PDA

View Full Version : Yeast infection

the Patient
16-09-2004, 22:53
What are yeast infections called in Russian, and what is the medicine available for them? And don't tell me Russian women don't get, I know better.

Thanks

pengwn9
16-09-2004, 23:42
Youghurt.

Acidopholis (sp?) You need to integrate the PH balance. Youghurt works great. A little messy, but tastes good. :p

I've been around for awhile. It works.

Smurfette
16-09-2004, 23:56
its a candidiasis (your guess is as good as mine as to russian name, but thats the medical term) infection and yoghurt does work, but a less mess alternative is something like clotrimazole pessary/cream (canestan). NB any chance you might be pregnant go see a doctor.

Sunstorm
17-09-2004, 00:08
In Russian it's called 'molochnitsa' (молочница) if I am not mistaken. It may also be a result of taking some antibiotics.

the Patient
17-09-2004, 01:26
Thank you. Now I know what it's called in Russian. All I need to know is what the medicine is called in Russian.

And thank you, but no, I don't want to insert yogurt. It may do a good job of rebuilding proper bacterial/pH balance after an antibiotic kill, but it doesn't kill candida, or at least not at the pace I want. And the problem isn't because of antibiotics in my case. More probably occasional stress, lack of proper nutrition, etc.

I've tried asking for Monistat or other formulations, but all I get are blank looks (not unusual in a Russian apteka).

plastique
17-09-2004, 01:36
diflucan-get it at any apteka...about 500rr one pull-antibiotic...works really well...that's what my russian dr prescribed for me---pronounced deeflookan..150mg..Don't drink alcohol cuz it weakens the effect or if you are on the pill use a condom because antibiotics weaken the pill....kinda a rock paper sissors thing...

the Patient
17-09-2004, 01:39
Thanks!:)

plastique
17-09-2004, 01:42
no prob...there is a cream you can use in conjunction for irritation and itching, but I forget its name...if you ask a "pharmasist" at a 36-6 they know what it is...(those gals are really generally helpful)--i comes in a tube in a white box...

polly
10-10-2004, 12:55
how didn't i see this thread before?

there's a generic for diflucan that's about half the price, i'll post thename if i ever remember it again..
OTC cream: Clotriamazole
and while it doesn't come with any fancy tools for insertion, you cannot go wrong with this cream. for some reason substituted with motrizole in the states, which some people are painfully allergic to. clotrimalzole also comes in little-dissolving-pill format for hoo-hoo insertion.
there are also several suppository-type things that the ladies at 36-6 will present you with. there is also one western-type monistat-lookin thing that is SOMETIMES available - called "gynezol-7". it's just like monistat-7 or any of the other generics you'd find OTC n the states. but can't remember if they use clotrimazole or the other OTC one used in the states.

Smurfette
10-10-2004, 14:06
Generic Diflucan = Fluconazole

J.D.
10-10-2004, 15:18
Do any of you girls who participated in this thread actually expect to be asked out after this?

Smurfette
10-10-2004, 15:28
Welcome to real life....

85StonePolarBear
10-10-2004, 15:34
Originally posted by plastique
no prob...there is a cream you can use in conjunction for irritation and itching, but I forget its name...if you ask a "pharmasist" at a 36-6 they know what it is...(those gals are really generally helpful)--i comes in a tube in a white box...

Just be careful which 36.6 personnel you ask. Ask only those BEHIND the counter, who are dressed in green. White coated sales floor personnel, despite wearing 36.6 badges, are actually promoters paid by one of the major multinational pharmaceuticals firms - they will not give you unbiased advice, to put it mildly.

aanichkin
18-02-2005, 19:37
can I suggest a good Russian site www.neuronet.ru - it's like a bilingual encyclopedia with a ru/en search. I often use it when stuck for terms, like you. Yeast infection or thrush or molochnitsa or kandidoz is there, too. Alex