PDA

View Full Version : Steak

Carbo
01-02-2009, 01:58
I think I wouldn't find myself in the minority if I said that I don't see Moscow as a city of culinary excellence; however, Goodman's always seems to get good reviews.

And, hey, now it's capitalizing on its fine reputation among the expat community by opening a branch in London, would-ya-believe it?? Well, maybe it's not capitalizing on our support, but opening in London it is.

Read on for the greatest ode to steaks ever (not by me)...

Can a Moscow Steak House Cut the Mustard in London? The Parallax Brief (http://parallaxbrief.wordpress.com/2009/02/01/can-a-moscow-steak-house-cut-the-mustard-in-london/)

DDT
01-02-2009, 03:35
Not only can one not find a good steak in Russia, one can not find a good beef cattle ranch. Russians have never reformed their property ownership laws to the extent that a real cattle ranch could be realized and made profitable.

It would only take one entrepreneur who knew Ranching and cattle to introduce Russians to the joys of traditional ranching, a la Nevada Buckaroo style, in order to then market the taste for a tasty NY Strip steak!

It has to be marketed as a package deal as it all goes hand in hand. Russia has plenty of space for ranching and the climate is not as cold as one thinks when it comes to cattle, in the right areas of Russia. Russian men are macho and tough enough to embrace the skills of a cowboy/buckaroo,(buckaroo is a cowboy who is from the Nevada, Idaho, N. California and Oregon areas who still use the old Spanish Traditions). Russian men would be good at this stuff, roping cattle on the fly with an 80 foot braided rawhide rope from the back of a half crazy horse could be right up their ally. With a good advertising campaign in Moscow, there'd beef a flowing on Russian plates and the demand for quality beef would be high once tasted.
But first there needs to be changes made in laws to allow ranchers access to the wasted land out there.
PS: If you are reading this and a card carrying peta advocate, pissoff! I blow rasberries at you!

w.meijerink
01-02-2009, 04:25
Yes please make one I'm hungry.......................................
:eh: I guesssssss.

Carbo
01-02-2009, 10:46
Not only can one not find a good steak in Russia, one can not find a good beef cattle ranch. Russians have never reformed their property ownership laws to the extent that a real cattle ranch could be realized and made profitable.

It would only take one entrepreneur who knew Ranching and cattle to introduce Russians to the joys of traditional ranching, a la Nevada Buckaroo style, in order to then market the taste for a tasty NY Strip steak!

It has to be marketed as a package deal as it all goes hand in hand. Russia has plenty of space for ranching and the climate is not as cold as one thinks when it comes to cattle, in the right areas of Russia. Russian men are macho and tough enough to embrace the skills of a cowboy/buckaroo,(buckaroo is a cowboy who is from the Nevada, Idaho, N. California and Oregon areas who still use the old Spanish Traditions). Russian men would be good at this stuff, roping cattle on the fly with an 80 foot braided rawhide rope from the back of a half crazy horse could be right up their ally. With a good advertising campaign in Moscow, there'd beef a flowing on Russian plates and the demand for quality beef would be high once tasted.
But first there needs to be changes made in laws to allow ranchers access to the wasted land out there.
PS: If you are reading this and a card carrying peta advocate, pissoff! I blow rasberries at you!
That's your best post ever. What an amazingly good idea.