PDA

View Full Version : sos Help for dogs in shelter

Alexei33
09-02-2009, 00:01
Hello dears colleagues!
The benevolent dog shelter needs so much different help: financial, public relation activity etc.
Also we need the new volunteers for go for a walk on occasion with our splendid beautiful and unlucky… pets.
Thank’s a lot in advance!! alexeichik33@mail.ru

DollyTa
09-02-2009, 22:13
where is this dog shelter?

Alexei33
08-01-2010, 21:34
up!..

wren
22-01-2010, 02:39
I love working with dogs!

I've been helping my aunt at our local shelter (in the USA), but I am moving to Moscow in the next few weeks and I'd love to help out with the dogs at your dog shelter.

Can you share some more information about this shelter? And where is it located?

valerie
27-05-2010, 17:29
unfortunately, placing dog shelters addresses in the internet brings many more dogs to the dog shelters....the poor creatures are the victims - some people believe it is good to bring a dog or a puppy to a shelter.

this is why dog lovers avoid exact addresses.

a puppy in any shelter has a faint chance to survive - diseases, lethal for puppies, that are present in EVERY SHELTER, cold, lean food if ANY, no water, big brothers whose feer of death makes them deathly to the puppies...and "kind" people who know nothing of this yet know a shelter address...who keep bringing new prisoners to a very likely death. good if quick.

there are other shelters NOT MUNICIPAL, that attempt to help dogs and cats - those suffer from lack of resources and from the same "kind (i.e. blind and deaf) dog lovers" bringing puppies and dogs and cats to such shelters' gates and leaving them...

the way to help is to join an already existing group of people helping dogs in this or that shelter. I have just opened a topic about it, wellcome.

This topic author may represent a similar group and as such can publicise the NAME OF THE SHELTER he is talking about.
one can easily google or yandex this shelter name to be sure it exists. first step.
and be able to bring you there in person.second step. there you may meet other people helping animals - talk to them too, find out more about the shelter org.structure and needs and...use your own common sence. (knowing a telephone number of a R-E bilingual is useful)

BUT REMEMBER !!! NEVER DONATE MONEY IF YOU ARE NOT SURE IT GOES STRAIGHT TO THE ANIMALS. There are also many of those who use peoples' love to animals and little knowledge of local infrastructure to fundraise into their own pocket.

a good example is stray individuals asking for money in the subways with a couple of poor animals under sedatives doomed to soon die as the worse they look, the more money such individuals make. These are stray animals that noone can help....alas. Please do not give money on the street or in the trains - shelters (no matter what) never ask for cash in public places.

platinum23
27-05-2010, 18:55
Donate your time, not your money. Or donate the food directly.

Shelters in Russia: Not a pretty sight.

The stray dogs have a better life than those in the shelters...

whizkid
27-05-2010, 21:13
absolutely agree with Valerie and Platinum.
your help and time-that's what private shelters need much more than money.

and Platinum is absolutely right about the life of stray dogs -it is a heaven comparing to life of those in shelters.

valerie
29-05-2010, 17:19
One of the types of help to the sheltered dogs is advertising

Some dogs are taken out (by those who care) to the foster houses for active medical treatment and when well, need active internet coverage to find forever homes. We never return animals back to the shelters!

If you love spending time in the internet you are welcome to place dogs' ads in as many internet sites as possible. You never know where the true dog love comes from to find his dog.

valerie
30-01-2012, 01:33
this is the worst time of the year for the poor suffering prisoners in the Russian dog-so-called-"shelters"

if you ever thought about helping them - do not postpone

walk
feed
pet
visit them - you will see what's needed next

there is two of such in the "center" of Moscow near VDNH

valerie
15-02-2012, 00:45
For those who help the caged animals - remember - when they are cold (right now they suffer from cold in the Moscow camps), most calorie rich food is raw meat - beef for animals. No pork. Chicken possible, but lean in fat.

valerie
17-03-2012, 02:35
spring brings diseases to shelters - animals are weak after freezing in the camps over the winter, yet no sun or space to move and stretch muscles
good catering would be the way out for most of them - and food most of the times only comes with the volunteers.
There is a shelter near Moscow where volunteers have to bring water too! there is no water, food or electricity - only cages and prisoners - way too difficult to survive