PDA

View Full Version : Exit/ Re entry Visa, Work Visa, Work Permit and TRP

byrneofmoscow
03-03-2009, 12:49
Hi all

Under TPR I have a right to live where I am registered, and not to work unless I have a work permit. Seems a little odd !

I now have TRP I need to know about a work visa and work permit. If I have an employer who is applying for a work permit for me, will I have to leave the country to get a work visa back in my own country. Usually to get a work visa one has to leave go to the Russian consulate in your own country ...etc.

I then renter the country with TPR and a work visa Huh ! As A by the way I also have an exit/re entry visa in my passport at this moment in time.

Therefore when I re enter Russian effectively I would have 2 visas one a re entry and the other a work visa.

Can anybody shed some light on this please or advice me please

mitam77
03-03-2009, 14:09
If you have TRP ...there is NO need to apply for Work Permit.

markusha
03-03-2009, 14:54
I would really like to get to the bottom of this. Having just finally (after much research) reached the conclusion that with a TRP you still need a work permit - assuming you want to work (but not a work visa), this comes as a surprise.

Can anyone explain exactly what the rules are if you have TRP and an employer offers you a job in Russia. Does your TRP make it easier or more difficult?

fidel
03-03-2009, 16:39
If you have a TRP you will still need a work permit. The difference is you will not be subject to the quota. You still have to go through the steps of approving the headcount and getting the work permit. You do not need a work visa as you are allowed to stay in the country on a TRP. Hope this sheds some light.

byrneofmoscow
03-03-2009, 17:21
Thanks Guys,

I figured I needed a work permit.
Fidel can you elaborate on the piece of your reply with regard to headcount? Any more information would be helpfull as you seem to have experience in this area.

xris
23-03-2009, 20:34
but no one said if he/she has to leave Russia to get the work visa applied? Can this be done while in Russia, or does have to leave and go to some Russian counsulate somewhere?

xris
23-03-2009, 20:35
do they / does someone with a current Business visa, not a TRP, need to leave Russia to receive a working visa? (assume the Working Visa is about to be granted)...thanks!

snowbars
23-03-2009, 21:54
From experience I can confirm the following:

1)One of the conditions of receiving a Temp Resident Permit is that Person is going to Work in Russia to support himself and pay taxes.
If he loses his job within the 3 years of Temp Res Permit validity = he is liable to be deported.
For this reason if anybody received a TRP =There is NO NEED to apply for Work Permit and NO need to go thro any other procedure.

2) Upon receipt of Permanent Res Permit = you can even be jobless and cannot be then deported and have all the rights of a Russian except vote and hold official office.

3) Work Permit: If somebody is in Russia on 1 year Business Visa = he can still remain in Russia and apply for Work Permit.
No need to leave Russia (until visa expires ofcourse)

byrneofmoscow
24-03-2009, 15:23
I have visited the local Ovir offices where I live. They state that a person with TRP must have a work permit, to be employed. Can you clarify what law are you referring to.
Law No. 115-FZ Page 14 Statia 13 as law was changed two years ago, in particular, with respect to temporary residents. Now only permanent residents (those who hold permanent residence permit, so called, "vid na zhitelstvo") are not required to obtain Russian work permit.

Are you sure that if I apply for a work permit and lose it I loose TRP, as it has been granted for a period of 3 years.

snowbars
24-03-2009, 20:26
I will check out the Law through my legal contact and make comment on it a bit later on.

However only on 23 March (yesterday) we submitted a TRP application with full package of documents . Upon acceptance were told clearly that after granting of TRP work permit will not be needed.

If the law has indeed been changed - applying for WP will be a much simpler procedure for sure.

byrneofmoscow
25-03-2009, 15:19
What is the position with TPR if you have a work permit and loose the job?You stated that a person is liable to be deported. Where did you get this information from? this is your quote from section one of your post!

''If he loses his job within the 3 years of Temp Res Permit validity = he is liable to be deported.''

snowbars
25-03-2009, 17:41
Temp Res Permit is granted on the basis that the person granted the right to stay in Russia has means to support ones self financially ,is of sound mind, medically healthy,with no criminal record in Russia and his home country , have a proper registered address to live in Russia and pay his taxes on his earnings .

If he loses his job within these 3 years....he will have to find another job or else how is he going to support himself?

This is the precise reason for a 3 year probation period from TRP to PRP.

moscowbni
26-03-2009, 12:19
I think that what has been posted here so far is not correct. The TRP allows you to stay in the area (only) that you are registered in. You still need a work permit unless you fall into certain exempt categories (like teachers).

