PDA

View Full Version : Looking to move to Saratov within a year or so

qcrossley
20-02-2009, 04:40
I am looking to move to Saratov within a year or two hopefully, I will be staying there for two weeks, I am from and currently living in Canada now. I thought this might be a good place to start.:coffee:

ezik
20-02-2009, 17:09
Hi & Welcome!
Saratov... why are you looking at moving there? It's not a place that's mentioned here very often, so it will be interesting to know what special things are there! Or, persons, for that matter. :)
Good luck browsing around on the site and settling in!

adamst56
21-02-2009, 09:02
It would be interesting to hear what will take you to Saratov. I have been there a number of times and I find it not as expat 'easy' as many other Russian cities. It is also not exactly one of the garden spots, although a okay place just not in the top 20 of my favorite Russian cities.

qcrossley
21-02-2009, 18:48
Well my girlfriend lives there now. I am not set on Saratov, I think St.Petersburg might also be an option. But I will be visiting her there i the summer.I just do ot kow much bout the city, and she doesn'tsay much about,I suspect because shes from there,and doesn't really know what to say.

adamst56
22-02-2009, 14:34
I am sure that if your girlfriend is there that it will be the best place on earth.

Well my girlfriend lives there now. I am not set on Saratov, I think St.Petersburg might also be an option. But I will be visiting her there i the summer.I just do ot kow much bout the city, and she doesn'tsay much about,I suspect because shes from there,and doesn't really know what to say.

qcrossley
23-02-2009, 07:33
I am sure that if your girlfriend is there that it will be the best place on earth.

no doubt

Thanks.

Mud
23-02-2009, 19:16
Hello and welcome to the Expat.ru forum.

I hope that your plans for moving to Saratov go well.

All the best!
Mud:bird::bird:

exprumos
24-02-2009, 10:51
Wake up and smell the coffee.

There is nothing for you to do in Saratov unless you bring your own investment and open a factory or something. It is a nice enough city in its own right - personally I like the germanic city center.

However, it is just another big poor city with nothing to offer. Spend 24 hours and that will be enough.

Mud
25-02-2009, 00:03
OOOOOPSSS~~!!!

My previous post on this thread has 'wavey' giving you the finger~~~~I DID NOT MEAN THAT~~~!!! I only meant to send 'wavey'~~~a nice pleasant welcoming smiley~~~and instead I "flipped you the bird"/ gave you "the finger", etc, etc.....

It appears that I can not edit this so all I can say is 'SORRY' about that. I usually wait a few days before offending people~~~i made a special exception just for you!

All the best!
Mud :wavey: that's the guy right there~~~he's the one I meant to send~~~
:wavey::wavey::wavey:

Anjuta
25-02-2009, 23:08
Well, if you already know what to start with in Saratov then it's ok, but if not, I don't think it's the best place for start... I spent five years in Saratov (studying in the university) and decided not to stay there after graduating )). What particularly do you want to know about Saratov?
The best thing there is the Volga river )). In summer you may enjoy hot sun and fresh water or even yachting and sailing. As to its sightseeing, the center is rather nice, the Victory Park, the embankment... But weekend is more than enough to stroll about and see all its beauty... But be prepared for dust, lack of roads (can't say "bad" about Saratov's roads as well as the roads of Saratov region, but really there's lack of them!)
Personally I don't like this city. And honestly, I wouldn’t recommend go there.
But if you made up your mind to move there and that is due to a solid reason ;), then I believe you will certainly find interesting activities there.
Should you need any info about Saratov, please ask, will try to answer.
Anna