PDA

View Full Version : Costs for Work Permit or Temp Res Permit

Firefox
01-03-2009, 10:20
Has anybody obtained Work Permit or Temporary Residence Permit in Moscow through and Agency?

If so - I will be interested to know what are the costs involved.

I have been informed that for a Work Permit costs approx USD1000 and for
TRP -full process from start to finish costs in excess of USD10,000 for Moscow and a little less for Moscow Region.

Remington
01-03-2009, 14:50
Paying an agency to do the TRP for $10,000 is complete rip off. You'll have to do most of the legwork and they don't. Better to have consultation for a minimum fee. There's no guarantee that you'll get TRP and you'll lose that $10,000 too.

If your not married to Russian and live in MKAD.. you can forget trying to get TRP because it's almost impossible. Moscow Region is better.

snejanka
18-03-2009, 15:45
Remington is completely right. Better go through all the procedures on your own, I have done this myself, it took exactly 5 months till I received my TRP, I paid 400 RUB (official tax) as well as ca. 1500 RUB for all medical tests. One of my colleague at work is going through the same procedure with TRP, he is married to Russian, and he hired a famous international agency to do this...I can tell you that up to now there is no sign that he will get TRP and the famous company till now did not prove if they actually submitted the documents...and the cost of this is almost the sum you cite: 10.000 USD. I can assure you that the process of getting TRP alone is quite frustrating but at least you know that you have done it properly. And yes, if you are married to Russian, it is easier, nobody can refuse to issue you TRP.

DooLittle
24-03-2009, 10:41
I'm submitting my paperwork this week after getting some of the strange odds and ends tied up (like the uneven use of a soft sign in my middle name). Total cost including paperwork and medical tests, apostilles, international overnight couriers, etc. is still less than $600 total, and could have been under $400 with better planning.

If I could have paid $1000-2000 to avoid all and any hassles, I would have forked out the cash immediately, but the fact is, you have to do almost everything yourself anyway.

So what do they do for $10,000?

Paperwork:
1. Do they get all nec. translations done (correctly), with the proper notary and apostille stamps (along with any mailing, etc.)?
2. Do they handle the home-country criminal record check?
3. Do they handle picking up the results of your medical tests and getting the proper stamps/sigs?
4. Do they collect, copy, check and recheck the final docs to make sure everything is in place the first time you submit?

Med checks and Ovir Appearance(s):
1. Do they provide you with a translator for all appearances you have to make?
2. Do they have a rep stand in all the necessary lines for you so that you do not have to be at the clinic, Ovir, notary, etc. all day?
3. Do they make sure that everything (esp. medical tests) is logged correctly so that any checks conducted AFTER you receive the TRP don't cancel it out due to non-compliance?
4. If you fall under the quota system, do they know the correct "procedures" to reasonably guarantee you a spot at the head of the line?

I'm sure I've forgotten something so feel free to add. If you make a LOT of money and your time is VERY valuable, I guess it just might be worth considering the 10k as long as the company does ALL of the above, and as long as you remember that the 10k is ONLY for saving YOUR time. The only other thing it could be used for is buying a place in the quota if you need it (I'm guessing).

I've had several people help with lines, I probably saved about 5-10 hours this way, if you don't speak at least simple Russian, it may save much more. Are 2 days of your life worth $10,000?

Anna Sahakyan
22-04-2009, 17:34
Paperwork:
1. Do they get all nec. translations done (correctly), with the proper notary and apostille stamps (along with any mailing, etc.)? - yes
2. Do they handle the home-country criminal record check? - truly speaking not sure, shall check
3. Do they handle picking up the results of your medical tests and getting the proper stamps/sigs? - yes
4. Do they collect, copy, check and recheck the final docs to make sure everything is in place the first time you submit? - yes

Med checks and Ovir Appearance(s):
1. Do they provide you with a translator for all appearances you have to make? - yes
2. Do they have a rep stand in all the necessary lines for you so that you do not have to be at the clinic, Ovir, notary, etc. all day? - yes
3. Do they make sure that everything (esp. medical tests) is logged correctly so that any checks conducted AFTER you receive the TRP don't cancel it out due to non-compliance? yes
4. If you fall under the quota system, do they know the correct "procedures" to reasonably guarantee you a spot at the head of the line? ther is no 100% guartnee that you will receive quota for TRP, but there is guarantee that they will back prepayment in case of failure, so you will not waste your money

Firefox
22-04-2009, 18:22
As Doolittle puts it = these applications especially if you do not qualify by virtue of birth/marriage etc for TRP .....are not as simple as saving 5 hours or 5 days!!

Agents generally have lots of contacts in these places - and these contacts need to get paid. So with say a Fee for 10K USD - may be agents pocket a couple of Grand at most. This is not excessive in any business - handling your cases for months on end.

My colleagues paid over 10K using agents - and have now PRP for over 3 years!!

I agree fully with Anna's information. Are you an agent Anna??

Bels
22-04-2009, 18:46
To sum it all up, and every TRP applicant will tell you the Same:

DON'T USE AN AGENT!!! IT'S A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY!!DO IT YOURSELF!! AS YOU HAVE TO DO ALL THE WORK ANYWAY.

Virtually all of you will be married to a Russian spouse. Your spouse will be a much better agent than any paid agent.

If the agent posters are telling the truth, my expert wife will gladly accept 5,000 from you, and she will pocket 95% of it. It will take her a few hours at the most, and it will be you doing all leg work.

Anna Sahakyan
23-04-2009, 11:00
To Firefox, yes I do work in law firm among other services we also assist in obtaining TRP.

To Bels, well if you doubt that agent will do all paperwork just provide it in contract and agent will be obliged to do all the work. Beside it as Firefox has mentioned if TRP applicant has no bases to obtain it out of the quota agents will "buy" that quota through their contacts in state authorities.

Firefox
23-04-2009, 12:25
In almost any global business(Real estate/finance/goods/services/law etc etc etc) there are middle men/ agents who make things happen. Why does someone wanting to buy/ sell rent say apartment approach an agent. why not do it your self?

More than any business - TRP/work permit/ visa sectors in this Russia needs agents more than anybody .......as not all of us have a clever wife or a wife at all