PDA

View Full Version : UK "Subject Access" short cut?

markusha
02-03-2009, 18:09
Previous discussions have always referred to having to obtain the Subject Access Report (Report) and then having to send it off to the FCO for legalisation. This can lengthen the process and add costs.

The Metropolitan Police procedure allows (on your written authority) for the Report to be sent to another address. A conversation with the MP office revealed that you can tell them not only to send the Report to the FCO, but to provide the envelope with which to do it. This envelope may (and should) also contain the other documents required by the FCO (e-payment receipt, covering letter, self-addressed envelope). The slight risk is that they won't be sending it by recorded delivery to the FCO.

Anyone done this in practice? If not, I will have a go...

Bels
20-04-2009, 19:04
Previous discussions have always referred to having to obtain the Subject Access Report (Report) and then having to send it off to the FCO for legalisation. This can lengthen the process and add costs.

The Metropolitan Police procedure allows (on your written authority) for the Report to be sent to another address. A conversation with the MP office revealed that you can tell them not only to send the Report to the FCO, but to provide the envelope with which to do it. This envelope may (and should) also contain the other documents required by the FCO (e-payment receipt, covering letter, self-addressed envelope). The slight risk is that they won't be sending it by recorded delivery to the FCO.

Anyone done this in practice? If not, I will have a go...

By all means have a go. But I believe will inform you that they must send your document to where you are, and it must be addressed to you and nobody else. It's got something to do with the data protection act.

I know it's crazy, due to to the fact it's going all over the place being legalised, translated and finally being given to FCO. Every tom, Dick and Harry has seen it by then. So much for a data protection act that's supposed to protect us. So my feeling is that the police will only post it to your proven address, when they hav identified who say you are.

markusha
21-04-2009, 08:32
It all worked according to plan. From the day it was posted in the UK (by someone travelling there) to receiving it in Moscow, three weeks.