PDA

View Full Version : Brazil - Russia - Many questions

reckor
07-03-2009, 01:14
Hello all !

My first post here, so please be patient ;)

I'm from Brazil and considering to live in Moscow this year with my future wife. She's from Russia (Moscow) and we are together for long 3 years and half already))

So, now it's time to gather our things and marry. However, many questions came up and I found this great site which I'm sure will help me out with those doubts)

1) Is there any brazilian around here? (Tem algum brasileiro por aqui?)

2) I've read many sites about getting married here and it seems that it's quite hard and takes a lot of time to make everything right. Is it true?

3) With all of your experience, would you recommend to marry in another country like Brazil? But and after? Is easy to prove my marriage and make it official in Russia?

4) After getting marriage, I'm going to request the Permanent Visa in order to live in Moscow without worrying about visa. But with it AM I ABLE TO WORK? Or I still need the work visa? My embassy wasn't able to answer me that.

Thanks all in advance!

Best Regards

quincy
07-03-2009, 21:03
interesting question! Usually with most countries (including Brazil) the spouse has full legal rights of the country of origin of the husband/wife

reckor
09-03-2009, 10:44
Yes, but I'm afraid of such "full rights" ....

quincy
10-03-2009, 14:35
you believe those rights are only on paper?
best to check with someone instead of speculating!