PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!! ibook G4 ADAPTOR????

Kitty
10-02-2009, 12:35
Any help is so hugely appeciated...
My incredibly sweet but annoying kitten has chewed through my ibook G4 power adaptor. Obviously, this is a really old model now & I have no idea if I will be able to get a new adaptor??? I know I can find them online to be shipped but has anyone EVER seen old mac parts for sale in Moscow? Perhaps Gorbushka?
PLEASE if you can help let me know!!! I have 30% left on my battery and am trying to download all my old photos!

Thank you

Qdos
10-02-2009, 13:08
I'm sure Mac dealers keep older parts, so trawl around those in Moscow to see if any can help or point you towards someone who is likely to have the component.

If it proves to be as scarce as you fear, and if the damage can't be fixed, then think of looking on Molotok - as there may well be someone on there selling Mac spares...

Ippolit
10-02-2009, 16:15
It's also used by the G3 iBook, a 45 Watt supply. Apple resellers tend to charge lots of $ for spares but try these people keyStore : Все для Apple Macintosh - macbook, apple ipod, macbook pro, macpro, imac, мониторы и ноутбуки apple (http://mymac.ru/)

If thats too expensive, if you know anywhere that is handy with a soldering iron perhaps TV repair, car radio repair etc it could be joined together again assuming the kitten left some bits unchewed and it did not blow up at the time.

How's the kitten?

Kitty
11-02-2009, 19:43
Thank you for your help
In the end I found one more easily than I expected - at re:store on Petrovka. An apple store (though not officially)
It was 3500 rubles which is a lot more than in the US, but needs must!

My kitten is fine, thnak you. Though she actually chewed up the metal part that goes into the side of the laptop, so she is VERY lucky it was unplugged at the time!!

Strider
11-02-2009, 20:45
one of my friends had (or has) a rabbit... now that was a disaster ! :)

they had patches on all the wires at home :)

Qdos
11-02-2009, 21:00
Rabbits are very popular with the females these days, especially cordless ones! :D