PDA

View Full Version : entry date mistake

mollymaxine
17-02-2009, 22:48
How big a deal would it be to arrive in Russia the day before the entry date on my visa? I had delays with my letter of invitation and am due to arrive Thursday afternoon even though my visa isn't technically valid until Friday. Is the worst case scenario that they'd keep me at the airport until midnight or do you all think there might be more sever repercussions for arriving early?

is4fun
17-02-2009, 23:14
I would be surprised the airline would even let you on their flight without a valid VISA as it would be their responsibility to fly you back to the country you came from.

Andy B
18-02-2009, 07:33
I would think it would be a huge deal if you made it that far, but as already suggested, the airline will check for a valid visa on check-in and won't let you fly without if the visa is not valid.

J.D.
18-02-2009, 08:58
If the airline didn't notice the date I would suggest sitting in the toilet that is just before passport control until midnight.

Hawk
18-02-2009, 09:25
Remember,

You can be declined further entrance visa's for anything even as stupid as trying to enter a day early.

Stick to the visa dates... !!!

Jerry
18-02-2009, 12:46
Arriving earlier than your visa is valid gives them the right to return you to where you came from on the first available flight.
Your only option is to request to see the local Consul. On Sheremetivo and Demodedovo there are 24 hour Consuls. For USD 150,00 ( cash only ) the Consul can issue a new visa based on the existing one in your passport. Mind you, he has no obligation to do so! You better stay polite, but insist. If you have no cash he can even take you out to an ATM machine to get money. This is fully legal and you will get an official receipt for these services.