PDA

View Full Version : Smoked mozzarella

Graffiti
14-09-2004, 10:55
Where can i find it (does not matter whether the store or the restaurant)?

The only place I know is Cantinetta Antinori, however, it is too expensive to go there often just to get mozzarella. Anywhere else?

85StonePolarBear
14-09-2004, 11:35
There is some sort of smoked Italian type cheese made here in Russia - try Azbuka Vkusa dairy case as well as perhaps Perekriostok. Judging from that firm's non smoked cheese, the quality is variable.

Benedikt
16-09-2004, 14:52
.. if you can't find it, try smoked suluguni cheese the non-smoked variety is also good to eat, but can be salty at times) , in my opinion much better, tastier and easier to find ( every market around the corner basically sells it..)
benedikt

polly
23-09-2004, 13:37
i luuurve the smoked cheese braids (probably suluguni) and "strings" they sell roud here. yes a little salty... mmm salt.

Shatneresque
23-09-2004, 16:23
Originally posted by Graffiti
Where can i find it (does not matter whether the store or the restaurant)?

The only place I know is Cantinetta Antinori, however, it is too expensive to go there often just to get mozzarella. Anywhere else?

Have you tried the Italian megamarket on ulitsa Pelugina, across from Vorontsovskii Park?

Ride south on either the red or orange line and take the bus (I don't remember the number---661?) that runs between Noviye Cheryomushki and Prospekt Vernadskogo metro stations. The market is maybe four minutes from the former, ten minutes from the latter.

Lots of other good stuff besides cheeses, at least last time I looked....