You will not be deported if you loose your job. In fact they do not even check your proof of income/savings when applying for the TRP. After a year of TRP, you may apply for a Permanent residence permit. When you apply for this, you need proof of income, or savings.

byrneofmoscow
26-03-2009, 14:15
Agreed, you will not be deported if you lose your job. Indeed proof of income for PRP is savings, a bank statment will suffice.

However one more point. Those who have TRP for one year (under the quota system) may have PRP. That is.. after one year of possession of TRP, which implies that you can apply 6 months into TRP for permanent residence this law states (see Statia 8 Note 2 below)

Статья 8. Постоянное проживание иностранных граждан в Российской Федераци
1. В течение срока действия разрешения на временное проживание и при наличии законных оснований иностранному гражданину по его заявлению может быть выдан вид на жительство. Заявление о выдаче вида на жительство подается иностранным гражданином в территориальный орган федерального органа исполнительной власти в сфере миграции не позднее чем за шесть месяцев до истечения срока действия разрешения на временное проживание.
(в ред. Федерального закона от 18.07.2006 N 110-ФЗ)
2. До получения вида на жительство иностранный гражданин обязан прожить в Российской Федерации не менее одного года на основании разрешения на временное проживание.

Remembing that it takes SIX months to actually receive so it should be submitted six months after receiving temp res. or there abouts

3. Вид на жительство выдается иностранному гражданину на пять лет. По окончании срока действия вида на жительство данный срок по заявлению иностранного гражданина может быть продлен на пять лет. Количество продлений срока действия вида на жительство не ограничено.

MaltSokol
14-04-2009, 18:09
I have just applied for Work Permit on visa regime with TRP basis. The list was the following:
* Notarized translation of passport (1st page and TRP+registration page)
* Application form with one colour 3x4 photo
* 1,000 RUB fee paid in Sberbank

The application form is the usual one, but on the 'employer data' section I was told to write "Temporary Residence Permit" and my phone number. Although I don't have an obligatory employer, I was forced to put my profession, which will be written on the card. I chose a quite vague "Consultant".
I was told to come back in 2 weeks to pick up my card.

As for Saint Petersburg this is done in
ul. Rossi d.1/3, 5th pod'ezd, 3rd floor, office 12. Mon-Thu 9.30 to 16.00

byrneofmoscow
20-04-2009, 13:49
This is most interesting, are you saying that you can apply personally for a work permit under the TRP scheme. That an employer does not have to apply for you, which has been explained to be the case with me personally. Can you fill in with any more information that you have.

Thanks

JB

ezik
20-04-2009, 14:08
Am I reading what I am reading??

So, with my TRP I can apply for a Work Permit without being employed by a Russian company?

Sounds VERY interesting! Please keep us updated on the outcome!

I have just applied for Work Permit on visa regime with TRP basis. The list was the following:
* Notarized translation of passport (1st page and TRP+registration page)
* Application form with one colour 3x4 photo
* 1,000 RUB fee paid in Sberbank

The application form is the usual one, but on the 'employer data' section I was told to write "Temporary Residence Permit" and my phone number. Although I don't have an obligatory employer, I was forced to put my profession, which will be written on the card. I chose a quite vague "Consultant".
I was told to come back in 2 weeks to pick up my card.

As for Saint Petersburg this is done in
ul. Rossi d.1/3, 5th pod'ezd, 3rd floor, office 12. Mon-Thu 9.30 to 16.00

BeachBum
21-04-2009, 02:35
I will check out the Law through my legal contact and make comment on it a bit later on.

However only on 23 March (yesterday) we submitted a TRP application with full package of documents . Upon acceptance were told clearly that after granting of TRP work permit will not be needed.

If the law has indeed been changed - applying for WP will be a much simpler procedure for sure.
Got a tough one for you. I am applying for TRP. I work for a diplomatic mission (enbassy). Host country nationals cannot work in my line of work.

Do I need a work permit because this is a diplomatic mission and officially I am working on "home" soil????????????

mitam77
21-04-2009, 10:12
Only people who can answer your question (CORRECTLY) is Diplomatic Mission you are working for.
This should be routine question in their FAQ manual.

Bels
21-04-2009, 11:06
What is the position with TPR if you have a work permit and loose the job?You stated that a person is liable to be deported. Where did you get this information from? this is your quote from section one of your post!

