PDA

View Full Version : We're All Going To Prison!

tiktokman
22-02-2009, 00:45
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/article/1016/42/374684.htm :11030:

Qdos
22-02-2009, 00:54
All the more reason for using strong encryption, use of commercial VPN's etc, although I'd have to argue that this legislation is all well and good - coming from the government of a nation whose stakes in the pirated software market are somewhat above global averages... :D

robertmf
22-02-2009, 02:02
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/article/1016/42/374684.htm :11030:

... virtually every Internet surfer is guilty a priori.

Now this is the Russia I know and Love. Moustaches could not have done better had he written the sentence himself !@! :rolleyes:

DDT
22-02-2009, 02:59
It is simply another nail in the worldwide coffin of free speech and private rights in the guise of a copyright infringement!
Down with the man! Power to the people!

Afroman
23-02-2009, 14:13
:11513:Like much of the Russian legislation, this is a "rush job". WTO membership is the crux of the matter and being seen to protect intellectual property rights is a key to WTO membership.
You cannot have copyright laws in the absence of personal privacy laws and individual rights protections. These are an anathema to Russian legislation. The Russians could have referred to many WTO members who, I am sure would have shared the wording of their legislation, instead of trying to reinvent the wheel.

Viva personal liberty!

elis
23-02-2009, 15:01
Henceforward, I guess we should all consider ourselves comedians. :jester:

Qdos
23-02-2009, 15:11
I've got clown stickers all over my notebook in preparation... :jester:

kapione
24-02-2009, 11:07
everyone so far is right, and I agree with everyone ! this is a historic 1st !

now will I have to give back my downloads?

my friends in England have a strange issue they pay for internet service, but if they detect "file sharing " they squeeze the speeds to near zilch ,thrying to force you to give up.... but most remember the dear old days of dial up speeds..... The are even doing this to ICQ and QIP transfers....

Big Brother has been watching , now he is interfering, BB is an Ahole if he thinks this will stop the people, whats needed is a worldwide boycott of internet services of 1 to 3 days , and stop allowing music companies (Time Warner in the USA ) to own IT companies its the wolf watching from inside the chicken coop

Rock on , and thank the good sharers on Torrents ! share dont be a leech !

Qdos
24-02-2009, 12:33
My friends in England have a strange issue they pay for internet service, but if they detect "file sharing " they squeeze the speeds to near zilch.... thank the good sharers on Torrents...

Ironically it's the services like Limewire, Bit-torrents, and other peer-to-peer networks, which are creating the awareness amongst ISP's that customers might be illegally sharing files in breach of copyright interests...

Easily detectable, since these programs use specific ports, thus the ISP can tell immediately as trafiic starts flowing through those ports with a big IP address label stuck to it... :rolleyes:

Best way to download illicit material is through standard http or ftp portals, because it just looks like normal traffic to your ISP; and who can blame them for locking up their networks when the recording studios are threatening them with sanctions and legal action for aiding and abetting what they receive to be thieving punters...

The case of Virgin in the United Kingdon is the best known. As an ISP they began throttling, indeed threatening to disconnect, clients who were using heavy bandwidth on P2P ports. Virgin are not just an ISP however, they're a radio station and TV broadcaster, therefore the music and film industry were able to far more effectively pressurise them into kerbing net abuse... ;)

kapione
24-02-2009, 19:13
if we go to prison for file sharing, we wont be alone, we will know everyone there !

strange but true Internet companies will rat us out, and we pay them for this !

please expalin how we can use FTP please

Ippolit
24-02-2009, 20:33
Very funny article, the legislation itself transcends funny. Thanks for the laughs!

As Qdos says, wait until we get widespread "traffic shaping" aka throttling in Russia. My 8Mb connection in the UK ends up at dial up speed even on http sometimes due to over zealous "shaping".

MickeyTong
24-02-2009, 21:07
if we go to prison for file sharing, we wont be alone, we will know everyone there !

And we'll all have great music and film collections to share.......

Qdos
24-02-2009, 21:40
If anyone comes to my cell I'll share my files, OK... :beerbros:

http://i42.tinypic.com/29tmkp.jpg

Penguin Snacks
25-02-2009, 08:51
Does anyone know when the third reading of the bill is scheduled and how quickly this will become law after that?

kapione
25-02-2009, 11:54
where do we live ?
Now about broadband..... I have an alleged 10 meg connection, best ping test result was just under 9 megs, but it averages a little over 6 megs

when it comes to getting good speeds on torrents I got over 1.2 megs several times, throttling IS here

Qdos
25-02-2009, 12:15
where do we live ?..... I have an alleged 10 meg connection, best
ping test result was just under 9 megs, but it averages a little over 6 megs... throttling
IS here...

Or over-subscription more like, too many subscribers connected to the same DSLAM terminations at your ISP's premises, which isn't unique to Russia... :sick:

FatAndy
19-03-2009, 10:52
Maybe same DSLAM but same phome station cable can be more important - x-talks and interference of plenty of different wire pairs loaded with ADSL signal inside te same cable. Or it became wet as spring came... or... ;o)))