PDA

View Full Version : Canon EOS 450D

Green Tea
01-02-2009, 01:57
Does anyone have a Canon EOS 450D ???

I'm looking into buying my first DSLR and I'm leaning towards the 450D.

It is a good buy? Good/bad point? If any.

Kartoshka
01-02-2009, 14:10
For a first DSLR, the Rebel series is supposed to be really good. I have the original Rebel (300D), which I like, and I know that the XSi (450D) has a couple of features that the earlier Rebels don't, eg. liveview (where you can use the LCD screen to see what you're shooting rather than having to use the viewfinder).

RIKO
01-02-2009, 18:00
Does anyone have a Canon EOS 450D ???

I'm looking into buying my first DSLR and I'm leaning towards the 450D.

It is a good buy? Good/bad point? If any.

Perfect as a starter. If you get serious later the real costs will come in the form of different lenses. Check out this site: 5 Entry Level DSLR Camera Kits - photo.net (http://photo.net/equipment/budget-dslrs/). There are endless reviews on the web of different brands and models, pros, cons and endless technical jargon, but in reality you will use only a small fraction of the features available.

tiktokman
02-02-2009, 16:38
I have the awesome D3 but any of the Nikon DSLR range will set you apart from the amateurs who stoop to Canon. :evilgrin:

Green Tea
02-02-2009, 20:44
I have the awesome D3 but any of the Nikon DSLR range will set you apart from the amateurs who stoop to Canon. :evilgrin:

So you think Nikon is better than Canon?

Serious question, not mocking you.

I've heard that Canon is the best, on all fronts apart from price. And even then they aren't much more expensive.

Kartoshka
03-02-2009, 11:04
From what I've heard, Canon and Nikon are equally good. SLR photography tends to tie you to a brand in a practical sense, because lenses, flash, etc are brand-specific, so if you start out with a Canon and don't hate it, you'll probably stick with Canon, and same with Nikon. I don't think there's anything more in tiktokman's comment than a bit of friendly rivalry.