''If he loses his job within the 3 years of Temp Res Permit validity = he is liable to be deported.''

Taken into consideration that most of those with TRP are married to Russian spouses and are likely to have Russian families,,, Isn't this law of deportation rather nasty to say the least?

Therefore I can't believe this law, Russian red-tape can't possibly be that bad. But as my Russian wife usually claims that there is no common sense in Russian red-tape.

snowbars
21-04-2009, 11:17
Talk about Rissian Red Tape?

Yesterday my friend was refused entry into a Government office area(away from public area) by the same person who had originally invited him to his office.

His crime:He was not Russian 'looking' (He is 60 years of age,has 4 children born by a Russian wife,only has Russian passport, lived in Russia over 35 years, )

MaltSokol
21-04-2009, 19:50
Got a tough one for you. I am applying for TRP. I work for a diplomatic mission (enbassy). Host country nationals cannot work in my line of work.

Do I need a work permit because this is a diplomatic mission and officially I am working on "home" soil????????????

I also kinda work for a diplomatic mission. I was told at UFMS that you do not need Work Permit to work there, but you need TRP to be able to stay in Russia. (I actually pay taxes in my home country). I replied that I needed to work under Russian law in order to pay taxes in Russia and be eligible for PRP in one year. They said that I was right but that's the way it is.

BeachBum
21-04-2009, 20:35
I also kinda work for a diplomatic mission. I was told at UFMS that you do not need Work Permit to work there, but you need TRP to be able to stay in Russia. (I actually pay taxes in my home country). I replied that I needed to work under Russian law in order to pay taxes in Russia and be eligible for PRP in one year. They said that I was right but that's the way it is.
Man that is interesting!!.... are you saying that I have to have a one year record of paying taxes to Russia in order to make the application? Becuase I also pay US taxes but not Russian because it is a implmatic mission.. This is really a tough case.. Even my embassy cannot answer this relativey simple question!

Anna Sahakyan
22-04-2009, 16:00
Under subclause 8 point 1 article 7 of Law "On the Legal Status of Foreign Citizens in the Russian Federation” if foreign citizen do not work in Russia and do not have income his TRP will be canceled, but he will not be deported I believe, anyway there is no such provision in law.
regarding work permit: in point 4 article 13 of the same law are listed persons that have right to work in Russia without work permit and since 2007 there are no provisions about persons that have TRP.
regarding visa:foreigner that has a TRP is free to enter and reside in Russia without visa. Only on departure from Russia he has to obtain single exit visa. This visa is issued for four months and is shown on the border when entering Russia. This is not work visa this is special visa for foreigners that has TRP.

MaltSokol
23-04-2009, 18:29
: in point 4 article 13 of the same law are listed persons that have right to work in Russia without work permit and since 2007 there are no provisions about persons that have TRP.
Well, maybe technically I am not applying for it. (although I paid for it!!) I am under no quota, I didn't have to provide any medical test, criminal record or university diploma. The company doesn't have to have permit to employ foreigners. So in some way, it is just a formality because they just conceive labour under work permit or trudovaya knizhka.

byrneofmoscow
28-04-2009, 16:15
This visa is issued for four months and is shown on the border when entering Russia. This is not work visa this is special visa for foreigners that has TRP

You state that the re-entry visa for TRP is valid for 4 months, however I have a re-entry visa in my passport that is valid for the life of the TRP, from the date of application of the visa to the end of TRP. Where did you get this information?

MaltSokol
28-04-2009, 16:58
Today I received my card. I have been told that I will have to notify UFMS when a company hires me, within 3 days from the date in the contract.
There is one problem. The position that the job contract specifies must be the same as on the card. I was also told that you can hold 2 work permits at same time (for 2 different professions) and you can only apply twice per year. My card says "Consultant" so I can't be the director of my own company, it should say "Director" instead.............

So a piece of advice, first get the contract draft, then get the card and sign the contract.

I was also told by the tiotka that once I get a job, if the company has permit to employ foreigners, they can request a work visa for me (green visa "rabota po naimu"), and this way I will have TRP with a multientry visa (I still can't believe this part.....). If it's a regular company, I'll have to carry on with exit visas.

MaltSokol
28-04-2009, 16:59
You state that the re-entry visa for TRP is valid for 4 months, however I have a re-entry visa in my passport that is valid for the life of the TRP, from the date of application of the visa to the end of TRP.

