suitcase full of necessities as soon as I get canned, head back to the UK and apply for a tourist visa to return.

Reading one or two agency websites there seemed to be ominous mentions of not being able to help obtain tourist visas for previous holders of work permits on a standard service, and that made me wonder whether I am going to find it difficult to get back in to the country immediately.

Can anyone shed any light?

Remington
10-03-2009, 02:28
I would recommend getting 3 months business visa if you plan to return and stay in Russia longer than a month. Tourist visa is only good for one month. Don't read the posts on agency's website since Russian consulate makes that decision.. not the agency. It's more likely you will be approved for visa if you didn't have any problems in the past.