PDA

View Full Version : Prescription/Non-prescription Drugs

yankee@moscow
08-09-2004, 01:14
Does anyone know if there is a list of what drugs in Russia are available OTC and what drugs require a subscription? It seems to me that there are tons of non-prescription drugs available here that are prescription only elsewhere.

85StonePolarBear
08-09-2004, 07:54
There is probably no official list. Some pharmacies fully enforce the RX law whereas others do not. In general, all oral antibiotics are supposed to be RX (and I would assume all narcotics should be as well). It is not always a good idea to self-medicate with drugs that are RX in our home countries.

pitcher
25-09-2004, 15:58
Originally posted by 85StonePolarBear
There is probably no official list. Some pharmacies fully enforce the RX law whereas others do not. In general, all oral antibiotics are supposed to be RX (and I would assume all narcotics should be as well). It is not always a good idea to self-medicate with drugs that are RX in our home countries.

Bear, of course, there is a list. Russia may be a jungle in many ways, but it's not a bigger jungle than Europe. he he he, Parmalat is not the only example.

Under federal act On pharmaceuticals, the list is updated and published every five years. The latest list of non-prescription medicine is dated February 9, 2004.

For those, who are interested: there are other registers of all imported pharma products, including their registered names, brands, logos, manufacturers, including specifications of their production serial numbers available to public. Try Garant (r) or Consultant (r) as a resource.

J.D.
25-09-2004, 17:23
I would have expected there to be a list of prescription medicine as opposed to one for non-prescription.

pitcher
25-09-2004, 17:53
Originally posted by J.D.
I would have expected there to be a list of prescription medicine as opposed to one for non-prescription.

god, so picky, he he

sorry, can't help you in that.