In any case, exit-entry visas are valid for one entry only, aren't they?

byrneofmoscow
29-04-2009, 17:07
Well done Maltsokal I congratulate and give respect :fireworks::fireworks:

journeyman
30-04-2009, 23:36
remember, there is Russian law (Federal), local interpretation, and then, of course there is the INDIVIDUAL that you are talking to at the local passportni stol, or FMS office.

When I applied for TRP and PRP (several iterations with me, wife, kids, my renewal...) the lady was adamant about things that ranged from a pain-in-the neck for me (and I knew were not required) to outright undo-able for me.

The ones that I saw as inconsistent with RF law and undo-able for me I stood up for (brought in the portion of the civil code that detailed/reinforced my point). It was a lot of work, but I could not have done it without that.

Remember that TRP exit/entry visas have NOTHING to do with employment, nor permits, nor living arrangements. It is a document that only allows the TRP holder to cross a RF border once to leave the RF, and once to re-enter the RF.

SPBCafe
04-08-2009, 22:32
If I've been working in Russia for 3 years with a valid work visa, can I skip the TRP and go straight to the Permanent Residence Permit? Thanks!

Temp Res Permit is granted on the basis that the person granted the right to stay in Russia has means to support ones self financially ,is of sound mind, medically healthy,with no criminal record in Russia and his home country , have a proper registered address to live in Russia and pay his taxes on his earnings .

If he loses his job within these 3 years....he will have to find another job or else how is he going to support himself?

This is the precise reason for a 3 year probation period from TRP to PRP.

tgma
05-08-2009, 12:19
SPBCafe
No, you have to go via TRP for a year, and then apply for the Permanent. Whether you have a work visa has no effect on your application for TRP. You will still need to do the medical tests, and apply for quota, unless you are exempt.

dwandsv
18-08-2009, 21:25
I realize this info is regarding those who have or need to get a TRP and need to work, but how about retirees? I will not need to work as I am in retirement when my Russian wife and I come to Russia in summer of 2011. How does being in retirement affect anything about TRPs and PRPs?

ezik
18-08-2009, 22:09
I realize this info is regarding those who have or need to get a TRP and need to work, but how about retirees? I will not need to work as I am in retirement when my Russian wife and I come to Russia in summer of 2011. How does being in retirement affect anything about TRPs and PRPs?

If you are married to a Russian citizen, you will get the TRP solely based on the fact that you are married to a Russian citizen.

Most people going for a TRP or PRP are not doing this because of the need to work, on the contrary! TRPs and PRPs are for those who are NOT supported by a company that provides work permit and visa support. Many holders of a TRP or PRP actually "officially" don't work in Russia...

So, as far as the application for a TRP goes, you should be fine. Just make sure you have the paperwork in order. Now, once you have received your TRP and register it, things still should be fine.

But you have to re-register once a year. And upon the first re-registration, UFMS will ask for either an income statement from any employing company OR a bank statement showing that you have enough reserves. As a retiree, it may be handy to open a bank account in Russia (easily done at Sberbank, takes a few minutes) and put 100.000 rur on it. Once you re-register, ask Sberbank to print out a statement that you have the amount on your account.

Bogatyr
19-08-2009, 01:39
If you are married to a Russian citizen, you will get the TRP solely based on the fact that you are married to a Russian citizen.

Most people going for a TRP or PRP are not doing this because of the need to work, on the contrary! TRPs and PRPs are for those who are NOT supported by a company that provides work permit and visa support. Many holders of a TRP or PRP actually "officially" don't work in Russia...

So, as far as the application for a TRP goes, you should be fine. Just make sure you have the paperwork in order. Now, once you have received your TRP and register it, things still should be fine.

But you have to re-register once a year. And upon the first re-registration, UFMS will ask for either an income statement from any employing company OR a bank statement showing that you have enough reserves. As a retiree, it may be handy to open a bank account in Russia (easily done at Sberbank, takes a few minutes) and put 100.000 rur on it. Once you re-register, ask Sberbank to print out a statement that you have the amount on your account.

What I recall from reading here or on the web is that the officials want to see that you have at least the basic subsistence cash available, either in work income or in bank deposits for the duration of the PRP. So that's something like 5,500 RU/month x 60 = 330,000 RU

ezik
19-08-2009, 01:42
What I recall from reading here or on the web is that the officials want to see that you have at least the basic subsistence cash available, either in work income or in bank deposits for the duration of the PRP. So that's something like 5,500 RU/month x 60 = 330,000 RU

For the TRP it was 100.000. Maybe 330.000 for the PRP. Any info welcome.