PDA

View Full Version : Guinea Pig for good home

Willard
08-09-2004, 11:25
I have a guinea pig which due to increased travel am unable to look after any more. I would like him to go to a new home where he can be better loved and looked after. I do not want any money, just to know he is going to the right people.

Fountain
09-09-2004, 09:24
I'm thinking of getting a pet. Are guinea pigs difficult to look after? Do they need a lot of attention? Are they aggressive?

natlee
09-09-2004, 10:02
They aren't hard to look after, certainly need attention but less so than most of other pets. I once put a finger in my guinea pig's mouth, so she bit me. ;) Otherwise, they are not usually agressive. Speaking from experience here.

Willard
09-09-2004, 15:20
In 2 years the only time he bit me was when i had been handling carrots and stuck my finger in the cage. Even then he didn't draw blood. The more attention you give them, the more they respond.

jules
09-09-2004, 15:47
Guinea pigs are great, I used to have three. They're pretty smart, too - they could recognise the sound of the fridge opening, and would get all excited thinking they'd get fed. :)

For the cage, don't use wood chips - hay or straw is better. They love to munch on dandelion leaves and spinach, but don't give too much since it can cause kidney problems.

Cute little things - if I didn't already have 3 cats, I'd be tempted to take this little guy, but I don't think he'd have a very pleasant time of it...

Willard
16-09-2004, 15:46
Many thanks for everyone's help. I have now found a good home for him